Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Yea I have brothers and sisters that are baby murdering heathen idolaters that teach their kids to live off the system . Haven't talked to those turds in years....
I am guessing they are not missing you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 09:15 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Grow up OP. Politics shouldn't ruin relationships. Why do you need to "debate" people and fuel the fire?
Don't understand why people always think they are going to win a political arguement. Do you really think you will change someone's mind?

Old 04-23-2014, 09:20 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,576 times
So your Dad is hard headed and leans too far to one side politically. He insists that his sources are true and right, while saying your sources are biased. You are hard headed and lean too far to one side politically. You insist that your sources are true and right, while saying that his sources are biased. He looks down on people who have different political views, you look down on people who have different political views.

You ever heard the saying "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree?"

Old 04-23-2014, 09:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Grow up OP. Politics shouldn't ruin relationships. Why do you need to "debate" people and fuel the fire?
Don't understand why people always think they are going to win a political arguement. Do you really think you will change someone's mind?
Perhaps you should read the OP again.
Quote:
because my dad somehow ends up starting up an argument about politics and he keeps interrupting me, yelling and uses Fox News and Rush Limbaugh as his source for EVERYTHING.
I have a brother who starts every political conversation with a "talking point" from Fox News or Limbaugh .

He ruins most social events. When asked a specific question regarding the issue of his talking point, be has no idea.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:27 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Your father is your elder, your parent. This is easy to solve. Just smile and nod and do not argue with him. Sounds like you're just getting him riled up. Ever thought you should just not try to debate him? Seems you're causing a lot of your own problems.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
My entire family was full of complete RWNJs. I'm personally very liberal and social reformist although in a definite libertarian way. Anyway, most of those close relatives of mine are now dead and gone and I really miss them very much. You see, I can completely disagree with a person and yet love them very much. They all loved talking politics but unlike the OP, they not only did not gang up on me but they avoided discussing politics with me at all. The reason for that was I was always able to expose their RWNJ ideas for exactly what they were. Complete nonsense. Not only that but whenever they did talk to me about their regressive and reactionary ideas I was ALWAYS able to lead them to the conclusion that they were full of BS and that if they really believed what they were saying then they were the worst kind of hypocrites. RWNJs can only discuss things in an echo chamber. Because most of their ideas are not based on facts and are usually factually incorrect, they most naturally get enraged when they discuss things with someone who able to clearly show them that everything they believe is based on errors. It's threatening to their egos to a tremendous degree. If you are really able to make them understand their own motivations for holding on to the fairytales they believe in it can be very uncomfortable for them. Fear, selfishness, prejudice, racism, anger, jealousy, insecurities, IGNORANCE and other negative motives always underlay the surface of all RWNJs.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:46 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
I don't discuss politics with relatives (excluding my sister). I have no idea what their thinking on any subject is. But they've known for years that I have no interest in discussing politics.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:55 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Perhaps you should read the OP again.

I have a brother who starts every political conversation with a "talking point" from Fox News or Limbaugh .

He ruins most social events. When asked a specific question regarding the issue of his talking point, be has no idea.
Post isn't about your brother it is about the OP. And he should grow up andnot let politics destroy relationships. If people can't agree on politics why have political conversations? What purpose could it possibly serve except to cause a fight?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Post isn't about your brother it is about the OP. And he should grow up andnot let politics destroy relationships. If people can't agree on politics why have political conversations? What purpose could it possibly serve except to cause a fight?
Because HE is right. They're always right, aren't they?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
We seldom talk about politics in my family really. too much family things to talk about and enjoy.no radicals that are obcessed by poltical spin; I can think of even with friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies