Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 12:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is a horrible thing to do to any child. How would you like to grow up not knowing who your father was, and worse, knowing that you are simply a product of a "sperm donor?" No family history, no knowledge of who you are?

For some insight, read this: Articles: On Gay Adoption, S.E. Cupp is Out to Lunch

This is child cruelty. It should be forbidden by law.
So you're saying that straight couples should never use a sperm donor should they need to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
51% of heterosexuals can't bother to have their kids in wedlock and maintain an intact family, and y'all are worried about one lesbian family that has too many parents.

Ok.
No kidding.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what's the deal? Are people who feel hatred against homosexuals supposed to be against the homosexuals in the story linked and the situation they're sitting up?
Well lets start by clearing up the notion that because you believe in the definition of marriage being the historical religious union between one man and one woman, it does not mean that you automatically "hate homosexuals".

As to the story and my pointing out that AJ Scalia correctly predicted that legally all sorts of future definitions of marriage would occur based on the SCOTUS ruling, I am not sure what you are asking of me. My statement was a factual observation.
Now if you are asking me if I approve of the government sanctioning all sorts of alternate lifestyles and calling it marriage, then the answer is no.
However my broader point is that many times people point out that action X will result in unwanted consequences people would not approve of, yet they are dismissed because people want instant gratification, and the resulting chaos be damned. So it takes those with courage to stand against the current tide and make sure people see the negative consequences todays actions will result in tomorrow.

`

Old 04-24-2014, 12:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
They don't need to have children to understand what it is like to want to have children. My wife and I don't have a child yet, but we want one.
Still want to bring life into this world after reading the posts of all these folks with their undies in a bunch over people loving each other?

You must be insane. No kids for you! :P

Old 04-24-2014, 12:43 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
51% of heterosexuals can't bother to have their kids in wedlock and maintain an intact family, and y'all are worried about one lesbian family that has too many parents.

Ok.
Homosexuals are getting divorces in the 25% range... in time it will be just as high as hetero's.

Slightly off topic but I know a few females who claim homosexual or "bi" because men dogged them out and most of them end up with women who have the same characteristics as the guys they dated.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's a sick mind that thinks "gay adoption" is okay, too. Worse, what this "couple" (er "threesome") has done! A child needs to know a mother and a father. Not two mothers, or three (or more). This child will have problems it's entire life.
Articles: Stop Crying over Mozilla and Start Fighting Back!

"I asked the audience: “Enough of gays saying they feel offended all the time. How do they think I feel when they tell me, someone raised by lesbians, I don’t have a right to my father, because of experts and their supposed research?” Applause, applause. The clock struck 10:00 PM in Italy.

“They don’t want to be told whom to love. So who are they to tell children who aren’t theirs that they have to love two gay adults and can’t love a biological parent the adults cut out of their lives?”
This is a completely false statement from someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about. A child being raised in a loving family is the only thing that matters.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Homosexuals are getting divorces in the 25% range... in time it will be just as high as hetero's.

Slightly off topic but I know a few females who claim homosexual or "bi" because men dogged them out and most of them end up with women who have the same characteristics as the guys they dated.
So do I. Those are crazy people. And it is 100% off topic.

A crazy person can claim to be a tyrannosaurus rex. Doesn't mean he is one or I should judge all TRex based on his example.

And you missed my point. Heteros have hardly set the shining example of good parenting. This is also way off topic, but I have LOTS of friends who have intact hetero marriages for their parents and one or both of their parents is a raging ahole or crazy person. That doesn't mean all heteros are crazy people aholes.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:03 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
I have a hard time understanding why this is wrong. What exactly is unethical or immoral about polygamy?

You know it's in the Bible right?

Old 04-24-2014, 01:05 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:

Ok.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So who didn't think this would happen once the meaning of marriage was changed?
The meaning of marriage changed in 1975
No fault divorce
New definition of
Marriage

It is now a platform from which a law suit is launched 24 months after contract ---effectively stripping the man of half his livelihood for life
Without due process or wrong doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies