Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 08:47 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The same thing that happens when state universities have their funding cut... tuition goes up. BTW, Harvard releases a financial report every year.

Annual Financial Report | Financial Administration

Thanks for pointing out what i was merely trying to point out.. Money is easily spent carelessly, it can come and go very fast if not allocated and used wisely. Thats all

And since the people paying tuition are taxpayers they would suffer with higher tuition fees due to someones carelessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 08:51 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Yes. It does. None of them are illegal teachers.

And re: Harvard, you have pretty much lost your pants completely.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:52 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
Quote:
Thanks for pointing out what i was merely trying to point out.. Money is easily spent carelessly, it can come and go very fast if not allocated and used wisely. Thats all

And since the people paying tuition are taxpayers they would suffer with higher tuition fees due to someones carelessness.
I'm not quite sure I follow. Public funding is cut for any number of reasons. Typically the state legislature votes to cut funding, but I'm not sure that is due to carelessness.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Elizabeth Warren's indian name is "Lies On Race Box."

She's a fraud through and through, therefore none of us should be surprised that she's a walking, talking hypocrite also.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Warren's pay at Harvard is probably on par with other professors that teach there. I really don't concern myself with how much professors at private schools get paid because that isn't the taxpayers' problem.
You do know private universities get federal dollars for grants, research and such, don't you?

Harvard, MIT thwart effort to cap overhead payments - Nation - The Boston Globe

"The result is that about $10 billion a year, roughly a quarter of the nation’s university research budget, will continue to be channeled into such things as administrative salaries and building depreciation instead of directly into scientific studies."

“Harvard is taking the government to the cleaners,” said Richard Vedder, director of the Washington-based Center for College Affordability and an economics professor at Ohio University, a public college that receives overhead compensation at the rate of 48.5 percent.

The amount of taxpayer money that goes to support these private schools is immense, and of course, Boston is at the epicenter of this. The federal government should not be in the business of subsidizing building construction or administrative aggrandizement.”

Indirectly, Warren's professor salary is federally subsidized, because if students did not get direct student loans or federal grants/scholarships through affirmative action to go there, you would not have the populous you have attending Harvard.

One of two things would happen, Warren would be teaching to a select few rich, or
the school would have to lower tuition and Salaries to attract students to their university.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes. It does. None of them are illegal teachers.

And re: Harvard, you have pretty much lost your pants completely.
Keep living in denial lol .

I can careless about Harvard , i dont go there. I just find it funny how people think money comes from a magic pond.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Correction, she allegedly made $350K her last full year. Admittedly, $350K sounds high, but you can make multiples of that as a big law partner. Does anyone seriously doubt Warren lacks the drive or charm to become a partner at big law?
She formerly taught at Harvard for nearly 2 decades.

Harvard has the highest faculty salaries in the world.

Less than 6 % of applicants are accepted.

The cheapest law school is the University of ND where in state tuition is < $10K/yr. Law professors earn about $77K/yr.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
I told you, i read up on it and saw where it comes from... Not my fault you want to play stupid.

Congrats , keep on keeping on.
So you read up on where Harvard gets its money, but you don't know where Harvard gets its money. Lots of contradictions going on with yours posts in here.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:

How are the taxpayers suffering because of how a private university spends their money?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I'm not quite sure I follow. Public funding is cut for any number of reasons. Typically the state legislature votes to cut funding, but I'm not sure that is due to carelessness.
Im talking about your private university here... I am talking about the monies they receive and allocate within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies