Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:49 PM

778 posts, read 823,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
But he's not a Negro. Doesn't that make a difference?
The 13th Amendment states, by the way:

Quote:
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
So I can't help but wonder how many years of indentured servitude it would take a duly convicted Cliven Bundy to pay off his debt to the Federal government? I mean, it's right there in the Constitution that they'd be allowed to do that. He's clearly not capable of maintaining a productive life without resorting to lawbreaking, so he might be better off as a slave.

Come to think of it, he's an older fella. Might not be able to work off his debt before he passes. Wonder if they could take one of his sons, too?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
The 13th Amendment states, by the way:

So I can't help but wonder how many years of indentured servitude it would take a duly convicted Cliven Bundy to pay off his debt to the Federal government? I mean, it's right there in the Constitution that they'd be allowed to do that. He's clearly not capable of maintaining a productive life without resorting to lawbreaking, so he might be better off as a slave.

Come to think of it, he's an older fella. Might not be able to work off his debt before he passes. Wonder if they could take one of his sons, too?
I think they should. Take Bundy and his kid and sell them down the river - preferably the Mississippi - and let 'em work off their debts like any other "slave."

Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Bundy has become what he hates.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:02 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGG View Post
Yep, the government has been feeding Bundy for 20 years! What is your point?
Can you post a link for that??

Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Come on. Every conservative group agrees that Bundy has not paid his grazing fees for 20 years. What would you call this, other that a welfare Rancher?
Someone standing up to the government.

All these fees are tax deducible.....that is why I do not believe it is the money.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Makes you wonder.....If Bundy was a Mexican Rancher, would he be getting this support from Bundy's "MILITANTS" today?

Seize all of Bundy's assets today and treat him as the criminal he is. Forget the hype about rights, Freedom, liberty, etc. This is just lip service for the coconut groups.
So...rights....freedom...liberty are only important if you agree???

Old 04-24-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Um, if you do not stand up for the American government or recognize the US government, then leave America.
No, Bundy's fees are not tax deductible because he is a deadbeat and has not paid the fees in 20 years. All ranchers on Federal lands are subsisted by the Federal Government. You do know the cost to graze on public land is at least 5-8 times more?
Yes...if and when he pays the fees...they are tax deducible.

He always could have been writing them off.

Look at a schedule "F".

Old 04-24-2014, 01:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Explain this.

Rights? The right not to pay for grazing fees? Plus, Bundy had his many days in court. Not a rights issue.

Freedom? The freedom to be a deadbeat Rancher?

Liberty? The Liberty to threaten the BLM with a group of Militants?

No,, I do not agree with this. Neither does the majority of Americans.....this is why Bundy is not even in the news......Dead story, nothing but hype about a deadbeat Rancher. Whatever happened to the conservative ideology......."fiscal responsibility"?????????
Or "personal responsibility?"

Old 04-24-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yep, that is true! But, we the tax payers do not get to right off all the farm/ranching subsides. And as I said, he is a welfare rancher, so no write offs!
Sure if you farm you would get the same write offs.

You (or,I) do not make the tax code.

I personally do not like the way the cattle were treated.

We will just have to see how this plays out.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Yep, Bundy does not believe in person responsibilities. Just personal welfare from the tax payers. But, the GOOBERS believe he has the right for welfare and they came out to defend him. What a group of sheeple we saw last weekend. OMG!
Have you seen his 1040's from the last few years???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies