Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 AM

60 posts, read 90,798 times

Advertisements

I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?

Cliven Bundy: Are Black People 'Better Off As Slaves' Than 'Under Government Subsidy?'

How long will the racist at Fox News stay on board with this racist Rat?

Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I agree with what he said.

The government puts up signs not to feed wild animals......it makes them dependent and they lose the skills to hunt.

The same thing happens to people.....not just blacks.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree with what he said.

The government puts up signs not to feed wild animals......it makes them dependent and they lose the skills to hunt.

The same thing happens to people.....not just blacks.
May god bless you brother. Please pick up your bed sheet and hood at the next window; we ride tomorry night to guide those shiftless darkies and put them to work on brother Cliven's Godly ranch picking scorpions from the cactus crop! They say the finger of the darkie is thick and immune to the scorpion bite...!
Geeze..racist much?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkillerslingshot View Post
I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?

Cliven Bundy: Are Black People 'Better Off As Slaves' Than 'Under Government Subsidy?'

How long will the racist at Fox News stay on board with this racist Rat?
Democrats supported Robert KKK Byrd and feel that the black race is inferior.

Democrats supported Ted Kennedy and feel that women have less value than a man and can be left to drown.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Democrats supported Robert KKK Byrd and feel that the black race is inferior.

Democrats supported Ted Kennedy and feel that women have less value than a man and can be left to drown.
Your point is?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Your point is?
Quite clear. Many times people support specific actions of a person at a point in time. Supporting Cliven Bundy's current stance doesn't mean that you support his stance on everything. Additionally, most people probably have no idea that this guy espoused such racist views.

It's quite obvious the reason this thread was started.

Edit: BTW, which of our founding fathers do you admire for something they did? I'd love to know so that I could possibly point to other parts of their life that had nothing to do with their admirable act and make the association indicating that you support other aspects of their lives that might not be very virtuous.

One more edit: You'll notice that I have not commented on any of the threads dealing with Cliven Bundy.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM

778 posts, read 823,729 times
I don't think it's unfair to point out there is a slight difference between the Founding Fathers and Cliven Bundy.

Namely, two hundred plus years of social progress.

The Founding Fathers who kept slaves were wrong to do so, but it was an accepted and legal practice during the time. That doesn't make their actions right.

A person in the 21st century does not have the excuse of legal and social approval of slavery to hide behind.

This is one more reason this man shouldn't be upheld as a hero, but I doubt those who follow him will offer any objections.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
May god bless you brother. Please pick up your bed sheet and hood at the next window; we ride tomorry night to guide those shiftless darkies and put them to work on brother Cliven's Godly ranch picking scorpions from the cactus crop! They say the finger of the darkie is thick and immune to the scorpion bite...!
Geeze..racist much?
Just pointing out the facts.

The government feeds people to control them.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
I don't think it's unfair to point out there is a slight difference between the Founding Fathers and Cliven Bundy.

Namely, two hundred plus years of social progress.

The Founding Fathers who kept slaves were wrong to do so, but it was an accepted and legal practice during the time. That doesn't make their actions right.

A person in the 21st century does not have the excuse of legal and social approval of slavery to hide behind.

This is one more reason this man shouldn't be upheld as a hero, but I doubt those who follow him will offer any objections.
In the times of the Founding Fathers there was plenty of debate over slavery, it was NOT a universally accepted practice.

People can support a specific principle a person is making while not accepting everything that person does or believes.

The only reason you doubt "those who follow him will offer any objections" is out of personal disdain of a particular political leaning of that group.

It's no different than me saying that every Democrat of the 50's and 60's didn't have any objections that Democrat governors supported segregation.

This is merely an attack thread.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 AM

778 posts, read 823,729 times
This man is actively debating in the year 2014 whether or not "the Negros" would be better off as slaves.

That absolutely needs to be called out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies