Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Adult Siblings Marry?
Yes they should 32 35.56%
No they should not 56 62.22%
Dont know 2 2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 04:35 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Because if this: "adult siblings wishing to marry" happens, it likely means this: "siblings having sex" has already happened.
Despite that incisive observation, the categories are not the same.

Quote:
The seven footer doesn't disprove the data that most white people can't play basketball as he's not most white people. He's anecdotal evidence, the existence of which does not disprove the data.
No f'n kidding. He doesn't have to disprove it. If he can dunk the ball, he can use the data for toilet paper, because the data is irrelevant. He'd be laughing all the way to the pros about the data. And it's only "anecdotal evidence" if it's hearsay. If he proves his ability, it's directly observed evidence.

Quote:
Nearly every single relationship between siblings involves abuse and brainwashing.
Not buying what you have for sale, sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Votre_Chef, all great points. Just to add - a union between siblings is guaranteed to produce genetically compromised offspring, which is precisely why it historically became a taboo.
Guaranteed?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:48 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Despite that incisive observation, the categories are not the same.
Didn't say they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
No f'n kidding. He doesn't have to disprove it. If he can dunk the ball, he can use the data for toilet paper, because the data is irrelevant. He'd be laughing all the way to the pros about the data. And it's only "anecdotal evidence" if it's hearsay. If he proves his ability, it's directly observed evidence.

????

His existence does not mean the data is untrue. That's the point.

Even if I were to concede that it's within the realm of possibility that two siblings who in no way should be institutionalized and one did not abuse the other have decided of their own free will to get married (in spite of zero examples provided that these imaginary people even exist on a thread in which people are arguing in favor of their getting married) that would only mean they're one couple out of thousands of abusive ones. That in no way changes my position as I don't think (and I'm pretty sure I already said this) that the law should be changed to allow sibling marriage on the off-chance that one of the couples wishing to get married is not completely screwed up. A white guy that is good at basketball doesn't make a statement supported by data that says "most white people are bad at basketball" untrue any more than "it's cold outside right now" disproves "average temperatures on earth are increasing."

Old 04-24-2014, 05:51 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
I had sex with 2 sisters but only ended up marrying one of them...Is that anything like incest?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I had sex with 2 sisters but only ended up marrying one of them...Is that anything like incest?
Was it a threesome?

Old 04-24-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
That's meaningless and a weak attempt to get around the simple fact that nearly every single time siblings have sex, one of them is the victim of abuse, something you can't say about gay or straight non-related couples. You fail.
Do you have specific evidence for this claim?

Old 04-24-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
pro incest, pedo and beastiality

they always bring these up.

sicko's
First of all, I did not bring these things up.

Secondly, I am not a right-winger.

Thirdly, what exactly is wrong with bestiality with adult animals once adult human beings are able to accurately communicate with these adult animals? After all, adult animals have sex with each other sometimes.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:04 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Do you have specific evidence for this claim?
Post #50

Old 04-24-2014, 06:05 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Or in other words .. do you support incest?

Old 04-24-2014, 06:10 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Most people (contrary to what the media says) are repulsed by two dudes going at it in bed......But here we are!

The standard is no longer the standard....so we cant just make up new ways to discriminate against loving couples right??

So we discriminate on age?? They gotta be 60?

The new cable show Game of Thrones is even making this kinda a theme ......pushing yet another sexual envelope.

'Game of Thrones' recap: Incest, cannibalism and a poison called the Strangler - KansasCity.com
First, I recommend that you stop thinking about "two dudes going at it..." if you are so repulsed by the thought. Easy, right?

Second, if you want to marry your sibling, find an attorney to represent both of you and sue your state for the right to marry. That is, if it is against the law in your home state. Although. I'm pretty sure that there are not too many siblings that are scratching to get married. So, that makes me think this is a silly point.

Anyway, have a great night and good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies