Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:42 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times

Advertisements

Why do conservatives ever mention the ACA?

Again anyone who paid attention knows that every single prediction that conservatives made about the ACA have been 100% wrong.

Not one lie, not one exaggeration, not one phony concern, not one of their predictions came true.

So now they are forced to bring up these small stories about the ACA and make more predictions about in the future, in the future it will be horrible.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:44 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why do conservatives ever mention the ACA?

Again anyone who paid attention knows that every single prediction that conservatives made about the ACA have been 100% wrong.

Not one lie, not one exaggeration, not one phony concern, not one of their predictions came true.

So now they are forced to bring up these small stories about the ACA and make more predictions about in the future, in the future it will be horrible.
Thats not true...some predicted that a large software project would have serious problems. And they were 100% right.....course I also predicted that....so..hey 1 out of 100 predictions isn't a bad prediction rate....right?

LOL.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:48 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Thats not true...some predicted that a large software project would have serious problems. And they were 100% right.....course I also predicted that....so..hey 1 out of 100 predictions isn't a bad prediction rate....right?

LOL.
Ok, I'll grant that, but I meant about the actual law, not the website. But predictions about how the actual law would work in the real world.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,781,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Ok, I'll grant that, but I meant about the actual law, not the website. But predictions about how the actual law would work in the real world.
Right now over 1 million people are expected who were previously insured to be priced out of the insurance market due to the ACA.

So people losing their insurance is an incorrect prediction?

How about the fact millions of full paying self employed customers (you know those customers who pay federal taxes) face 40-50% premium increases? That's not true either? Those who do sign up end with much more "narrower networks than before". That's not true either?

The law has positives. It comes at a cost. For you to say all the negatives about the law simply don't exists or try to minimize those affected is very wrong.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Right now over 1 million people are expected who were previously insured to be priced out of the insurance market due to the ACA.

So people losing their insurance is an incorrect prediction?

How about the fact millions of full paying self employed customers (you know those customers who pay federal taxes) face 40-50% premium increases? That's not true either? Those who do sign up end with much more "narrower networks than before". That's not true either?

The law has positives. It comes at a cost. For you to say all the negatives about the law simply don't exists or try to minimize those affected is very wrong.
Prove it.

No really, prove to me that 1 million people will be uninsured-and I don't mean the 1 million who had crappy insurance that didn't provide coverage, the people for whom any major illness just meant "Hey going to the ER-hope everyone else pays for it cause my insurance sure didnt, and I cant"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies