Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I just parsed my OP using the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level scale, and my OP is written on a college freshman level (compared to the average American can only comprehend around a 5th grade level). I could give the benefit of the doubt and just innocently presume that my OP might be too complex to understand, or, I could be more realistic and acknowledge that deflection is at play here.
Well, calling me liberal for echoing the sentiments of Rand Paul and Dean Heller makes me think you were correct in asserting a fifth grade mentality.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think a lot of people are just butthurt they weren't alive during the civil rights movement to be able to march with Dr. King or be a Freedom Rider etc so they are trying their best to keep racism in full swing and re create those iconic times so they can feel important and say "I was there!"

It's rather annoying....
You aren't kidding. Did you ever hang with anyone that wants to beat a subject to death? What do you do? Get away from them. They are boring drags who will waste your life. That's what people who want to beat this subject to death remind me of boring drags who will suck the life out of you if you let them.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Well, calling me liberal for echoing the sentiments of Rand Paul and Dean Heller makes me think you were correct in asserting a fifth grade mentality.
I get called liberal, too, even though I hold conservative positions on many issues. I just can't tolerate racism, and fiscal issues are more important to me than social (despite having socially conservative views).

Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You mentioned Bundy in the OP and said his comments were racist, I'm saying I didn't find them explicitly racist, just dumb.
Just dumb? Didn't Bundy ever take a history class?

Slaves for sale.

I believe the common denominator between rural republicans and racism is lack of education.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I get called liberal, too, even though I hold conservative positions on many issues. I just can't tolerate racism, and fiscal issues are more important to me than social (despite having socially conservative views).
Racism is not a conservative value by any means. You and I are probably more conservative than most of the extremists we see here daily who claim to be conservative.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You aren't kidding. Did you ever hang with anyone that wants to beat a subject to death? What do you do? Get away from them. They are boring drags who will waste your life. That's what people who want to beat this subject to death remind me of boring drags who will suck the life out of you if you let them.
Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.