Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:30 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Get back to me when a 4th grader walks into a state regulated pot shop and buys marijuana there. Until that happens, this has nothing to do with regulation and everything to do with parents not raising their children properly.
What if the pot shop is being run by Randal from Clerks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
What if the pot shop is being run by Randal from Clerks?
Then I'll probably visit.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
When I was in high school, pot wasn't hard to get. So, I dunno what the OP is on about. Oh yeah, I know why. He's anti-legalization

Old 04-25-2014, 12:04 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Entrepreneurship.
No, it's more like another example of the decay of society.

Kids selling drugs at school should be suspended or expelled, not praised. Of course, we are living in the Age of Insanity, so I guess anything goes these days.

Last edited by Fleet; 04-25-2014 at 12:27 AM..

Old 04-25-2014, 12:15 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When I was in high school, pot wasn't hard to get. So, I dunno what the OP is on about. Oh yeah, I know why. He's anti-legalization

Yes on both accounts!!!

If Pot was easy to get back in the 80's ( my high school years)
How hard is it nowadays?

I suspect pretty damn easy if the kids know exactly who to go to.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:12 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, it's more like another example of the decay of society.

Kids selling drugs at school should be suspended or expelled, not praised. Of course, we are living in the Age of Insanity, so I guess anything goes these days.
You mistake sarcasm for praise. Why is that?

Old 04-25-2014, 03:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
Who's the prick kid that ratted them out?
I dunno but he better hope THEY DONT KNOW!!

Old 04-25-2014, 04:44 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
15-Year-Old California Girl Dies from Apparent Alcohol Poisoning | Alcohol Rehab Info
14-Year-Old Dies of Alcohol Poisoning at Slumber Party - ABC News

Boy, 9, killed in apparent accidental shooting in Mattapan - News Local Massachusetts - Boston.com
Police: 8-year-old shoots, kills elderly caregiver after video game - CNN.com

By your logic, the above articles should make you question gun rights & legal alcohol consumption/sales for adults. Oh, and I guess video games too! After all, you're not a hypocrite - are you?

Furthermore, in all of those stories someone actually DIED, which should make you even madder. And this was just pulling randomly off the first pages of two quick Google searches... so I'm sure we could list hundreds if not thousands of more examples.

Of course it's troubling that a fourth-grader is selling/using, but what does that have to do with adults & regulated cannabis? As others have said, it's not like this kid or his classmates could buy legally either way. And do you really think this doesn't happen in states where it's not legal yet? It's only even been legal in CO for a few months, so I have to laugh when people are already blaming it on "the downfall of society." Trust me, this kid had issues loooong before they passed that vote! Give it up, you're sounding desperate now.

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-25-2014 at 04:54 AM..

Old 04-25-2014, 04:57 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
15-Year-Old California Girl Dies from Apparent Alcohol Poisoning | Alcohol Rehab Info
14-Year-Old Dies of Alcohol Poisoning at Slumber Party - ABC News

Boy, 9, killed in apparent accidental shooting in Mattapan - News Local Massachusetts - Boston.com
Police: 8-year-old shoots, kills elderly caregiver after video game - CNN.com

By your logic, the above articles should make you question gun rights & legal alcohol consumption/sales for adults. Oh, and I guess video games too! After all, you're not a hypocrite - are you?

Furthermore, in all of those stories someone actually DIED, which should make you even madder. And this was just pulling randomly off the first pages of two quick Google searches... so I'm sure we could list hundreds if not thousands of more examples.

Of course it's troubling that a fourth-grader is selling/using, but what does that have to do with adults & regulated cannabis? As others have said, it's not like this kid or his classmates could buy legally either way. And do you really think this doesn't happen in states where it's not legal yet? It's only even been legal in CO for a few months, so I have to laugh when people are already blaming it on "the downfall of society." Trust me, this kid had issues loooong before they passed that vote! Give it up, you're sounding desperate now.
Oh look, gizmo deflecting yet again.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:05 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh look, gizmo deflecting yet again.
How am I "deflecting?" These are extremely valid comparisons (aka analogies), along with relevant questions about a child's actions vs regulations on products for ADULTS. Not my fault you cannot make the connections, or grasp what my point was... and if anything, you are the one deflecting from the issue here.

I'll put it more simply, so you get it this time - if a child illegally obtains and/or uses something that is only legal for adults, how does that reflect poorly on the laws? Does the fact that a child (probably) stole some pot & tried to sell it mean responsible adults should be barred from this product too? If you believe so, please explain how changing the laws in CO would stop children from obtaining drugs. Plenty of kids smoked pot when I was growing up, long before it was even medically legal here in CA. So I still fail to see malamute's point, just as I failed to see it on his other "grasping at straws" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies