Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 02:20 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

What makes you think I'm a moderator again, Chief? Do you see a star & bolded name? Because I sure don't. And they say pot makes you hallucinate, lol.

Besides, moderators are just regular members who were asked (or nominated) to help out. They don't get paid, have no stake in the website, and should be allowed to participate like anyone else. If they break TOS, they are subject to the consequences as any poster would be... and I have the infractions to prove it, from the days when I was a mod.

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-25-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 02:26 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Let me get this right, little kids were killed in a CT school shooting a few years ago and gun control becomes an issue for the right, basically to bad for those kids but don't touch my guns, then children are accused of selling pot and the right is like " its gonna ruin this country". Freakin hypocrites.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
BS......You let your kids get run by the institutuon. I won't.

This has nothing to do with adults. You and your posse of potheads think it does. Puff and pass on..........
You're right, it doesn't have anything to do with adults - which was exactly my point. So why is malamute attempting to draw parallels between what a CHILD did and what ADULTS should be allowed to do? And why aren't you telling HIM that very same thing?

Funny how you all think my analogies of alcohol & guns were off topic, when you're agreeing with precisely what I was attempting to say in those examples. Deflections and analogies are not the same things.

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-25-2014 at 02:41 PM..

Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Let me get this right, little kids were killed in a CT school shooting a few years ago and gun control becomes an issue for the right, basically to bad for those kids but don't touch my guns, then children are accused of selling pot and the right is like " its gonna ruin this country". Freakin hypocrites.
Bingo. That's what I was saying, but apparently some folks here struggle with analogies (and with being hypocrites). We see that counter-argument time & time again in the gun debates, how what children and/or criminals do shouldn't reflect on the legal rights for adults - and I happen to agree. But those same people, for the most part, are not applying the same logic to cannabis legalization? At least I'm fairly consistent in my beliefs, despite what anyone might think of them.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yep. We should spend 50k locking em up
Yes we should. Bill the loser parents.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes we should. Bill the loser parents.
That's not going to happen, so focus on reality here. Do we bill the parents of every other kid who's in juvie/jail?

Back to the real world, this money (to convict and/or imprison them) comes from the government & taxpayers - even their lawyer fees, if they go with public defense. I'm not saying this kid shouldn't face any consequences, but still fail to see how it justifies the millions we spend on convicting ADULTS for drug offenses.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:58 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This.

My very first reaction when I heard this on the news yesterday was at least it wasn't a gun.
Today we had a report of a kid with a "hit list."
In the larger scheme of things, while I absolutely don't condone the behavior, it could be a whole lot worse.
Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, it was his grandparents' stash.
yes, I was wondering! Maybe, they have learned to lock it up!

Now knowing where the child got it, does put it into a different view. The child more than likely was trying to be popular. Community service would do him good. Good support from the community or those close to him would be the best punishment........teach why he shouldn't partake, don't shun him and turn him into a drug addict or dealer down the road.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What makes you think I'm a moderator again, Chief? Do you see a star & bolded name? Because I sure don't. And they say pot makes you hallucinate, lol.

Besides, moderators are just regular members who were asked (or nominated) to help out. They don't get paid, have no stake in the website, and should be allowed to participate like anyone else. If they break TOS, they are subject to the consequences as any poster would be... and I have the infractions to prove it, from the days when I was a mod.
I just try and buy my time. I don't have anything against you but there is a cadre who come and try and try and get folkds banned. All they do. I just kid around with folks and some get mad. Too bad.

You were a moderator........and were mean...LOL

Just kidding............I don't care either way but it is funny.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Only some.......some kids back in the day brought alcohol to school and put it in their locker. I witnessed this in 6th grade,(early 70's) I was shocked.......... I would have never touch my dad's alcohol.

I also feared my dad more than the principal.

Kids today are being exposed too so much what should we expect?

Old 04-26-2014, 04:59 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
What I think personally is this - as I watch video of dopers smoking in groups in CO and then looking with satisfaction and defiance into whatever camera is thrown in their face as they exhale, I keep wondering "is this REALLY what the state of CO wants for its people?" Apparently it is but I don't understand how this can be good for a state, for a people, for a nation. Just my opinion and obviously many disagree, and there ya go........
Do you watch drunken revelers at times square on New Years Eve and ask how this can be good for a state, nation or people?

It was a large celebration that happens once a year..... just like New Years Eve. I live in Colorado and we don't spend our time smoking pot in large groups and looking for cameras to exhale into. Matter of fact, since legalization, we really haven't seen much change at all. Unless you're looking for it, you would hardly know it's here.

Geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies