Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,652,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think YOUR assumption that EVERYONE can get the ID easily and for nothing if need be, is clearly erroneous. And how many people is it acceptable to disenfranchise?

That's the question. How many people do you think it's okay to deny the right to vote, even though they are legally entitled to do so?

Are you really going to start reaching for whatever you can? Please tell me how in the world this seems hard? This is almost standard protocol for anything nowadays. I showed you how you can obtain a copy of your BC if needed. There is no excuse, so please stop already, we dont live in a dinosaur age.

Applying for a New Arkansas OMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

If they are here legally then they are not denied as they will have all the necessary documents needed and the fact that you can careless on who votes and who doesnt is a bigger shocker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 01:48 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,900,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Voter ID laws are unconstitutional according to the 24th Amendment, because they require the purchase of a photo ID, or purchase of relevent government documentation required to receive a free photo ID. That constitutes a tax.

Tax

24th Amendment:

Voter ID laws are 100% unconstitutional. They are simply unacceptable.

The funny thing is, the 24th Amendment exists because southern states used poll taxes, literacy tests, and other Jim Crow laws to disenfranchise black voters.

Are we moving back in time, Republicans?
According to their web site.Arkansas Secretary of State: Face Your Vote, the state of Arkasas will provide the ID for FREE.

What next?

Old 04-28-2014, 01:53 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,244,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
According to their web site.Arkansas Secretary of State: Face Your Vote, the state of Arkasas will provide the ID for FREE.

What next?
What do you have to buy to get the "free" ID? Or are you another one who thinks that because YOU have your birth certificate, everyone else should, too?

Old 04-28-2014, 01:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,750,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Are you really going to start reaching for whatever you can? Please tell me how in the world this seems hard? This is almost standard protocol for anything nowadays. I showed you how you can obtain a copy of your BC if needed. There is no excuse, so please stop already, we dont live in a dinosaur age.

Applying for a New Arkansas OMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

If they are here legally then they are not denied as they will have all the necessary documents needed and the fact that you can careless on who votes and who doesnt is a bigger shocker.
There should be no impediments for a person legally entitled to vote and voting. Period.

TENS of THOUSANDS of Arkansas who are legally entitled to vote, citizens of this country, do not have the required ID, are living without such ID. They don't need an excuse. You are the one who needs an excuse. As you are the one insisting that obtaining the ID is simple and cost-free. And yet you don't have any response when it's pointed out that obtaining the ID is neither simple nor cost-free. You just don't care if TENS of THOUSANDS of people are illegally disenfranchised.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,974,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Sometimes we just cant help or fix stupid Rather then trying to come up with a solution to HELP anyone get a voting ID card anyway we can , we still have these kooks that dont want to or care. Might as well start bringing your pets to vote.
Funny enough. Someone actually registered their dog to vote to prove how easy it is to register illegal persons. But no, we don't need voter ID or better registration processes.

New Mexico man registers dog to vote using fake name, social security number - NY Daily News
Quote:
The dog’s owner said he used fake information to sign Buddy up at a voter registration booth at the University of New Mexico.
“I made up a birthdate and I made up a Social Security number, and I had a voter registration card in my hand for Buddy two weeks later,†he told the TV station after receiving the card in the mail on Wednesday.
The man, who doesn't actually plan to vote using Buddy’s name, said he was only trying to prove that there are problems with the registration system.

Read more: New Mexico man registers dog to vote using fake name, social security number - NY Daily News

Old 04-28-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
What do you have to buy to get the "free" ID? Or are you another one who thinks that because YOU have your birth certificate, everyone else should, too?
I'm one of those who believes that if you can't prove you are who you say you are, and that you live in the place where you want to vote, then you shouldn't be able to vote there. However you want to manage that proof is not particularly important to me.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
There should be no impediments for a person legally entitled to vote and voting. Period.

TENS of THOUSANDS of Arkansas who are legally entitled to vote, citizens of this country, do not have the required ID, are living without such ID. They don't need an excuse. You are the one who needs an excuse. As you are the one insisting that obtaining the ID is simple and cost-free. And yet you don't have any response when it's pointed out that obtaining the ID is neither simple nor cost-free. You just don't care if TENS of THOUSANDS of people are illegally disenfranchised.
Its is simple, i pointed it out to you. There are steps explaining how it can be done. I could have a 6th grader complete this task.

And the same can be said about my legal right to bear arms.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Funny enough. Someone actually registered their dog to vote to prove how easy it is to register illegal persons. But no, we don't need voter ID or better registration processes.

New Mexico man registers dog to vote using fake name, social security number - NY Daily News
Hahaha... The new breed of voters are pets and dead bodies , but according to the liberals "its just not enough fraud to be considered fraud". I mean when someone starts speaking like this , you know they are not in the right state of mind. There should be ZERO cases of ANY voter fraud and ZERO tolerance for it.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,891,310 times
Quote:
It's the other way around because NONE of them offer it for "free." They ALL require you to present a document such as a birth certificate, which you must pay for. So I'm waiting for you to cite one state that pays for such documents in order to make the voter ID "free."
So the left wing argument keeps moving the goal post, next will be they have to buy gas.
Quote:
When did you stop beating your wife?

I don't play silly games. This forum is silly enough already.
You dont want to talk about it because it proves how stupid your argument is..

Old 04-28-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
But ONLY those who are legally entitled to vote should be allowed to do so. Period.

Now, how do we make both of these things happen?

If we can't make both of them happen 100% of the time, what's better? Demand proof, and take the chance that some people can't provide proof, and will therefore not be allowed to vote? Or don't demand proof, and accept that some people who are not legally entitled to vote will do so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies