Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 02:07 PM

702 posts, read 726,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Hahaha... The new breed of voters are pets and dead bodies , but according to the liberals "its just not enough fraud to be considered fraud". I mean when someone starts speaking like this , you know they are not in the right state of mind. There should be ZERO cases of ANY voter fraud and ZERO tolerance for it.
Tell that to the person who registered their dog. Was he a liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 02:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Its is simple, i pointed it out to you. There are steps explaining how it can be done. I could have a 6th grader complete this task.

And the same can be said about my legal right to bear arms.
If you have steps, then you have impediments. To VOTE. And you are evidently fine with preventing people who are legally entitled to vote from exercising that right. I think it's immoral. You think it's great.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:12 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Tell that to the person who registered their dog. Was he a liberal?

New Mexico man registers dog to vote using fake name, social security number
Buddy's owner said he was trying to prove the problems with the registration system

Liberals dont seem to have a problem with this.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:14 PM

702 posts, read 726,734 times
Quote:
New Mexico man registers dog to vote using fake name, social security number
Buddy's owner said he was trying to prove the problems with the registration system

Liberals dont seem to have a problem with this.
Liberals didn't register a dog.

If your problem is with vote fraud maybe you should go after those committing it instead of disenfranchising honest citizens?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If you have steps, then you have impediments. To VOTE. And you are evidently fine with preventing people who are legally entitled to vote from exercising that right. I think it's immoral. You think it's great.
So then voting as a whole has now been obstructed in your words. Since when i vote there a couple steps needed to vote unless your votes just magically happen?

Please, stop reaching for BS now.Its old and tiring. If the person here is legal then they have nothing preventing them from voting.

Again, my right to bear arms has MANY impediments. So you are okay with picking and choosing which rights can be obstructed and which cant be ? Are you GOD?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Liberals didn't register a dog.

If your problem is with vote fraud maybe you should go after those committing it instead of disenfranchising honest citizens?
Plenty of posts you can read up on and educate yourself as we have discussed this. I never said a liberal registered a dog now did i Try some reading comprehension, i said liberals seem to think voter fraud does not exist.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
So then voting as a whole has now been obstructed in your words. Since when i vote there a couple steps needed to vote unless your votes just magically happen?

Please, stop reaching for BS now.Its old and tiring. If the person here is legal then they have nothing preventing them from voting.

Again, my right to bear arms has MANY impediments. So you are okay with picking and choosing which rights can be obstructed and which cant be ? Are you GOD?
Please stop trying to re-direct the debate. This isn't about your right to bear arms. This is about the right to VOTE. Voting is an integral part of how our government functions. Bearing arms is not.

Voting is entirely different.

And there should be no impediments to voting. Anyone who is legally entitled to do so should be able to do so.

You are fine with preventing people from voting. I am not. I think that it's despicable for anyone to be fine with it. To think it's a good idea. It is wrong. If the person here is legal, but doesn't have an arbitrary level of documentation, they ARE PREVENTED from voting.

Not all of us have to have ID to live our everyday lives. That's REALITY. It may not be a REALITY that you like. But then there are aspects of REALITY that all of us dislike.

The question then becomes, how many people are you comfortable with denying them their LEGAL right to vote?

I'm waiting to hear you answer.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Plenty of posts you can read up on and educate yourself as we have discussed this. I never said a liberal registered a dog now did i Try some reading comprehension, i said liberals seem to think voter fraud does not exist.
We know voter fraud exists. It's just miniscule in how much it happens. And even more miniscule that it happens at the actual polling sites.

So, you're comfortable with tens of thousands of people being denied their legal right to vote, in order to prevent the ten or less incidents of voter fraud that would be prevented by voter ID. On a simple scale, those tens of thousands outweigh ten or less, by a considerable amount. Which suggests that voter fraud isn't the issue at all. Now what could the issue be??? Think....think....think....why would someone want to stop people from legally voting? Hmmmmm....the mind reels.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Please stop trying to re-direct the debate. This isn't about your right to bear arms. This is about the right to VOTE. Voting is an integral part of how our government functions. Bearing arms is not.

Voting is entirely different.

And there should be no impediments to voting. Anyone who is legally entitled to do so should be able to do so.

You are fine with preventing people from voting. I am not. I think that it's despicable for anyone to be fine with it. To think it's a good idea. It is wrong. If the person here is legal, but doesn't have an arbitrary level of documentation, they ARE PREVENTED from voting.

Not all of us have to have ID to live our everyday lives. That's REALITY. It may not be a REALITY that you like. But then there are aspects of REALITY that all of us dislike.

The question then becomes, how many people are you comfortable with denying them their LEGAL right to vote?

I'm waiting to hear you answer.
If it wasnt for the 2nd amendment, you wouldnt have a say in anything today nor would any other rights and amendments exist. Lets keep history facts correct.

How many people that are here illegally or dead are you comfortable with voting ?

What i and others have suggested is not preventing anyone from voting, as other states have clearly demonstrated that.

I find it despicable that anyone doesnt want to use common sense and could care less about our voting system.

I am not redirecting anything, i am just talking about rights as you have claimed should not be obstructed. But you seem to enjoy picking and choosing which rights can and can not be obstructed in your views.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
We know voter fraud exists. It's just miniscule in how much it happens. And even more miniscule that it happens at the actual polling sites.

So, you're comfortable with tens of thousands of people being denied their legal right to vote, in order to prevent the ten or less incidents of voter fraud that would be prevented by voter ID. On a simple scale, those tens of thousands outweigh ten or less, by a considerable amount. Which suggests that voter fraud isn't the issue at all. Now what could the issue be??? Think....think....think....why would someone want to stop people from legally voting? Hmmmmm....the mind reels.
Let me turn that around on you. Why would someone want to make both registration and voting void of any proof of citizenship or identity? You see, to me, to protect the voting process, something you say you also want to protect, I think we should make sure it is not wide open to fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies