Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This thread is about ARKANSAS. Hence the thread title, "Arkansas Judge Strikes Down Voter ID Law as Unconstitutional".
My point is no matter what you do liberals will still be complaining about it and filing lawsuits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
What different stations?
Well workingclasshero's story stated Fred voted for himself, and then went to Steve's neighborhood to vote there too.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:14 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,562 times
Quote:
Since I'm still espousing that ideology, and getting rep points for it, your definition of "long gone" and my definition must differ substantially.

Voting is a right. There is no charge for voting. And there shouldn't be costs to qualify for voting. So says the Constitution, so says the courts.

And in Arkansas, the State Constitution lays down the requirements for voting. Presenting ID isn't one of those requirements.
So you are excited about rep points on a forums? Boring life you must have.

Voting is a right, i never said to charge anyone did i? I mentioned it earlier again if you follow, i said it should be free and able to get one from your town/city.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:18 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"An Arkansas judge declared the state’s new voter identification law unconstitutional on Thursday since it stipulates that voters must meet an additional requirement before casting a ballot.

Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Tim Fox called the law, which calls for voters to show photo identification cards, “void and unenforceable.â€

Arkansas judge strikes down voter ID law as unconstitutional

Maybe instead of working so hard to disenfranchise voters that might vote for their opposition, the GOP could work on offering some ideas that would attract those voters to their side?
Maybe instead of working so hard to come up with lies to demonize their opposition, such as the absurd idea that voter ID laws are discriminatory, the Democrats could work on offering some ideas that would attract voters to their side?

Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Which doesn't mean that obtaining the ID is free.

And any costs associated with obtaining the ID are costs that impede a person's ability to vote.
but there is no "additional" costs

they need ID for many to most things

Old 04-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well workingclasshero's story stated Fred voted for himself, and then went to Steve's neighborhood to vote there too.
its the liberal mantra...vote early and vote OFTEN

Old 04-25-2014, 09:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
its the liberal mantra...vote early and vote OFTEN
It is also conservative fear mongering, so whats your point?

Old 04-25-2014, 09:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but there is no "additional" costs

they need ID for many to most things
For what?

I haven't needed ID for anything today.

Most things?

And when I renew my driver's license this upcoming year, it's going to cost me $50 plus to get a new birth certificate from the State of Massachusetts, and it's going to cost me $16 to get the driver's license. I don't use that driver's license for anything. It's buried behind my insurance card in my wallet. No one asks me for ID when I buy something at the store and use my debit card. No one asks me for ID when I use my credit card. No one asks me for ID when I buy liquor. No one asks me for ID when I deposit a check. No one asked me for my driver's license when I applied for a mortgage. And the rental company that I rented from before I owned my home never asked me for ID. I didn't even have a driver's license when I opened my bank account. What most things are you talking about?

Old 04-25-2014, 09:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Maybe instead of working so hard to come up with lies to demonize their opposition, such as the absurd idea that voter ID laws are discriminatory, the Democrats could work on offering some ideas that would attract voters to their side?
What do you think the democrat's "war on women," claims of inequality of outcome, and calling everyone Nazis, terrorists and racists is all about? It's about attracting voters.

Or did you think the dems would offer solutions to problems, ensuring our liberty and rights were protected, and holding elected politicians accountable to their oaths of office?

Nope! All the dems have to offer voters is social division, strife, vitriol, animus, hatred, anger, resentment and engrossment of an mindset of entitlement and victim-hood, with the democrats as the only savior against the phantom barbarians at the gate.

Hey, i think i just made a campaign ad for Hilary to use.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
For what?

I haven't needed ID for anything today.

Most things?

And when I renew my driver's license this upcoming year, it's going to cost me $50 plus to get a new birth certificate from the State of Massachusetts, and it's going to cost me $16 to get the driver's license. I don't use that driver's license for anything. It's buried behind my insurance card in my wallet. No one asks me for ID when I buy something at the store and use my debit card. No one asks me for ID when I use my credit card. No one asks me for ID when I buy liquor. No one asks me for ID when I deposit a check. No one asked me for my driver's license when I applied for a mortgage. And the rental company that I rented from before I owned my home never asked me for ID. I didn't even have a driver's license when I opened my bank account. What most things are you talking about?
really

I need an Id to get in the gate
I need an Id to get in the building
I need an Id to log on the computer
I had to show proof of age to buy beer the other night (andI havent looked too young in decades)
made a grocery purchase, had to show Id to use the CC
traveled to Milwaukee for a seminar had to show Id to board the plane, and to rent a car, and to get the hotel room
just got a new mortgage for an additional property for retirment...need an ID for the closing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies