Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,912,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Good for Arkansas for upholding their own Constitution.
Funny, if a state constitution said that individuals cant be forced to purchase a product like insurance, you'd be waa waaa waaa, because their Constitution isnt more powerful than federal law..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 10:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,762,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
So is your comment somehow meant to imply that my claim is false/disingenuous?

If you are not being obtuse, then what was the purpose of you taking the time to make such a comment?

However since the arguments against picture ID to vote are typically absurd, let's assume you really are clueless. Instead of me making a huge list (which may have already been done in this thread), lets instead put it a different way. By your own admission you have ID, which you claim as not been asked for in over a year.
If the need for ID is non existant or rarely required, why do you have one?
Because the law requires that I have a driver's license in order to drive. Since there is no public transportation available where I live, in order to get back and forth from work I have to DRIVE.

However, I haven't needed to present that ID in over a year, the last time being in order to vote.

My driver's license will expire. I will renew it so that I can continue to legally operate a motor vehicle. But renewing it will cost me a substantial amount of money.

And while I can afford that expenditure, I recognize that not everyone is able to do that. Their inability to afford such an expenditure should not impede their ability to vote.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,642,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What about gun permits? They cost money. Should they be outlawed?
Liberals show their ignorance and stupidity in discussions on this issue, and many other issues.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:38 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,246,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Look who came out of the cave lol. I dont care, i follow the laws and rules and if you cant afford or are not responsible enough to vote then thats too bad. I have stated my opinion already on this, the city/town you live in should give out free IDs as long as you can provide documentation on who you are legally.
You're entitled to your opinion, but it's wrong. Sez the Constitution.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:42 AM

16,320 posts, read 8,410,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because the law requires that I have a driver's license in order to drive. Since there is no public transportation available where I live, in order to get back and forth from work I have to DRIVE.

However, I haven't needed to present that ID in over a year, the last time being in order to vote.

My driver's license will expire. I will renew it so that I can continue to legally operate a motor vehicle. But renewing it will cost me a substantial amount of money.

And while I can afford that expenditure, I recognize that not everyone is able to do that. Their inability to afford such an expenditure should not impede their ability to vote.
I cannot speak for what your state or local ID costs are, however in many places it is either free or a low cost if you are poor. For instance in FL it is $25 to get an ID card. However if you are poor, the cost is only $3, so who cannot afford that?
Frankly I would not have a problem with the state giving out free ID cards to the poor instead of $3 just to eliminate the lame excuse.
We subsidize free cellphones, internet access, food, clothing, housing, utilities, etc., so what is $3.00 more dollars.
I actually know one guy who is like a friend and does not have ID, and refuses to get one. He works under the table doing odds & ends, has very little money, yet he drinks coffee and smokes cigarettes constantly. He claims it is too much of a hassle to get one, this despite me offering to drive him. Heck one day we were at a Starbucks, and he made a typical lame excuse, yet there was a DMV in the same mall. The bottom line is that it is nothing more than laziness or apathy on his part.

So what is your next best excuse for no picture ID's to vote?

Old 04-25-2014, 10:54 AM

39,002 posts, read 50,974,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Voting booths are usually within your neighborhood where as the place to get an ID may be in the next county
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Is this a fact or opinion you speak about?

If you can get to a voting booth, then you sure as hell can get around.
Most places offer mail ballots now. It's been a long time since I stood in line to vote.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,608,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Most places offer mail ballots now. It's been a long time since I stood in line to vote.
The elephant in the room is Democrats want fraudulent votes.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:56 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,391,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You need a photo ID to get into a computer? I can't even remember the last time I needed to show my photo ID.
yep every computer require you to log on with your CAC card

you insert it in the slot on the keyboard like here:

btw the keyboard also has biometeric fingerprint reader too

Old 04-25-2014, 10:57 AM

39,002 posts, read 50,974,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The elephant in the room is Democrats want fraudulent votes.
No they don't. You are engaging in petty political rhetoric. They think that Democrats are unfairly disadvantaged in being required to obtain various ID. They are legitimately concerned even if there really is very little data that suggests their concern has merit.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,246,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I cannot speak for what your state or local ID costs are, however in many places it is either free or a low cost if you are poor. For instance in FL it is $25 to get an ID card. However if you are poor, the cost is only $3, so who cannot afford that?
Frankly I would not have a problem with the state giving out free ID cards to the poor instead of $3 just to eliminate the lame excuse.
We subsidize free cellphones, internet access, food, clothing, housing, utilities, etc., so what is $3.00 more dollars.
I actually know one guy who is like a friend and does not have ID, and refuses to get one. He works under the table doing odds & ends, has very little money, yet he drinks coffee and smokes cigarettes constantly. He claims it is too much of a hassle to get one, this despite me offering to drive him. Heck one day we were at a Starbucks, and he made a typical lame excuse, yet there was a DMV in the same mall. The bottom line is that it is nothing more than laziness or apathy on his part.

So what is your next best excuse for no picture ID's to vote?
$3, $30, $50 … makes no difference. According to the Constitution, anything above $0.00 is unConstitutional.

End of discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies