Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:48 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
and the TP hates the results of the last 2 POTUS elections. So? It doesn't change the results, nor the law, in either case. It doesn't change who is the Commander in Chief.
you are too focused on the puppet. the puppeteers are in congress, which is dominated by republicans. that should be your concern. barry is a non factor. I don't belong to any party, and I have been fine with the last two puppet elections. americans weren't given a choice.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You seem to be forgetting the fact that people's rights are not up for popular vote. I simply cannot fathom why conservatives find that so hard to grasp.
and FYI darlin, our rights are up for popular vote all the time. you think I give a crap about educating someone else's brat? nope. however, funds are extorted from me monthly in the form of property taxes to do just that. wake up, and grow up.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:01 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
because "marriage" is not a right. it's a tax and a contract signed with the state. I don't understand why you can't grasp that.
Marriage is a right.

Quote:
and FYI darlin, our rights are up for popular vote all the time. you think I give a crap about educating some other kids brat? nope. however, funds are extorted from me monthly in the form of property taxes to do just that. wake up, and grow up.
What right are you speaking of? The right to not pay taxes? Almost every state constitution has an amendment requiring a free public education system.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
and FYI darlin, our rights are up for popular vote all the time. you think I give a crap about educating someone else's brat? nope. however, funds are extorted from me monthly in the form of property taxes to do just that. wake up, and grow up.
I know you want to go back to the 1700s where only the rich educated their kids (chances are, you wouldn't be educated either, and unable to read and write, ironically), but those times are long gone.

Quote:
you are too focused on the puppet. the puppeteers are in congress, which is dominated by republicans. that should be your concern. barry is a non factor. I don't belong to any party, and I have been fine with the last two puppet elections. americans weren't given a choice.
You don't belong to any party, but you are too comfortable voting for Republicans. That's ok, 96% of Libertarians in this country are fakers anyway, they pull the R lever come election time.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Marriage is a right.

What right are you speaking of? The right to not pay taxes? Almost every state constitution has an amendment requiring a free public education system.
which constitutional amendment was "marriage" guaranteed in? we have three rights. life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. you are probably one of those people who thinks having a cell phone is a right. this is the reason that the majority of people find gay people annoying, and that liberalism is regarded as a complete and total joke in this country.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I know you want to go back to the 1700s where only the rich educated their kids (chances are, you wouldn't be educated either, and unable to read and write, ironically), but those times are long gone.

You don't belong to any party, but you are too comfortable voting for Republicans. That's ok, 96% of Libertarians in this country are fakers anyway, they pull the R lever come election time.
I don't vote, I only complain. you want to go back to the 1700's when the government enslaved citizens. fancy seeing you here. after I mutilated you in the other forum, didn't think I'd head from you again. the north. separate but equal.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:18 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In the 1700s an education was not a necessity to survival. Today it is. Where there is a need, the market will fill that need.
Quote:
You're right, it is faking for a libertarian to vote for Republicans. However, the second part of that is that it would be an even worse thing for a libertarian to vote for a Democrat. Given that the libertarian party does not have the strength to be a force in national politics, libertarians who want their votes to make a difference are forced to choose between R or D. Given that choice, R is the clear winner. If the Reform Party or the Libertarian Party had a real chance of winning an election, I'd vote for them. But they don't. So I vote Republican even though there are many things about the Republican party that I don't like. Because while there are many things about Republicans that I don't like, there is almost nothing about Democrats that I like. Other libertarians that I know feel the same.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:25 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
As a matter of fact, Nevada is the second most dangerous state in the nation based on violent crimes rate and right after the number 1: Tennessee, another CCW fairy-tale land. Rotfl

The Most Dangerous States in America - 24/7 Wall St.
Quite misleading. Nevada is extremely urban. Over 80% of the population in Las Vegas and Reno.

Actually Las Vegas is in the middle third crime wise. With an allowance for the tourists it would end up around average for cities above 100,000. It is however blue and growing.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:39 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Quite misleading. Nevada is extremely urban. Over 80% of the population in Las Vegas and Reno.

Actually Las Vegas is in the middle third crime wise. With an allowance for the tourists it would end up around average for cities above 100,000. It is however blue and growing.
Thank you..

Also we are planning to create more districts in the middle of the state to off set this blue growth...But the Unions are seeing what they get when they support Democrats, Obamacare is hitting them like a down a of brinks.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:43 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
which constitutional amendment was "marriage" guaranteed in? we have three rights. life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. you are probably one of those people who thinks having a cell phone is a right. this is the reason that the majority of people find gay people annoying, and that liberalism is regarded as a complete and total joke in this country.
This might shock you, but our rights do not come from the government. Here's a list of no less than 14 court cases finding that marriage is a right. Btw, I do have the right to a cell phone and my cell phone cannot be taken from me without due process.

• Maynard v. Hill, 125 U.S. 190, 205, 211 (1888): Marriage is “the most important relation in life” and “the foundation of the family and society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress.”
  • Meyer v. Nebraska, 262 U.S. 390, 399 (1923): The right “to marry, establish a home and bring up children” is a central part of liberty protected by the Due Process Clause.
  • Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. 479, 486 (1965): “We deal with a right of privacy older than the Bill of Rights—older than our political parties, older than our school system. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. It is an association that promotes a way of life, not causes; a harmony in living, not political faiths; a bilateral loyalty, not commercial or social projects. Yet it is an association for as noble a purpose as any involved in our prior decisions.”
  • Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1, 12 (1967): “The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.”
  • Boddie v. Connecticut, 401 U.S. 371, 376, 383 (1971): “[M]arriage involves interests of basic importance to our society” and is “a fundamental human relationship.”
  • Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur, 414 U.S. 632, 639-40 (1974): “This Court has long recognized that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.”
  • Moore v. City of East Cleveland, 431 U.S. 494, 499 (1977) (plurality): “[W]hen the government intrudes on choices concerning family living arrangements, this Court must examine carefully the importance of the governmental interests advanced and the extent to which they are served by the challenged regulation.”
  • Carey v. Population Services International, 431 U.S. 678, 684-85 (1977): “[i]t is clear that among the decisions that an individual may make without unjustified government interference are personal decisions relating to marriage, procreation, contraception, family relationships, and child rearing and education.”
  • Zablocki v. Redhail, 434 U.S. 374, 384 (1978): “[T]he right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals.”
  • Turner v. Safley, 482 U.S. 78, 95 (1987): “[T]he decision to marry is a fundamental right” and an “expression[ ] of emotional support and public commitment.”
  • Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833, 851 (1992): “These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.”
  • M.L.B. v. S.L.J., 519 U.S. 102, 116 (1996): “Choices about marriage, family life, and the upbringing of children are among associational rights this Court has ranked as ‘of basic importance in our society,’ rights sheltered by the Fourteenth Amendment against the State’s unwarranted usurpation, disregard, or disrespect.”
  • Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558, 574 (2003): “[O]ur laws and tradition afford constitutional protection to personal decisions relating to marriage, procreation, contraception, family relationships, and education. … Persons in a homosexual relationship may seek autonomy for these purposes, just as heterosexual persons do.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies