Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:28 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
If you know how there IS ways to write off pets......learn the tax code.
I guarantee you I can't cash in on being a pet owner like you can on being a parent. And it's "how there ARE ways to write off pets".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 06:58 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
What's unfair is that the "children" aren't paying taxes (unless maybe they are actors) so I am subsidizing the little layabouts the same way I'm subsidizing welfare recipients. Why should their parents get deductions just for having them?
This is hilarious. "So I am subsidizing the little layabouts the same way I'm subsidizing welfare recipients." absolutely awesome.

Can we then retroactively ask for this money back from when others were kids? With interest?

Ahhh right, I see, you want the poor to be even poorer! Awesome! Maybe then we can put those little layabouts back to work!

Old 05-05-2014, 07:00 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Why do so many people love to criticize food stamp and welfare recipients as stealing from the government when they themselves take all sorts of perks because they are married and have kiddies. They happily steal money from single people to subsidize their tax breaks. I'd love to see a flat tax or sales tax so that they'd pay just as much as I do.

Married with kids vs. singles: Who pays higher taxes? - Apr. 25, 2014
I don't get anything for free.

I get a tax deduction for a child.

Apples and meteors.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is hilarious. "So I am subsidizing the little layabouts the same way I'm subsidizing welfare recipients." absolutely awesome.

Can we then retroactively ask for this money back from when others were kids? With interest?

Ahhh right, I see, you want the poor to be even poorer! Awesome! Maybe then we can put those little layabouts back to work!
Children have worked for thousands of years. It builds character, teaches the value of labor and makes them employable when they become adults.

I see nothing wrong with kids having jobs, whether it's helping around the house, helping in the family business or doing chores for a friend or nieghbor.

If you want some pumped up kicks or the latest video game, earning the money to purchase it adds character.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:40 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
I guarantee you I can't cash in on being a pet owner like you can on being a parent. And it's "how there ARE ways to write off pets".
There are a few....

Boarding business.
Breeding business
Training business
Conditioning dogs.....this is a service that is new....it is getting popular for people with hunting dogs and not a lot of time.
Is your dog a guard dog for a home business???

And my favorite the IRS loved....

I used my dogs in an ad for our business....this was not why we were audited but, the test they put it to was..."would a picture of ANY dog had the same message".

They determined that a picture of ANY dog would have changed the ad and it would not have been effective.

That was with our labs....I have a new ad with our hounds I am working on.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
There are a few....

Boarding business.
Breeding business
Training business
Conditioning dogs.....this is a service that is new....it is getting popular for people with hunting dogs and not a lot of time.
Is your dog a guard dog for a home business???

And my favorite the IRS loved....

I used my dogs in an ad for our business....this was not why we were audited but, the test they put it to was..."would a picture of ANY dog had the same message".

They determined that a picture of ANY dog would have changed the ad and it would not have been effective.

That was with our labs....I have a new ad with our hounds I am working on.
I have an old girl lab who is sixteen now I think something around there. She still is hanging in. Great old dog.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:58 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Children have worked for thousands of years. It builds character, teaches the value of labor and makes them employable when they become adults.

I see nothing wrong with kids having jobs, whether it's helping around the house, helping in the family business or doing chores for a friend or nieghbor.

If you want some pumped up kicks or the latest video game, earning the money to purchase it adds character.
Children have worked a lot in the past-it made them less educated. And our labor system values education more then the "value of labor" Seriously, welcome to the 21st century.

As for working around the house, chores, etc. Very few households don't have them doing this. Some ore, some less. It does help teach them the value of working no arguments there.

Weird thing though. I have 8 kids, 7 of them got the message, but one of the middle ones didnt. He is a stepson, and apparently inherited his fathers allergy to work. So apparently there is a genetic peice to it. We have GOT to get some genetic engineering going.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I have an old girl lab who is sixteen now I think something around there. She still is hanging in. Great old dog.
Our labs are gone now.....Angel was PTS about 8 weeks ago at 14.

I don't believe life will ever be the same.

Kiss you girl good night for me....

Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Our labs are gone now.....Angle was PTS about 8 weeks ago at 14.

I don't believe life will ever be the same.

Kiss you girl good night for me....
That is the name of ours too...........Angel I think you meant. She will climb on soon.............like every other night. I will giver her a rub for ya............then push her off to the side so I can sleep.........lol

Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That is the name of ours too...........Angel I think you meant. She will climb on soon.............like every other night. I will giver her a rub for ya............then push her off to the side so I can sleep.........lol
I did mean Angel....get upset just thinking about her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies