Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:36 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,286,310 times

Advertisements

New York is advertising a new program to give incentive business. Under this program, businesses can operate 100% tax-free for 10 years. No income tax, business, corporate, state or local taxes, sales and property taxes, or franchise fees.

Gee, I guess the liberals down deep understand that if you want to create jobs and improve the economy, the path is to lower taxes..... This is a travesty... say it ain't so... How are we going to tell the liberals from the conservatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 09:44 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
New York is advertising a new program to give incentive business. Under this program, businesses can operate 100% tax-free for 10 years. No income tax, business, corporate, state or local taxes, sales and property taxes, or franchise fees.

Gee, I guess the liberals down deep understand that if you want to create jobs and improve the economy, the path is to lower taxes..... This is a travesty... say it ain't so... How are we going to tell the liberals from the conservatives?
Kindly cite the program. I suspect their are a few conditions.

Why do you think these are liberals? Corporate welfare is generally a conservative idea.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:

10 years huh? And then what? They just change business names and do it again. Sounds like a sweat deal...for businesses. So you're OK then with all the people employed to pay the offset in taxes?

Oh BTW businesses are paying a record low % of the taxes paid btw....

Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Kindly cite the program. I suspect their are a few conditions.

Why do you think these are liberals? Corporate welfare is generally a conservative idea.
i forget the name of the program, but new york is advertising the tax incentives program to get businesses to move there. i suspect there is a whole list of requirements, including one that would require the businesses that relocate to remain there for more than ten years, and to pay some sort of back taxes after the ten year period expires.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i forget the name of the program, but new york is advertising the tax incentives program to get businesses to move there. i suspect there is a whole list of requirements, including one that would require the businesses that relocate to remain there for more than ten years, and to pay some sort of back taxes after the ten year period expires.
Here it is:
Gov. Cuomo's 'Tax-Free' Plan for NY Isn't Really Tax-Free

Turns out the devil is in the details. Go read.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:58 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

START-UP NY |

Eligible businesses
  • Should be a new company in New York State; a company from out of state that is relocating to New York; or an expansion of a company that already has employees in New York State.
  • Can create new jobs in the first year
  • Will bring positive and economic benefits
  • Should align to the mission of the campus you’re considering
Non-eligible businesses

• Retail and wholesale businesses
  • Restaurants
  • Real estate brokers
  • Law firms
  • Medical or dental practices
  • Real estate management companies
  • Hospitality (lodging for travelers or vacationers)
  • Finance and financial services
  • Businesses providing personal services (including personal care, death care, pet care, laundry and cleaning services)
  • Businesses providing business administrative or support services (unless the business is creating at least 100 new jobs and has received permission to participate)
  • Accounting firms
  • Businesses providing utilities; or energy production and distribution companies.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,286,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Here it is:
Gov. Cuomo's 'Tax-Free' Plan for NY Isn't Really Tax-Free

Turns out the devil is in the details. Go read.
The "details" are irrelevant... the what is relevant is that even the liberals capitulate on the issue that taxes stand in the way of economic growth.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,523,294 times
Quote:
The "details" are irrelevant... the what is relevant is that even the liberals capitulate on the issue that taxes stand in the way of economic growth.
So what you're saying is we should get rid of all taxes and just let anarchy rule while the rich hole up and defend themselves from all the "lowers." Yep, sounds like a conservative plan to me.

Quote:
Wow. Thats not even remotely what it means. But hey if thats how you want to play it, have fun

4,582 posts, read 3,406,988 times
Would my duck farm qualify?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies