Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 04:28 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
So now if you are a jerk you loose your business because of your PRIVATE phone calls which in all honesty is nobodies business but his own. Anyone who is OK with this should never be against the government or any other person recording their calls and making them public, nor should they be against being punished for what you say in any private conversation they have.
This isn't about what some jerk said, it's about privacy and freedom.

It is the rules and bylaws of the NBA that Sterling AGREED to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 04:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
whatever you are smoking...

please put it out.
Odd how you didn't say that about the now evil Sterling that most of you screames didn't even know who he was last week at this time. lol

Old 04-30-2014, 04:31 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, I disagree.....

rules also entail freedom of speech....you can make any rule up you want....even the NBA, however, you would hope that everyone acts like little ladies and gentleman, in a perfect world, however, not everyone is a lady or gentleman and this isn't a perfect world...so, some people will never live up to your expectations, but things are changing....however, there will always be racism no matter if this is 2014 or 2030....and as long as you try and force people, it ain't gonna happen and BTW, that woman who taped all this, is evil.....pure evil....to do something like that, that was premeditated, regardless of what has happened here, she is just as much to blame if not more then him....

and he has every right to say what he thinks in his own home....

I don't agree with him and never will, however, that is HIS right....
...and its the NBA's right to ban him and vote for his removal as an owner.

Its amazing how everyone wants the government to intervene in a private business decision.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

All these players and the rest of the clowns fighting to be outraged and "hurt" the most can shove it. Until these people take a stance against Sharpton, Jackson and others the same way they did this owner, they can screw.
Jesse is more worried about ginning up racism than his own kid.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Quite frankly I think the NBA is a joke anyway! Haven't watched in years. But I see didn't address or acknowledge the double standards in this country regarding racism.
I don't pay much attention until playoff time. They actually try then. How they earn the evil white man's money.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:35 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
So... does this mean the Black Panthers weren't racist? They slept with white women and worked with hippies...

just sayin'

Old 04-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Adam Silver to Donald Sterling - "This is very hard for me to do, Donald. But I am going to force you to collect the 5000% profit you made on your original 15 million dollar purchase....just give us $2.5 million"
ESPN boys were saying that team may be worth a billion when all is said and done. Thing is his wife owns part of the team too. Will the NBA toss her also?

Old 04-30-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
No, for cheating on his wife with a conniving gold digger. She's cost him millions of dollars and a lot of trouble. He should have purchased a few high-end hookers. It would have been cheaper and less troublesome.
What did he cost her? What he bought and the 2.5 mill. He will most likely end up with a billion dollars when the "mob" forces him to sell his team. Then the "mob" will hate him more I'm sure.

Never a fan of Cuban but he's about the only guy who's made sense in all this insanity. Of course the mighty Dirk is white............how long till he's a racist? lol

Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM

Still haven't seen anybody upset about the D oh Double G and his comments. Why is that? Shouldn't he be run out of town too? I guess not in the eyes of the screamers. I don't scream just laugh at the insanity that is going on.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
...and its the NBA's right to ban him and vote for his removal as an owner.

Its amazing how everyone wants the government to intervene in a private business decision.
What is "amazing" is how folks who didn't even know who the Clippers were a week ago are now outraged and run a guy out of town. Liberals preach all this anti bullying crap but in the end they are the bullies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies