Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Exactly.

The guy is a jerk but his little tramp on the side was retaliating from her being sued by the Sterlings. Folks like lemmings all jump on the fray. More to it than a racist tirade by an 80 year old.
In other words, don't say racist things to someone you are having sex with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 AM

582 posts, read 778,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Does it somehow make what he said less racist? That is like saying the husband cheated on the wife, but she was never suppose to find out, so really it isn't his fault he cheated.
No - it does make his comments any less racist, they clearly were. However, your comment isn't even close to what I stated or implied. What I said, very clearly, was that it was a private conversation and is none of our BLANKING business. Would you want every conversation you made to be broadcast in the media for public scrutiny? As you so pure of thought and deed that everything you have done or said wouldn't offend someone?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:36 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
In other words, don't say racist things to someone you are having sex with.
That is probably a very good idea. He stepped in it. She lay the trap. They deserve each other as I have been saying.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
No - it does make his comments any less racist, they clearly were. Nor is your comment even close to what I stated or implied. What I said, very clearly, was that it was a private conversation and is none of our BLANKING business. Would you want every conversation you made to be broadcast in the media for public scrutiny? As you so pure of thought and deed that everything you have done or said wouldn't offend someone?
But now it is public knowledge, and it is something the NBA shouldn't tolerate.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:38 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Good question. Please pose it to the Southern California NAACP.
I think I will. Will also ask them why were they also honoring Walmart as well.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:39 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Probably already mentioned. But the guy should own a Hockey team instead. Preferably in Canada somewhere.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:43 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
No - it does make his comments any less racist, they clearly were. However, your comment isn't even close to what I stated or implied. What I said, very clearly, was that it was a private conversation and is none of our BLANKING business. Would you want every conversation you made to be broadcast in the media for public scrutiny? As you so pure of thought and deed that everything you have done or said wouldn't offend someone?
You do have a point, but only up to a certain degree. Let's look at the bigger picture - this wasn't an isolated incident with respect to Sterling's racism. He's not only talked the talk (as far as making racist comments in public) but walked it as well - with a record of housing discrimination and being a slumlord. So it's only the icing on the cake as far as what's known about him.

He probably shouldn't have been a sports team owner in the first place, but money talks loudest, sadly. And now since racism is bad for business, he's going to be ousted in some way or another by the NBA.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No need to comment on a gossip rag story in a news conference. What is so complicated about that?
An unarmed kid is killed by a self-appointed vigilante, and you trivialize it as a "gossip rag story."

Hopefully you won't ever have to go through something like that.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:54 AM

582 posts, read 778,853 times
Quote:
But now it is public knowledge, and it is something the NBA shouldn't tolerate.
Unless there is evidence that he discriminated based on race, it is none of the NBA business who he wants to have as friends. If he discriminated because of race then go after him for that. If he is a slumlord, go after him for that. But, we can't be thought police and punish people for thoughts.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
No - it does make his comments any less racist, they
clearly were. However, your comment isn't even close to what I stated or
implied. What I said, very clearly, was that it was a private conversation and
is none of our BLANKING business. Would you want every conversation you made to
be broadcast in the media for public scrutiny?
I could care less.

Quote:

As you so pure of thought and deed that everything you have done or
said wouldn't offend someone?
Of course not, but I suggest that nothing said by either you or I would even be up for said public scrutiny because we are not politically or economically powerful billionaires who own sports teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies