Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 02:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Instead of trying to make the genders interchangable, embrace the differences. Men are one way and women are another. Each complimenting one another. Not trying to be the other
In my opinion thinking 'men are one way and women are another' isn't embracing the differences it's actually limiting embracing differences. This notion is seemingly rather stating A = woman and B = man so a woman being B isn't embraced differences rather she's not regarded as not a woman.

Also in my opinion thinking other than sex change operations that the genders can 'try to be the other' actually creates differences than embraces differences. People are different from each other so gals are different from other gals and guys are different from other guys. It's odd to me how it seems people accept that people are different as in some are A, some are B, some are C, yet with gender it seems people do not accept that women can be different or that men can be different. Perhaps because that means the gender aren't so different and it seems people need a clear definition of what is a man/what is a woman beyond science (something that seemingly and tellingly isn't done or needed with the races).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 02:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
The problem Ruth is equality is equality on all issues not just ones that benefit any one agenda. That includes reproductive rights, pay and responsibility at home etc.
True. Equality in custody of children after divorce, all kinds of stuff. But I was responding to his comment about Japanese society.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:06 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
The problem Ruth is equality is equality on all issues not just ones that benefit any one agenda. That includes reproductive rights, pay and responsibility at home etc.
Reproductive rights will never be equal things, as long as the uterus that is used to raise a baby belongs to women.

All other things:

Spending time with children, chores, work, etc... Can be equal if we choose to make them equal.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:06 PM

540 posts, read 453,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
In my opinion thinking 'men are one way and women are another' isn't embracing the differences it's actually limiting embracing differences. This notion is seemingly rather stating A = woman and B = man so a woman being B isn't embraced differences rather she's not regarded as not a woman.

Also in my opinion thinking other than sex change operations that the genders can 'try to be the other' actually creates differences than embraces differences. People are different from each other so gals are different from other gals and guys are different from other guys. It's odd to me how it seems people accept that people are different as in some are A, some are B, some are C, yet with gender it seems people do not accept that women can be different or that men can be different. Perhaps because that means the gender aren't so different and it seems people need a clear definition of what is a man/what is a woman beyond science (something that seemingly and tellingly isn't done or needed with the races).
so men and women arent different? Science proves it easily. Men have more testoterone. Women have more estrogen. Women give birth. Men impregnate. There is no law preventing men from giving birth or women from imprenating men. Its nature. Trying to mix and match genders isnt embracing differences its trying to make them as similar as possible.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:12 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True. Equality in custody of children after divorce, all kinds of stuff. But I was responding to his comment about Japanese society.
What i value about japanese society is most act in public on the notion of there actions will be looked upon by everyone so there personal choices work towards "We vs I"

Old 04-26-2014, 02:15 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
so men and women arent different? Science proves it easily. Men have more testoterone. Women have more estrogen. Women give birth. Men impregnate. There is no law preventing men from giving birth or women from imprenating men. Its nature. Trying to mix and match genders isnt embracing differences its trying to make them as similar as possible.
Okay, let's embrace the difference. Women will carry the baby for 9 months and breastfeed them until weaned.

That's the difference.

Not cleaning up after the child, not doing dishes, not working to support the house. Those differences are arranged.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
What i value about japanese society is most act in public on the notion of there actions will be looked upon by everyone so there personal choices work towards "We vs I"
I also like that if they truely dislike something they dont get violent. They avoid it. The Herbivoire Man is a popular subject in Japan. Men who dont want to be tied down to traditional gender roles and do their own thing.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Okay, let's embrace the difference. Women will carry the baby for 9 months and breastfeed them until weaned.

That's the difference.

Not cleaning up after the child, not doing dishes, not working to support the house. Those differences are arranged.
Correct. We can only change social roles not genetic ones.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:18 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
I'm unsure why you're asking me if men and women aren't different in regards to nature as I already stated they are ala sex change. Perhaps I overestimated your intelligence to grasp I was implying that the only differences I see are biological, physical, and anatomical.

In my opinion mixing and matching in regards to personality is embracing the differences as it's embracing that women can be different and men can be different. While playing men are one way and women are another way in regards to matters like personality that's creating differences not embracing.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I'm unsure why you're asking me if men and women aren't different in regards to nature as I already stated they are ala sex change. Perhaps I overestimated your intelligence to grasp I was implying that the only differences are biological, physical, and anatomical.

If it is in regards to matters like personality mixing and matching is embracing the differences as it's embracing that women can be different and men can be different. While playing men are one way and women are another way in regards to matters like personality that's creating differences not embracing.
We can only alter social roles not genetic ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies