Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are a "right winger," would you like to abolish all universities in the US?
Yes 4 4.44%
No 86 95.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:45 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's because it exposes their willful ignorance.
I think the real reason they tell themselves this is they want to be able to justify never listening to anything we have to say. It's simply an excuse for intellectual laziness; if the other side is so uneducated, then why consider any of their views? Makes it much easier to fall in line...

Old 04-28-2014, 07:45 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So by your own admission, College makes you liberal.. (even if what you said is true, and its not, the admission is histerical considering you argue its Republicans who usually try to make that argument)..

Presidential Politics: More Educated Vote Republican - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
Presidential Politics: More Educated Vote Republican

Oooh I've learned one thing, let a liberal mouth off long enough and they will prove a conservatives point every dam time while displaying their ignorance on almost every topic.

Anything else you want to share?
I said colleges make people more liberal? No I know you are just making things up.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
LOL!

The 3 that would abolish Universities, are not conservative by any means!!!!
borregokid, SHABAZZ310, TylerJAX

Old 04-28-2014, 07:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL!

The 3 that would abolish Universities, are not conservative by any means!!!!
borregokid, SHABAZZ310, TylerJAX
Maybe they are like Obama himself and "hit the wrong button"....like he did in the state senate on votes.....six times.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I said colleges make people more liberal? No I know you are just making things up.
You said Republicans lack more than high school education.. That would mean that those who went to collect, decide they arent Republican..

You really arent any good at this so you should stop.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 AM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Haha, nah, I don't think the current list of 19 are lying, it is way too early. If you want to see the real numbers, wait until the late night hours when the real far right wingers start going to town on the site.
Looks like your real far right wingers showed up...borregokid and shabbazz....

Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
It would also be nice if you didn't have to waste more than 1/2 the time you spend in "higher education" wasted on classes that do nothing but indoctrinate student's into the Marxist philosophy, the classes that teach hatred towards whites, revisionist history, stupid PE classes, (one friend of mine had to take bowling as a class ) while you waste time and resources and funding on those totally useless classes instead of learning whatever your chosen discipline is.

I also have a degree in engineering. The diploma is in a drawer somewhere, I don't look at it as an achievement, rather a high priced waste of most of my money and time spent to get it. I do fine with engineering, but all those classes I was forced to take to have a "well rounded" education had the exact opposite effect on me from the desired purpose, in other words, it made me so disgusted with the liberal agenda, I could never knowingly support any of that agenda, ever.

College should be where you hone your skills and master the necessary foundation to find work. Instead, most of my "classmates" used it as an opportunity to party, drink, ***** around, go to foot ball games, and in general waste 4+ more years while mommy and daddy paid their bills.

I worked 2 jobs as well as carry a full credit load to get my education. The classes that were relevant to my discipline, math, physics, molecular structure, chemistry, Electronic theory etc. were good. The social classes and make work classes for the benefit of some tenured professor that wasn't even there for most of the classes because they let their assistants pass out the assignments, were a complete waste of time and money.

I am not against higher education, I am against waste and forced indoctrination.
It's not forced. Attending college is optional. Not to mention students typically have some choices in classes, professors, etc. The basic/core classes are about broadening one's mind and expanding one's horizons. College is about education; it isn't a trade school. Broadening one's mind and expanding one's horizons does not necessarily make one more liberal. (No, my degree is not in the liberal arts area.)

I actually had some *gasp* conservative professors in college. I attended a large state university, not some private Christian school or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm a "right-winger" and I don't think any university should be abolished, but I am against government funding of colleges and universities. I am also against government involvement in financial aid. I think government subsidization is discriminatory against those who do not go to college/university.

I am university educated (4 year degree). I went to a private university and did not receive any government (ie. taxpayer) subsidy.
I don't know what to say to this. We need an educated populace.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Maybe they are like Obama himself and "hit the wrong button"....like he did in the state senate on votes.....six times.
At least they didnt vote "present", 129 times..

They are currently trying to figure out how to get around the phantom photo ID required to vote on the poll as we speak so they can pump the numbers up..

Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The poster urbanlife78 said:

So let's see if that is true with a poll of city-data members. I am making this a public poll to avoid shenanigans.
What's a "right-winger?" The fascist left, who have been running the Democratic Party, are right-wingers.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:59 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
It is typically the Republican voters that lack anything above a high school degree
Actually, of those who lack a high school diploma, 64% vote Democrat.

Source: CNN

Democrats absolutely depend on undereducated voters to win elections and maintain political power.

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies