Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 10:07 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,576,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
My 401K has doubled since Gomer left office but I`m truly sorry for the rest of you. Before I retired I worked for a company that made most of the steel for catalytic converters. Those big govt. regulations put tens of thousands of dollars in my pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Isn't it the left that always accuses the right of saying "I've got mine, so screw everyone else?" Interesting that your response would be precisely that. So, no comment on how these liberal icons are utilizing government to avoid taxes? No comment on how government is effectively crushing small businesses while protecting their liberal billionaires?
Yes the left loves accusing the right of saying "I've got mine so screw everyone else". And here we have it, gmagoo, a liberal loving democrat saying "I've got mine so screw everyone else".

By the way gmagoo, I've got mine but instead of rubbing my hands together like you obviously are I'm seeing what Obama and his regulations are doing to the middle class. Since I've got mine, instead of being greedy like you and your liberal hypocrite friends I do what I can to help family who are middle class and getting slammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 10:36 AM

31,993 posts, read 36,529,675 times
And this is a surprise to who?

Business always puts business first, no matter who they support politically. That goes back to approximately the beginning of time.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 AM

12,236 posts, read 6,399,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes the left loves accusing the right of saying "I've got mine so screw everyone else". And here we have it, gmagoo, a liberal loving democrat saying "I've got mine so screw everyone else".

By the way gmagoo, I've got mine but instead of rubbing my hands together like you obviously are I'm seeing what Obama and his regulations are doing to the middle class. Since I've got mine, instead of being greedy like you and your liberal hypocrite friends I do what I can to help family who are middle class and getting slammed.
I was trying to explain to you that govt. regulations often create jobs.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I was trying to explain to you that govt. regulations often create jobs.
oh do explain?

You do realize that this thread is about rich liberals hypocrites who supported Obama's tax increase but when it came to them paying they are making moves to avoid paying taxes, again leaving the middle class to pay the bill.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:18 AM

2,739 posts, read 3,149,618 times
Astrazeneca have other options such as a possible merger with either Abbvie or Amgen, both similar sized operations and French Pharma giant Sanofi may also be interested.

Amgen, AbbVie Seen as Possible White Knights for AstraZeneca (5) - Businessweek

Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 AM

A refresher on the topic of the thread. Joining the long list of Obama supporters who are now making moves to reduce their taxes.

Drug Companies:
Pfizer's plan to move to Britain as part of a $100 billion acquisition of AstraZeneca. The U.S. Treasury is the loser. The trend is particularly popular which account for six recent deals, drug analyst, dubbed it a “tax rate land grab. If they bring those profits back to the U.S., they must pay taxes at the 35 percent corporate income tax rate. In Britain they pay 20%.

Apple:
Apple, with $145 Billion in Cash, is now borrowing money to avoid paying taxes. Apple had $40.4 billion “permanently reinvested” overseas, according to an SEC filing.

“We are continuing to generate significant cash offshore and repatriating this cash would result in significant tax consequences under current U.S. tax law,” Oppenheimer said. By paying low interest rates on its debt and being able to deduct that interest from its U.S. tax bill, Apple will reduce its overall cost of capital.

Costco:
Mr. Sinegal supported President Obama and spoke at the DNC before the 2012 elections. Costco and it's board members voted to pay out a large dividend payment to help shareholders beat Obama's tax increases.

WaPo:
WaPo joins list of companies that will pay 2013 dividends early to avoid tax man. And now those same CEOs are helping themselves to a second piece of the pie and, in so doing, demonstrating their own hypocrisy. Obama supporters have announced they will pay out dividends for the first quarter of 2013 now, so they are taxed at 2012 rates. One of the companies participating in this workaround is CostCo, whose former CEO and top investor Jim Sinegal was a speaker at the DNC.

and Good Old Warren Buffet (tax avoidance) Liberal Hypocrite
Obama’s favorite tycoon lobbies for higher rates while minimizing his own. There is nothing new in Mr. Buffett’s use of the tax code for his own benefit; it’s just an ample example of liberal hypocrisy.

As reported in Bloomberg Tax Report on March 20, Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway. “plans to limit taxes on more than $1 billion of gains in Graham Holdings Co. stock by swapping the shares for assets owned by the former Washington Post publisher, according to a March 12 regulatory filing outlining terms.”

The tax-avoidance swap transaction is known as a “cash-rich split-off.” Assets are swapped between two parties, in order to avoid the sale of the original property, which would trigger a large tax bill. It is not daring: Mr. Buffett used it last year and earlier in 2008.

Too bad small businesses will be stuck paying the bill as these liberal hypocrites avoid paying. Nice going Obama supporters! If you are going to rant at least know what you are talking about.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:25 AM

Liberal "tax the rich" hypocrisy right in your faces but crickets and an attempt to change the subject from the left.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:11 AM

2,739 posts, read 3,149,618 times
Chrysler have also recently announced that they are moving their HQ from Detroit to London as part of the newly formed Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, with Fiat moving it's HQ from Italy.

They will join other brands from Fiat’s industrial arm, CNH International, which encompasses Iveco trucks and the New Holland tractor brands, and which now has its headquarters in Basildon in Essex near London.

Reuters - Fiat Chrysler headquarters will be in London, CEO confirms - 8 May 2014

Fiat relocates to London - Telegraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters

The headquarters of the newly merged Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) (FIA.MI) will be moved to London, Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne clarified on Thursday, cementing a politically sensitive shift away from Italy, Fiat's home for the past 115 years.

Fiat's home is currently in Turin, Italy, while Chrysler is headquartered in Auburn Hills, outside of Detroit.

"Headquarters will be in London," he told journalists during a press conference at Chrysler's headquarters. "It's clear that group executive functions, the board, my office, some of my functions, need to operate out of London, but that doesn't mean that I'm giving up my operational responsibilities of the U.S. We will be multi-faceted ... we will do stuff everywhere."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies