Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Then you started talking about the 4thQ which mostly happened during fall.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I made a comment that Odumba blamed the weather. I NEVER mentioned the 4thQ.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 02:44 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
...................This nation isn't going anywhere.
...........and that is why the Dems are in such trouble in the polls. This nation isn't going anywhere under the weight of the Obama administration.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:24 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You wanted states to be more fiscally conservative by spending less correct, well you got what you wanted.

What I wanted was the renegotiation of our trade agreements that Democrats paid lip service to in 2008.

I want the federal government to stop paying people to not work.

I want to repeal any law that punishes employers for having full-time employees.

I wanted a strong dollar like we had in 1984 and the booming economy that it spurred.

I wanted a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:41 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default The Obama Recovery

Yes, we'd all be so much better off today if we hadn't suffered the worst economic catastrophe in three generations under Bush.

I'm sure the vast majority of Americans would prefer a speedier and more robust recovery.

It's a shame that the GOP house keeps torpedoing efforts to do just that.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What I wanted was the renegotiation of our trade agreements that Democrats paid lip service to in 2008.

I want to repeal any law that punishes employers for having full-time employees.

I wanted a strong dollar like we had in 1984 and the booming economy that it spurred.

Democratic voters don't WANT to work.

They want their free sh*t from those who do work.

They want a government that robs taxpayers for them.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:38 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Yes, we'd all be so much better off today if we hadn't suffered the worst economic catastrophe in three generations under Bush.

I'm sure the vast majority of Americans would prefer a speedier and more robust recovery.

It's a shame that the GOP house keeps torpedoing efforts to do just that.
They've passed endless bills to speed up the recovery. Obama and Democrats don't want to consider what the GOP has to say.

When are you going to stop blaming Bush for everything?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Democratic voters don't WANT to work.

They want their free sh*t from those who do work.

They want a government that robs taxpayers for them.
That's not the case for most Democrats. This divisiveness isn't good for anyone.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Sadly, if Americans were required to take economics through out at least high school they might understand how much trouble our economy is in. Double dip recession anyone?
These people celebrate a 6.4% (still not very good) unemployment rate, while at the same time ignoring that another 900,000 working age people have stopped participating. These people are driven by envy. If they can't have what the other guy has, they'll be content if the other guys loses what he has.

We are steaming full speed ahead toward that shared misery iceberg.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

The strong dollar is negotiable, as the stronger our dollar is the more it incentivizes companies to off-shore jobs. The stronger our dollar is the cheaper foreign currencies become. This is good for imports (consuming) but horrible for exports and balanced trade.

This is why Obama can exclaim that exports are up. The world is trying to keep up (or down) with China's currency manipulation.

I'd also add that nothing is ever going to change (in DC) without term limits.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:08 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: News Release: Gross Domestic Product

The Democrats won't be happy until the economy is actually shrinking. They need their dependent voter base, so this is good news for them.
How can there be any "growth" of the economy. I was told that Obama is destroying the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies