Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:15 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,613 times

Advertisements

Remember when Obama caught his Grandmother being a "typical white person" cough

A few beauties from Al Sharpton:
- “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

I'm certain he meant astronomy, but then I is too white to know for sure. Maybe that was my drop of black blood enlightening me.

He did make amends a few weeks later, to Jay Tapper of Salon, by saying: Homo is not a homophobic term, but I think even the reference is irresponsible and I don’t do that any longer.”

“I love this quote by Mahatma Gandhi, He ran a gas station down in St. Louis... No, Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader of the 20th century.” --Hillary Clinton

and not to be outdone we have

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden

and the there's this jewel
"I have to confess that it's crossed my mind that you could not be a Republican and a Christian." --Hillary Clinton

"A few years ago, he (Barack Obama) would have been getting us coffee." --Bill Clinton talking with Ted Kennedy

"Them Jews aren’t going to let (Obama) talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office. …They will not let him talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is.” -- Jeremiah Wright

and let's not forget these:

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” --Joe Biden

of course this is dueling racists so we have

"The DNC is ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama — a light-skinned African American with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one” --Harry Reid

Is it safe to say that to Joe and Harry, the best African American is one who doesn't look or talk like one?

Harry always has some shocking revelations, like...

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."

You should have listened to your staff.

This was an interesting find for me:
"Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." -- Mary Frances Berry

Seems she revealed the true nature of why the TEA movement has been labeled.

Last edited by surfman; 04-30-2014 at 05:56 PM..

Old 04-30-2014, 05:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Yeah man.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 PM

125 posts, read 143,571 times
Trying to blame racism on one group of people, political ideology, or region of the country is asinine and just provides excuses for racism and other bigotry. It's a problem that can only be tackled and (almost*) truly eliminated when people finally stop pointing fingers at each other and decide to just move on. Those of you who say "yeah, but THEY do it more" are just proving my point.

One of the best quotes on the matter:
"Racism is a worldwide problem, and it's been like that since the beginning of recorded history and it ain't just white and black, but thanks to George Wallace, it's always a little more conveinent to play it with a Southern accent."--Patterson Hood (Drive-By Truckers), "Three Great Alabama Icons"

*obviously there will still be a few racist idiots out there, that'll never change, but hopefully one day it won't even be 1/10th of 1 percent of people

Old 04-30-2014, 05:50 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha hughes View Post
Trying to blame racism on one group of people, political ideology, or region of the country is asinine and just provides excuses for racism and other bigotry. It's a problem that can only be tackled and (almost*) truly eliminated when people finally stop pointing fingers at each other and decide to just move on. Those of you who say "yeah, but THEY do it more" are just proving my point.

One of the best quotes on the matter:
"Racism is a worldwide problem, and it's been like that since the beginning of recorded history and it ain't just white and black, but thanks to George Wallace, it's always a little more conveinent to play it with a Southern accent."--Patterson Hood (Drive-By Truckers), "Three Great Alabama Icons"

*obviously there will still be a few racist idiots out there, that'll never change, but hopefully one day it won't even be 1/10th of 1 percent of people
I'd argue that we are very close to 1/10th of 1%, or 1 in a thousand.

My reasoning for this thread is to show how racism has no political affiliation. As a person of mixed heritage and a Libertarian who sides with the TEA movement, I take offense that the race card is being used ad nauseam, and the irrational belief that all conservatives are racists.

If a conservative had said anything like the quotes I cited, would they be allowed to stay in office?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
I'd argue that we are very close to 1/10th of 1%, or 1 in a thousand.

My reasoning for this thread is to show how racism has no political affiliation. As a person of mixed heritage and a Libertarian who sides with the TEA movement, I take offense that the race card is being used ad nauseam, and the irrational belief that all conservatives are racists.

If a conservative had said anything like the quotes I cited, would they be allowed to stay in office?
Conservatives have that rep for a reason...They worked REALLY hard to cultivate it.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:09 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
The left has a long legacy of racism. You only have to look at Obama pal Spike Lee, who said that he looks daggers at interracial couples, to see that.

The right has a basis on which to extirpate racism, as seen with the case of Jim Allen. The left evidently does not, as seen with the case of Spike Lee.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:11 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times
This is why they have such a sensitivity towards racism, they carry it themselves. I'm not quite sure how they get away with it, but they're very good at deflecting it away from them.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,930,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah man.
And don't forget Jesse Jackson referred to NYC as "Hymietown".

Old 04-30-2014, 06:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Sharpton, Jackson et al are race hucksters. Enriching themselves by screaming racism when it will get them a buck.

They are parasites.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:28 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,581,931 times
I think being racist, to a certain extent, is quite natural. Just like I think being sexist, to a certain extent, is very natural.

But 4 legs good, 2 legs bad.....it is OK for Women to be sexist, it is OK for a certain group of folks to be racist. But if you have the same skin color as Mr. Sterling, well, even in private.....you best not express your personal opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies