Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Then why would you suggest he was anti-black with your comments?
You dont have to be from the South to be anti black. I also wasnt suggesting he was.

The argument by many conservatives, and in my opinion, of Reagan, is that the protections in that law gave black people more "rights" than whites.

That doesnt make you anti black to believe it, its a difference of opinion.

Quote:
put up the link.
Let me google that for you

Quote:
factual wrong? prove it with links and facts. .
You already proved it for me, you said in your own words the USSR didnt fall apart till a full year after he was released.

Quote:
Reagan and Thatcher who were fighting the cold war during the 80's (remember her) didn't want to weaken the South African government so a violent communist one would take over. I'm sure they had access to all kinds of intelligence and files that you won't find them in google
That doesnt make sense because the ANC and Mandela did take control of the country and it didnt become communist.

Quote:
How was Reagan wrong? did Mandela controlled the ANC and the communist militant branch of the party who were committing acts of terror and wanted to bring down the whole African government system for a totalitarian Marxist one while he was in prison?
Umm that was your argument not mine.

Quote:
When Mandela came out of prison he changed. He wanted reforms with peaceful means and to work with the white government and the white minority population. Something he did when he won power in 1994. That was the difference in tactics versus the extremist branch of the party and one of the reason he divorced his wife, who was a extremist marxist who gave orders to kill thousands of Africans who opposed their movement while Mandela was in prison.........but I guess Reagan and Thatcher were wrong....lol
Those were his Wife's beliefs, no this. Those are your words, not mine and i never once defended his wife.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Liberals often accuse Reagan of racism, or at least of pandering to racists (which really amounts to the same thing). Here is a short column by liberal pundit Mark Shields that proves once and for all that the accusations are false.
A Personal Anecdote in Defense of Ronald Reagan by Mark Shields on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

The false accusations are really a backdoor racist tactic in themselves. They predictably create division and animosity. They also create a 'boy cries wolf' effect that makes it more difficult for genuine victims of racism to obtain justice.

Why do so many liberals use the false accusation tactic? And why do so few other liberals not decry the tactic (with the exception of Juan Williams, Mark Shields and a tiny handful of others)? A few may just be too dumb to realize what is going on--the useful idiots. The others are demonstrably racists.
If you believe it is a false accusation, that is one thing.

But your argument here is that it is a tactic, and that is where you lose people. Its not a "tactic" to disagree with someone about a subject.

You do realize that some people honestly feel Reagan was a racist right ? Whether they are right or not can be debated, but to blindly claim everyone is lying and just trying to sully his name is disingenuous.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:17 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you believe it is a false accusation, that is one thing.

But your argument here is that it is a tactic, and that is where you lose people. Its not a "tactic" to disagree with someone about a subject.

You do realize that some people honestly feel Reagan was a racist right ? Whether they are right or not can be debated, but to blindly claim everyone is lying and just trying to sully his name is disingenuous.

it shouldn't be a debate. There is NOTHING on Reagan's record as governor of California and President that gives any shed of evidence that he was a racist.

He was anti-big federal government, pro-personal freedom, anti-tax and anti-communist.

but got to love how the left throws the word racist against anyone that don't support the big federal government leftist agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies