Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:46 PM

334 posts, read 439,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Subway isn't the first and only fast food chain to alter it's menu to accommodate people in different countries. In Israel Subway has Kosher and non-Kosher stores.
Israel is a Jewish state where 74% are Jewish, so obviously they should serve Kosher. The point of this thread is not why a Subway or any other chain place serve Halal or Kosher; the point was that they should not ban pork because Muslims threatens or demands that because it goes against their religious beliefs. They could serve both Halal and also pork at the same time!

It does say pressure on the news link.

BTW this is not something new in Britain as Muslims patrol the streets and enforce Sharia law. Watch on Youtube... You don't have that problem in Canada so you don't understand.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,033,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
To quote you:
Seems someone couldn't comprehend the article, and a short one at that.
All you did was post a thought, and a snarky one at that.

I did a search for more sources to see if I could determine the basis for Subway's decision. The more I searched the more it seems they were pressured into it. It seems that Muslims in the UK get preferential treatment. I wonder what that's all about.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:00 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag_Je View Post
Israel is a Jewish state where 74% are Jewish, so obviously they should serve Kosher. The point of this thread is not why a Subway or any other chain place serve Halal or Kosher; the point was that they should not ban pork because Muslims threatens or demands that because it goes against their religious beliefs. They could serve both Halal and also pork at the same time!

BTW this is not something new in Britain as Muslims patrol the streets and enforce Sharia law. Watch on Youtube... You don't have that problem in Canada so you don't understand.
What the hell are you talking about? Serve Halal and pork at the same time? I live in Canada?

Where in the article from your original post (post #1) states that it was due to pressure/threats/demands? I posted a quote from the article. Try reading it. If you can't understand what you read, I can't help you.

I find people who harbor so much fear about Muslims/Islam amusing. Thanks for the giggle.

It amazes me how ignorant people are so ignorant that they don't know when they embarrass themselves.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:07 PM

334 posts, read 439,080 times
Jihadist group 'crucifies' bodies to send message in Syria - CNN.com

Those who defend Muslims ^^

Old 05-01-2014, 09:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:

no they cant. kosher and halal restaurants cannot serve non kosher or non halal foods, it is against the religious law. and the reason is that there is the possibility of cross contamination, thus ruining the kosher and halal foods.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:58 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
The Subway thing is just one example... There are tons of others.
And yet, you can't give an example of Subway being "threatened" as you have claimed. So, sorry I don't buy your "tons of others" since you can't even prove the ONE.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:00 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That's what the British people wanted. They always have something to say about the U.S. and irritated by how "religious" (meaning "Christian" in their definition) we are. They even said Christianity had no place in their government. Well looks like the atheistic liberal pansies were all too quick to welcome the Muslims into the government with open arms and now their declaring sharia law. Well enjoy.
No one DECLARED anything. Some Subway locations, in predominately Muslim neighborhoods, CHOSE to serve the market they were in.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:37 AM

13,453 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
Was it chain pizza place? Were they threatened to stop selling pork?
It wasn't A place, it is several places. The vast majority of takeout menus left on my porch, actually. And I doubt they served pork to begin with.

It's a market decision.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 AM

741 posts, read 764,973 times
Quote:
They could serve both Halal and also pork at the same time!
No, they can't ... won't. You don't mix the two in the same food service operation. Not without considerable additional expense for separate facilities/employees, etc.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
What are they complaining about. Subway has been serving meat free sandwiches since they started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies