Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 05:45 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Clarence Thomas was not put on the court to take care of "black issues". He is not supposed to represent blacks.
Great point. And that is part of the problem in this country. Black people are supposed to look out for and have a primary concern on all things black for some reason. Why? If someone comes out in the Supreme Court, for example, and says I am here to take care of white issues first and foremost, that would be racist and the media and justice brothers would erupt calling for action.

We aren't ever going to get past most race issues because there are people, black and white, who look at everything through race first. And a lot of these people who went after that NBA guy are just those type of people. Race first, always.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:49 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Video: Dem congressman doubles down on claim that criticizing Obama is racist « Hot Air

Oh look, another example of hypocrisy. You see though, he is a democrat and his target was a man hated by liberals, Clarence Thomas.

This guy also said that criticism of Obama is racist.

Oh that's rich. So what have we learned recently? You can get away with gay slurs, racist comments, insane rhetoric, and lying if the following criteria are met:

1. You are a well known liberal

2. The target is not well thought upon by the Left

3. You're just a comedian, so its ok. Its "art"

4. If it helps demonize the anti-Left, say what you want and need to say
You've picked events that are totally not the same. That's like saying a guppy is the same as a whale. Nice try though.

Last edited by Miker2069; 05-01-2014 at 07:01 AM..

Old 05-01-2014, 05:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Certainly "Uncle Tom" is a racist term, by definition. You're judging someone's behavior according to the color of his skin. That's the definition of racism. It's also dumb in that very few who use the term have actually read the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin."
It's easy...if I'm judging you by your behavior, then don't misbehave.

I hold prominent blacks to a certain standard. In this case, Thurgood Marshall 's standard. That's my right.

And this clown isn't measuring up. Reverse that and I won't call him names.

Til then...@_!#%*¢®€£¿¥!

Old 05-01-2014, 05:53 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's right.

Besides, Uncle Tom isn't a racist term anyway...especially not in this case. It's appropriate when discussing certain servile blacks. Necessary even.

I don't understand why you can't get that through your heads. It's not racist to call an Uncle Tom an Uncle Tom if he's Tomming.

Whether or not it's appropriate for a white person to say it isn't my concern or my problem. Just don't call ME one. Besides, most whites can't tell the difference anyway. It's not an issue that they need to worry about.
Glad to see you finally came out and told us you're a racist.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
He's right.

Besides, Uncle Tom isn't a racist term anyway...especially not in this case. It's appropriate when discussing certain servile blacks. Necessary even.

I don't understand why you can't get that through your heads. It's not racist to call an Uncle Tom an Uncle Tom if he's Tomming.

Whether or not it's appropriate for a white person to say it isn't my concern or my problem. Just don't call ME one. Besides, most whites can't tell the difference anyway. It's not an issue that they need to worry about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Thanks for finally admitting your a racist.

Yes it is a racist term. Who the hell are you to decide what's racist and what's not? Uncle Tom is a term to demean certain BLACK people. That alone makes it racist. It is a race based negative term.

You can defend yourself all you want, but you're no better than that team owner. You just think you are because you choose to except that that term is racist.
Apparently that poster is also OK with racist terms as long as they're not directed at him:

Quote:
Just don't call ME one.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Glad to see you finally came out and told us you're a racist.
Ok...But Clarence Thomas IS an Uncle Tom.

(Shoulder shrug)

Old 05-01-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Apparently that poster is also OK with racist terms as long as they're not directed at him:

Absolutely. I'm sensitive.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh boy...getting the pop corn for this one....I agree with both of you by the way...gonna be very interesting to see what DD says in response...
He'll most likely just declare in his usual smug and aloof manner that anyone who disagrees with him is an idiot because they disagree with him and then move on.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:00 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Ok...But Clarence Thomas IS an Uncle Tom.

(Shoulder shrug)
Clarence Thomas is "blacker" than the fool you voted for twice sitting in the Oval Office.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:02 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Clarence Thomas is "blacker" than the fool you voted for twice sitting in the Oval Office.
Hah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies