Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:17 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
O lies about everything.

I doubt there are 8 million 'enrollees'.

2.5 million is a more believable number.
Well, we do have a credibility problem with Obama so who knows if the numbers are real. Based on past behavior, it's likely they are BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 06:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not sure where they are getting the 2/3rd from because the report itself says

As of April 15, 2014, insurers informed the committee that only 2.45 million had paid their first month’s premium for coverage obtained through the federally facilitated marketplace

If there are 8 million enrollees, thats not 2/3rd... Are they counting medicaid recipiants as "paid"?

Here is the full report, without the popups and that on the story linked above
Committee Learns Who
This is a guess because I honestly no longer know what 'enrolled' or 'signed up' mean.

2/3 of 8 million = roughly 5.4 million. Maybe the 2.4 million who paid their premium cover roughly 3 million family members, bringing the total covered under paid premiums to 5.4 million ?

I've always believed the 8 million referred to the # of individuals who had committed to paying for a policy. Maybe it refers to the total # of people who are covered by the plans

For example, if Obama 'signed up' and included his wife and 2 children in a family plan, is that one or four in the 8 million total enrollment ?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
This is a guess because I honestly no longer know what 'enrolled' or 'signed up' mean.

2/3 of 8 million = roughly 5.4 million. Maybe the 2.4 million who paid their premium cover roughly 3 million family members, bringing the total covered under paid premiums to 5.4 million ?

I've always believed the 8 million referred to the # of individuals who had committed to paying for a policy. Maybe it refers to the total # of people who are covered by the plans

For example, if Obama 'signed up' and included his wife and 2 children in a family plan, is that one or four in the 8 million total enrollment ?
I think they are counting it as 4. I read somewhere that the administration was counting those that lost insurance as plans, and those who "enrolled" as individuals. So in your scenario, Obama would say it was one lost plan and 4 new enrollees. Voila- 3 new insured!

That's the kind of games they are playing with the enrollment numbers. That's why they had to change the Census question just to cover their butts.

And we know he's counting individuals because WaPo called him out for lying about the young people by adding in kids under 18 on their parents plan to make it look better.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:43 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I think they are counting it as 4. I read somewhere that the administration was counting those that lost insurance as plans, and those who "enrolled" as individuals. So in your scenario, Obama would say it was one lost plan and 4 new enrollees. Voila- 3 new insured!

That's the kind of games they are playing with the enrollment numbers. That's why they had to change the Census question just to cover their butts.

And we know he's counting individuals because WaPo called him out for lying about the young people by adding in kids under 18 on their parents plan to make it look better.
Exactly!

We're getting a lot of false and manipulated info from the Obama Admin. That's a telltale sign that it's actually much worse than they're leading us to believe.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Well, we do have a credibility problem with Obama so who knows if the numbers are real. Based on past behavior, it's likely they are BS.
There are way more than 8 million people signed up under ACA compliant plans. Some estimate are that 8 million are enrolled through ehealthinsurance and other companies as well as direct enrollment with the insurance companies. Wellpoint which operates BCBS said 90% of its new customers through the ACA have paid their premiums which contradicts the report from congress.

Major Insurer Reports Better Than Expected Mix of Obamacare Enrollees | Mediaite

Old 05-01-2014, 06:55 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
There are way more than 8 million people signed up under ACA compliant plans. Some estimate are that 8 million are enrolled through ehealthinsurance and other companies as well as direct enrollment with the insurance companies. Wellpoint which operates BCBS said 90% of its new customers through the ACA have paid their premiums which contradicts the report from congress.

Major Insurer Reports Better Than Expected Mix of Obamacare Enrollees | Mediaite

Did you read the article? Nope, you did not....lol...

Old 05-01-2014, 09:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post

If those estimates are correct, then that means out of 30 million americans who didnt have insurance, we are down to 15 million americans and I'd like to applaud the President for a job well done.

But since the CBO says 30 million people will still go without insurance, I'm guessing you are ignoring a few things because I surely trust the CBO more than you..

Old 05-01-2014, 09:14 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
I got as far as a "Republican committee" and tuned it out. LOL. BCBS says 90% are paying and they are making money hand over first on the ACA. Sorry pubs; it's over for you.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I got as far as a "Republican committee" and tuned it out. LOL. BCBS says 90% are paying and they are making money hand over first on the ACA. Sorry pubs; it's over for you.
Just wondering if the sand keeps your head cool?

Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
According to some health experts many of these people that haven't paid yet don't have checking accounts or credit cards so they have to pay with cash. And it's a new bill for them and many are confused and have forgotten to pay their bill.
These experts say that the government needs to do more to help them so they can make their payments.

These people that haven't paid are just helpless and need help so they know when to make their payments and how to make their payments.

Many Obamacare enrollees haven't paid their premiums yet - why not? - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies