Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 06:03 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Whites make more money than blacks for doing the same job and do less time for committing the same crime. You NEVER hear right-wingers complain about that double standard.
I'm pretty sure Kobe makes more than any white guy in the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 06:49 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Uh, did Doc Rivers quit? Until he does, the Clippers already have a black coach, who also happens to be one of the best coaches of all time.

Which is why I call bull$hit on this "article." Why would a player speculate about hiring a coach when he already has one?

Old 05-02-2014, 07:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. Until you can attribute that comment directly to him, you're wasting our time...and yours.

Get his confirmation and get back to us.
I figure that if he can't get to Chris, he might be able to ask his twin brother Cliff.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Uh, did Doc Rivers quit? Until he does, the Clippers already have a black coach, who also happens to be one of the best coaches of all time.

Which is why I call bull$hit on this "article." Why would a player speculate about hiring a coach when he already has one?
This was before Doc was hired.....

RIF

Old 05-02-2014, 07:49 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
I didn't hear anything in Sterlings recording saying he hates black people. Did you?

Sterlings actions and words over the years shows he hates black people.

In sworn testimony, one of Sterling's top property supervisors Sumner Davenport claimed he made racist comments about black people living in one of the buildings he had just acquired:
"That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean. ... And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day."

In a 1983 incident, prospective Clippers coaching candidate Rollie Massimino says that Sterling used the N-word in an impromptu interview at LAX (via Jeff Pearlman):
“Here’s this guy, and he has this blonde bimbo with him, they have a bottle of champagne, they’re tanked. And Don looks at me and he says, ‘I wanna know why you think you can coach these n*****s.’”

Donald Sterling Racist History: A List Of Incidents - Business Insider

Old 05-02-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Sterlings actions and words over the years shows he hates black people.

In sworn testimony, one of Sterling's top property supervisors Sumner Davenport claimed he made racist comments about black people living in one of the buildings he had just acquired:
"That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean. ... And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day."

In a 1983 incident, prospective Clippers coaching candidate Rollie Massimino says that Sterling used the N-word in an impromptu interview at LAX (via Jeff Pearlman):
“Here’s this guy, and he has this blonde bimbo with him, they have a bottle of champagne, they’re tanked. And Don looks at me and he says, ‘I wanna know why you think you can coach these n*****s.’”

Donald Sterling Racist History: A List Of Incidents - Business Insider
Do you think Snoop Dogg hates white people? Based off of his video?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
You're wasting your own time responding here. You have unraveled in the last two days. LOL

Chris Paul could have screamed it from the top of the mountain and you would have applauded him for not "tommin'" it up, right?

Look, he definitely said it. As soon as Doc Rivers was hired...Paul was cemented in and canceled all of his scheduled visits to other teams.

He said it.

Who benefits from making this up?
He said what? Your link had no direct quote from him.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Do you think Snoop Dogg hates white people? Based off of his video?
I have met Snoop Dogg and his crew, they were nice people, never came off as hating white people, but a number of them did come off as being high most of the time, including Snoop Dogg.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have met Snoop Dogg and his crew, they were nice people, never came off as hating white people, but a number of them did come off as being high most of the time, including Snoop Dogg.
Kareem Abdul Jabar said Sterling was a very cordial man, showed him nothing but respect and invited him to his daughters wedding.

So, what are we getting at here?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Kareem Abdul Jabar said Sterling was a very cordial man, showed him nothing but respect and invited him to his daughters wedding.

So, what are we getting at here?
Yep, and Sterling also made racial slurs that everyone has heard him say directly. You find a direct quote from Chris Paul and then people might listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies