Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:48 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The monetary stimulus for the most recent recession was overwhelmingly directed to and accumulated by the rich. The rich were bailed out, made whole and then some, while the middle class was left to pay the debt load. The income of the US wealthy grew at an astonishing rate while incomes of 99% of the population grew by less than 1% over the past several decades. This story is mind-boggling:

Richest Americans see huge growth in income - CBS News

We are headed toward social upheaval and collapse if this continues.

Not sure why liberals don't get it.

Banks were deregulated by Clinton, Gramm, Rubin, Summers and Greenspan, and this before Bush Jr came to office.

Banks played fast and loose with unregulated mortgage-backed derivatives until their house of cards collapsed.

After they brought down the world financial systems, the federal government borrowed money from the people they screwed (you and me) and loaned it to them by the hundreds of billions.

With a fire sale of the assets you and I used to own going on and everyone else unable to borrow, the same financial institutions that screwed us bought up our former assets at dimes on the dollar with our money.

Now we are buying the same assets back at full retail while liberals crow about the loans being paid back early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 03:36 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quote:
Express a moral thought, one that places the basic needs of those less financially secure than you, over the comfort and luxury you would enjoy more of otherwise, and then you can "do it" too.
First back to...
No. First, respond to my challenge.

Quote:
Ever hear of charity work?
Indeed. Lots of good people donate their time and energy to great causes. We do quite a bit ourselves. Now, stop deflecting: Respond to my challenge: Express a moral thought, one that places the basic needs of those less financially secure than you, over the comfort and luxury you would enjoy more of otherwise.

Quote:
Quit stealing.
I don't steal. So basically you'll just continue to lie about people who hold that which you say to moral scrutiny, and continue to insulate yourself from moral repudiation for the perspectives you prefer. Predictable.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:09 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Express a moral thought, one that places the basic needs of those less financially secure than you, over the comfort and luxury you would enjoy more of otherwise, and then you can "do it" too. Perhaps you never learned the basic lessons moral people learned in Kindergarten, but it isn't to late to learn what it means to be caring and compassionate toward those most vulnerable in society. It isn't to late to learn to exhibit basic human decency.
Basic human decency includes not confiscating other peoples' money. Basic human decency includes not having children you have no means to support. Basic human decency includes taking responsibility for one's self. Basic human decency also includes not sitting your moral high horse and passing judgment on others, which is what you're doing right here. Sorry, but you aren't the supreme judge of all that is good. It really doesn't take any great strength of character to tell other people they should work to earn money to support someone else.

Liberals. When it comes to someone's sex life they are crusaders for staying out of other peoples' lives. But when it comes to how someone spends the money they earn, those same crusaders are right there doing exactly what they bash conservatives for doing.

You're not against abortion, so nobody else should be against abortion either. But you're against people making too much money, so nobody should get to be wealthier than you approve of. It's called hypocrisy.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:56 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
why are so many people saying "the people who stopped looking for work". Didn't they just exhaust UC benefits?

How can anyone stop looking for work if they plan to continue eating?
Our country has over 80 different means-tested social welfare programs. Having no job and therefore no income qualifies one for several of them, including SNAP benefits. Fear not. One doesn't have to work to eat.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Basic human decency includes not confiscating other peoples' money.
Taxation is not "confiscating other peoples' money". Money is an artifact of our society's monetary system, and your decision to make use of our society's monetary system comes with responsibilities. Stop trying to hide the craven nature of your corrupt perspective behind nonsensical deceptions intended to evade your responsibility as a member of society.

Quote:
Basic human decency includes not having children you have no means to support.
No it doesn't. Like it or not, human decency includes respect for the right of human beings to have progeny without regard to economic status. You are making very clear that you either don't know what human decency is, or continually work hard to insulate yourself from that understanding with your socio-economic eugenics claptrap.

Quote:
Basic human decency includes taking responsibility for one's self.
Taking responsibility for one's self is not part of human decency. It's a different obligation, which the poor people I know all practice without the kind of uniform success that your despicable presumption assumes.

Stop try to dilute the meaning of a moral concept, human decency, in a petulant attempt to rationalize avoiding having to live up to it.

Quote:
Basic human decency also includes not sitting your moral high horse and passing judgment on others, which is what you're doing right here.
Again you're wrong - both factually and morally, this time. It is a moral person's responsibility to stand up for what's right and oppose the kind self-serving, antisocial, incompassionate claptrap that you advocate.

Quote:
Sorry, but you aren't the supreme judge of all that is good.
Correct, yet my comments are absolutely on target in this case.

Quote:
It really doesn't take any great strength of character to tell other people they should work to earn money to support someone else.
It takes a lack of character to corrupt someone else's words into something easier to argue against, as you did here. I'll state my case again: Your decision to make use of what our society offers comes with responsibilities. Stop trying to hide the craven nature of your corrupt perspective behind nonsensical deceptions intended to evade your responsibility as a member of society.

Quote:
Liberals.
In this case, I'm speaking as a moral person, not just a liberal.

Quote:
When it comes to someone's sex life they are crusaders for staying out of other peoples' lives. But when it comes to how someone spends the money they earn, those same crusaders are right there doing exactly what they bash conservatives for doing.
What's really sad is that you place matters of life and health and the human condition below money and property. What a screwed up sense of moral priority that is.

Quote:
You're not against abortion, so nobody else should be against abortion either.
I have no problem with people deciding that abortion isn't for them. If you don't want someone else to force people who don't want to have abortions to have abortions, then don't presume to obstruct people who do want to have abortions from having them. It's called the ethic of reciprocity, and it is the most universal ethic in human civilization. I recognize that one who denies civic responsibility and opposes a moral definition of human decency would probably be unable to acknowledge the corruption in his or her perspective in this regard.

Quote:
It's called hypocrisy.
Your fabricated fantasy world calls "up" "down" and "black" "white" in a vacuous attempt to defend the indefensibly immoral perspectives you favor. Keep digging yourself deeper. Every time you post you underscore the scurrilous, self-serving nature of that which you advocate for.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:10 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The economy shed hundreds of thousands of jobs every month that year. There's no way you can compare it to 2014. Right-wingers want things to stay 2009-2010 bad forever, but at some point you have to accept that things have improved steadily since then.

Like to see what Nasty Nancy had to say about Bush's 5% unemployment rate back when the participation rate was 66%?

The fact is more than three times as many jobs disappeared in the same month.

Baby boomers retired?

Why weren't new people hired to replace them?

Why is the economy growing at 0.1%?

Excuses, excuses, excuses,...

Old 05-05-2014, 07:56 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It stunning that Conservatives see it, other countries see it but mindless Obama supporters just can't understand they are being lied to. How many times, how many lies is it going to take before liberals understand?

Shocking US jobs data impugns recovery, Fed tapering - Telegraph
Yes ... truly shocking!

2013 Jan. 214,000
2013 Feb -188,000
2013 Mar -412
2013 Apr. 260
2013 May. 250
2013 Jun. 213
2013 Jul -129
2013 Aug -258
2013 Sep.. 38
2013 Oct -848
2013 Nov. 659
2013 Dec -347

2014 Jan. 523
2014 Feb. 264
2014 Mar. 503

2014 Apr -806

Some months this number goes down ....

And some months the number goes up ....

Where were the news reports back in Jan, Feb and Mar 2014?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:06 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
It's called hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy is a basic cornerstone of the left's philosophy. One of the three legs holding up their stool--the three being hypocrisy, illogic, and deception.

There are hundreds, even thousands, of examples of their glaring hypocrisy monthly; yet if you point them out, all you get is either hand waving, diversion, a "well what about XXXX?", a violent lashing out, or a flat-out inability to recognize their hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is their lifestyle, so it is no surprise that they are either desensitized to the point of having an inability to recognize hypocrisy or well-trained in the art of diversion, concealment, and excuse making.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
No. First, respond to my challenge.
As much as you control freaks would like to, you don't make the rules for me little fella

Back to the point where I called you out for being a hypocrite. Deflect all you like but the you can do it while others can't fits you perfectly.

Quote:
Indeed. Lots of good people donate their time and energy to great causes. We do quite a bit ourselves.
I doubt it. Your posts are full of "holes" so why believe you now?

Quote:
Now, stop deflecting:
I haven't deflected once. That is your predictable game plan

Quote:
Respond to my challenge: Express a moral thought, one that places the basic needs of those less financially secure than you, over the comfort and luxury you would enjoy more of otherwise.
Express a moral thought? How would you know what a moral thought is? I already have when I called you out for being a hypocrite.

You think it's okay to steal from me to give to others so how would you know what moral is? All because YOU have decided what I can or cannot live without? You got called out for being a hypocrite and now YOU want to make decisions for me on my finances. You progressives will stop at nothing in order to take peoples money.
Quote:
I don't steal.
Yes you do. You outright support government theft of the peoples money. Although not all the time. Just for your causes.

Quote:
So basically you'll just continue to lie about people who hold that which you say to moral scrutiny, and continue to insulate yourself from moral repudiation for the perspectives you prefer. Predictable.
The only one lying here is you. You have no problem with government stealing peoples money for their causes. Only someone who has been in a coma for hundreds of years would think that government is moral. Do I need to remind you of all the immoral things government has done? Predictably you'll just ignore the facts anyway.

Your post is a joke. Deflecting because I called you out for being a hypocrite.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Our country has over 80 different means-tested social welfare programs. Having no job and therefore no income qualifies one for several of them, including SNAP benefits. Fear not. One doesn't have to work to eat.
Not true, I knew a guy here in PA who was unemployed and had no income without kids and was only eligible for foodstamps. Nothing else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies