Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 01:19 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,610 times

Advertisements

Don't you want the poor struggling people get the welfare benefits they need to survive?

While you drive your Mercedes Benz and watch your 401k reach the million mark, people are on the streets struggling every day and you can help them out but to administrate each person helping out needs to be done on a large economy of scale

So best way I can think of is we pay a little bit more every April 15th (once a year is not a lot to ask) so every struggling day benefits can be redistributed to starving jobless folks who have kids to support and need to eat and sleep.

Liberals are ok with this but Conservative Republicans aren't. Why not ?

Old 05-02-2014, 01:19 PM

334 posts, read 438,791 times
I'm conservative social democrat

Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 PM

There's people in poverty in America working part-time bar-tending, living out of tractor trailers, washing windows, trying to live the American dream.

They tried and they just need a helping hand. Their kids need food on the table...child care so they can work to pay the bills.

Often they have to beg and they can't get credit cards and they are stressed out so the little they got they need a few smokes

Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times
How about if I'm not a Conservative Republican, but I want a MB and a million in my 401K. What do I have to do? Kick a few homeless people? Kill a Polar Bear?

Old 05-02-2014, 01:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Don't you want the poor struggling people get the welfare benefits they need to survive?

While you drive your Mercedes Benz and watch your 401k reach the million mark, people are on the streets struggling every day and you can help them out but to administrate each person helping out needs to be done on a large economy of scale

So best way I can think of is we pay a little bit more every April 15th (once a year is not a lot to ask) so every struggling day benefits can be redistributed to starving jobless folks who have kids to support and need to eat and sleep.

Why didn't you ask the question about Mercedes drivers or millionaires? Neither one makes you a republican and being a republican doesn't make you either one.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:

Nice try but not too bright and certainly not clever. You ask a clear, unambiguous question, go immediately into a question framed by your opinion then follow it with several qualifiers to lead people toward the questions you really want to ask which have nothing to do with party affiliation or political bent. You then follow those with personal opinions regarding both of those combined.

Again, nice try but decidedly no cigar!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 05-02-2014 at 01:48 PM..

Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 PM

Republicans are more likely the rural wealthy majority

Democrats are more likely the lower middle class blue collar urban

Old 05-02-2014, 01:31 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Quote:

WTF do you mean once a year is not a lot to ask? Money is being taken from us each hour/day/week we work.

I am a fiscal conservative because your problems are not my problems and your choices should not negatively affect me.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:33 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Republicans are more likely the rural wealthy majority
Who?

Old 05-02-2014, 01:36 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,475 times
Yes simply put.. As much as many won't want to hear this.. In general far right Republicans are more selfish than moderates and Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies