Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Actually people become more liberal as they age.

I didn't.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 09:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:

Conservatism is a brand of brainwashing. As one becomes more mature they learn to think for themselves.
Sorry, not me.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's guilt by association. The same thing that ushered in Obama, will usher out the Dems. The new found power of the independent thinker and voter should see to it.
If you say so.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:

Conservatism is a brand of brainwashing. As one becomes more mature they learn to think for themselves.
Is that why the left is a non stop walking talking point of hate?
Quote:
I think you will find most upper-income folks accept that higher tax burdens are necessary for a developed society. The ones that don't are either greedy or still believe in the primitive conservative logic that taxation is supposed to "reward" and "punish" individuals based on life choices.
Congragulations, I'll never be able to take you seriously after posting this, especially considering the fact you jumped from "old people" to upper income folks, as if their the same group..

Please tell me how we tax those who make poor life choices to have children they cant afford?

Old 05-06-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:

all you need to do is read that other poster here thats a walking talking billboard of hate for conservative old people tea partiers to realize how ridiculous your statement was..

Old 05-06-2014, 11:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
lolol, I became more conservative when I grew up. I understand that no one but me cares about me and my family as much as me. And government certainly doesn't give a damn. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a damn naive fool.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lolol, I became more conservative when I grew up. I understand that no one but me cares about me and my family as much as me. And government certainly doesn't give a damn. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a damn naive fool.
Someone needs to tell borrokid to stop hating on those senior conservative tea partiers then.. Who know they were liberal..

Old 05-07-2014, 01:22 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
About some things, yes. About others, no. I think it is more that as you age you become less black and white in your thinking and there is a tendency to move towards the middle.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:22 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
About some things, yes. About others, no. I think it is more that as you age you become less black and white in your thinking and there is a tendency to move towards the middle.
Actually, I think as you age you tend to be more conservative. As the saying goes, "if you are young and not a liberal you have no heart". "If you are old and not a conservative you have no brain".

Old 05-07-2014, 10:25 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
all you need to do is read that other poster here thats a walking talking billboard of hate for conservative old people tea partiers to realize how ridiculous your statement was..
Especially since most are white. I think it has more to do with race than anything else. The person spoken of in post #67 just can't wait for old white, conservative people to die off and has stated as such in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies