Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:24 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,649,156 times

Advertisements

Let's say the average age of a four year university graduate is about 21 years old. When USA sent troops into Iraq, those students would have been 10 years old. How many 10 year old children pay close attention to politics? This was about anti-Republican sentiment among public school teachers and college professors and these sponges absorbed their indoctrination well.

At the time of the invasion of Iraq, Ms Rice was Secretary of State, not National Defense. That person at the time was Colin Powell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 05:39 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,881 times
Condi Rice is a credit to all Americans......certainly to black America. Whether you agree with her politics is beside the point. She is 100% class, hard work and intelligence. Shame on Rutgers. Shame.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:42 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I extremely disappointed that these faculty members found the energy to object to Ms. Rice rather than A Snookie.
I agree. Condoleezza would have had much to say that would be far more meaningful, I'm sure. They couldn't have found a better person.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:44 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,764 times
Snooki over Condosleeza Rice anyday.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Rice was all set to cash in for 35K to give this speech at Rutgers. That was until

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2014/05/03-0
None of the MSM pointed out that it was only a very small minority of students that protested, along with a few faculty. They want you to believe that the protests were overwhelming.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:55 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,172,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
She is brilliant and has led a very interesting life, including the civil rights era. Bravo for Ms. Rice for choosing not to lower herself to the protestors mentality. Shame on Rutgers. Having Snooki as a speaker does not speak well for the quality of education at Rutgers.

The Rutgers students would rather look down their noses at a drunken tramp from a reality show then have to look up to such a brilliant BLACK woman as Condi Rice. They are racists who are embarrrassed because they will never accomplish what she has and were afraid to hear her speak. Talk about intolerance.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:03 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
I agree with most of the opinions on Rutgers missing out by rejecting Rice.

Why is this not branded as racism like all other instances where a black person is denied?

It's interesting to me that the tone of the discussion has been absent of race. Is that because she leans right and there would be no political benefit to the left to claim racism in this case?

Old 05-07-2014, 06:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Both women should have been welcome and the students should have listened to both. They represent completely different worlds and what they may have said would, at least, been interesting.

I completely disagree with and abhor, Ms. Rice's policies, as the cause untold death and destruction for the benefit of International Petroleum and their investors. The conquest of Iran was nothing but grand theft on an international scale. I would like to know how anyone could condone creating a war to profit a few while killing hundreds of thousands of people.

I am a emotionally hardened Vietnam war veteran but the mass slaughter of the Bush Regime fits my definition of a War crime and Ms. Rice shares responsibility for the outrage.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Let's say the average age of a four year university graduate is about 21 years old. When USA sent troops into Iraq, those students would have been 10 years old. How many 10 year old children pay close attention to politics? This was about anti-Republican sentiment among public school teachers and college professors and these sponges absorbed their indoctrination well.

At the time of the invasion of Iraq, Ms Rice was Secretary of State, not National Defense. That person at the time was Colin Powell.
I suspect most of those 21 year old children don't pay any attention to politics either. They go along with whatever is "trendy". I would hope these uninformed children would have the same reaction to Hillary Clinton. Who of course was SS when we continued to waste lives in Afghanistan, as well as wage yet another war on an innocent country. Otherwise...I'd have to think they are just ignorant racists.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree with most of the opinions on Rutgers missing out by rejecting Rice.

Why is this not branded as racism like all other instances where a black person is denied?

It's interesting to me that the tone of the discussion has been absent of race. Is that because she leans right and there would be no political benefit to the left to claim racism in this case?

No, I do not believe it had anything to do with Race, more than Ignorance and Politics. There have been Black Commencement speakers in the past. This had to do with Politics pure and simple. As a Liberal I am completely disgusted that a institution would take this approach after allowing someone who wouldn't know where Iraq is located to speak to graduates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies