Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 09:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The planet experienced the Little Ice-Age for 300 years, and the planet has warmed up about one degree to get us out of it... NO ONE DISPUTES THIS!!!

Do you think we are supposed to still be living in the Little Ice-Age????

Were we supposed to stop warming out of the Little Ice-Age after one degree? Are we not supposed to warm up any more? Is our current world climate temp supposed to remain frozen in time to the year you or Al Gore were born?

Are we supposed to suspend all cold snaps, heat waves, hurricanes, typhoons, tornadoes and blizzards, from now until the end of time.
Where am i suggesting the climate is static. ? Going by what most scientists are saying the climate is warming up abnormally due to mans activities on the Earth, i have no idea how your little 300 year ice age fits into the equation or why you would suggest we have to suspend weather related phenomena to give credibility to what the scientific community is saying..
I'm not understanding the logic/point you are trying to put forward in your post.
If you dispute the findings of the world science community take it up with them, as i'm not a scientist i can only give what i consider logical opinion based on a preponderance of the data they are reporting.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:01 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
The real shame of it is that AGW is too complicated to explain to complete idiots, so it leaves a lot of room for the Koch brothers and the Heartland Institute to concoct ridiculous misinterpretations to convince right-wingers it's a conspiracy to take their precious moneys.

They can't call it global warming because idiots will go outside and say 'hey it's not that hot today, the entire planet couldn't possibly be warmer! STUPID!!'. They can't call it cllmate change because idiots will go 'well duhhhhhhh... yes, there are four seasons and weather changes! STUPID!'.

This is the result of people desperately needing to market a complex idea to a dumbed-down population who can't hear the actual scientists over the Rush Limbaughs, Alex Joneses and denialist minority, most of whom are either bribed by the Kochs or have absolutely no credentials whatsoever... and who succeed by being louder, more aggressive and more obnoxious than everyone else, appealing to the populist-minded idiots who use terms like 'common sense' and 'hardworking taxpayers'.

And of course it's going to be resisted because of people like OP who think they should be able to do whatever they want because there's no way they could ever possibly be a part of something destructive, because they're such amazing people who are so smart they don't even need to read an actual book or look into their sources in order to have the 'right' idea.
This is such a crock of you know what!
It's not because it is a "complex issue" that the great unwashed can't understand. It's because the global warming camp stuck their own foot in their mouth by saying the "Earth has a fever" or "Snowfall will soon be a rare occurrence". When it became clear that much of their earlier predictions of the results of a warming planet were flat out wrong, they call it Climate Change and blame ANY weather event on it. Can't account for the lack of warming? Now it must be heat trapped in the ocean.
No, it is YOUR side of the issue that is lacking credibility here.
I'm really sick of this elitist, condescending attitude that people are too stupid to understand this, that they get their information from right wing talking heads or must have stock in Exxon. I think people are CORRECTLY skeptical.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:21 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Global Warming or Climate Change is a global scam perpetrated on "certain" countries ... and that's the smoking gun in this argument. Only "certain" countries are experiencing severe weather that is being blamed in Climate Change. Why is that? Why are all of these "certain" countries share common global interests and agendas? Another smoking gun is the proposed "FIX" for Climate Change. The so called leading Climate Scientists all agree that Solar Radiation Management (SRM) is the quick fix for the near term severe weather problem. One must ask "what is SRM?". SRM is the release of nano particles in the atmosphere by aircraft to form artificial clouds that will block a portion of the sun ... similar to what a volcano does when it releases tons of ash into the atmosphere. Has anyone seen aircraft spraying particles into the atmosphere that transforms into artificial clouds? I have. I see it almost every day ... some days more than others. I see a clear blue sky in the morning and then I see aircraft spraying crap ... back and forth ... and before long the sky is full of lines that are expanding and transforming into clouds and blocking the sun. This is Solar Radiation Management (SRM) and it is happening not only in the USA but all Western countries ... the same western countries that are pushing Global Warming (Climate Change).

Old 05-07-2014, 10:30 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Were these aircraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Global Warming or Climate Change is a global scam perpetrated on "certain" countries ... and that's the smoking gun in this argument. Only "certain" countries are experiencing severe weather that is being blamed in Climate Change. Why is that? Why are all of these "certain" countries share common global interests and agendas? Another smoking gun is the proposed "FIX" for Climate Change. The so called leading Climate Scientists all agree that Solar Radiation Management (SRM) is the quick fix for the near term severe weather problem. One must ask "what is SRM?". SRM is the release of nano particles in the atmosphere by aircraft to form artificial clouds that will block a portion of the sun ... similar to what a volcano does when it releases tons of ash into the atmosphere. Has anyone seen aircraft spraying particles into the atmosphere that transforms into artificial clouds? I have. I see it almost every day ... some days more than others. I see a clear blue sky in the morning and then I see aircraft spraying crap ... back and forth ... and before long the sky is full of lines that are expanding and transforming into clouds and blocking the sun. This is Solar Radiation Management (SRM) and it is happening not only in the USA but all Western countries ... the same western countries that are pushing Global Warming (Climate Change).
Were these aircraft black helicopters that follow you around?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Were these aircraft

I believe Don9 is from Los Angeles. Given their drought situation, I would not be vastly surprised if some type of 'seeding' or such is being tried.

United States Drought Monitor > Home > State Drought Monitor

Old 05-07-2014, 11:02 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
What if you did even the smallest amount of research on the subject?
I have done a small amount of research on the subject.
I have seen graphs that show that CO2 levels FOLLOW warming.
I have seen graphs that show that CO2 levels precede warming.
I have seen graphs that show that warming has pretty much stopped over the last 18 years.
I have seen graphs that show that the United States has just had the coldest, snowiest winter in recorded history, or at least in the top five.
I have read statements by supposedly knowledgeable people that the coldest, snowiest winter in history for the United States means nothing, it is just "local weather", but the drought across Australia proves that the globe is warming.
I have noted that in spite of the constant wailing and gnashing of teeth over the catastrophic effects of whatever buzz word is in vogue this week (global warming, climate change, climate dysfunction, CAGW, etc.) there are still few if any projects being done or considered to alleviate the inevitable consequences of the "catastrophic warming and sea level rise".
I have also noted that NONE of the dire predictions have come to pass.
Yet.
Still, so many questions and so few definitive answers!

Old 05-07-2014, 11:44 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
In other news, it has been somewhere around 3100 days since the last time a Major Hurricane has hit the USA. that is about 900 days longer than the previous record holder.... the year 1900....

Exactly where is that global warming bad weather at?

Old 05-07-2014, 11:52 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Were these aircraft
All you have to do is look up.

Here is a picture of SRM geoengineering in action.
Global Climate Dysfunction ?-ct.jpg

It came from this video of Jeff Goodell a Climate Change activist working with leading Climate Scientists and governments agencies pushing Climate Change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5FKgtDNXk

Old 05-07-2014, 12:12 PM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
My bad, its not Global Climate Dysfunction, its Global Climate Deception.
Radio Ground Zero's Clyde Lewis eviscerated Obama and the global warmer fakers last night. If the left has lost Portland Oregon, can Seattle and San Francisco be far behind?

Old 05-07-2014, 12:15 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have done a small amount of research on the subject.
I have seen graphs that show that CO2 levels FOLLOW warming.
I have seen graphs that show that CO2 levels precede warming.
I have seen graphs that show that warming has pretty much stopped over the last 18 years.
I have seen graphs that show that the United States has just had the coldest, snowiest winter in recorded history, or at least in the top five.
I have read statements by supposedly knowledgeable people that the coldest, snowiest winter in history for the United States means nothing, it is just "local weather", but the drought across Australia proves that the globe is warming.
I have noted that in spite of the constant wailing and gnashing of teeth over the catastrophic effects of whatever buzz word is in vogue this week (global warming, climate change, climate dysfunction, CAGW, etc.) there are still few if any projects being done or considered to alleviate the inevitable consequences of the "catastrophic warming and sea level rise".
I have also noted that NONE of the dire predictions have come to pass.
Yet.
Still, so many questions and so few definitive answers!
You need to check the sources of these graphs.

The 18 years graph chooses that time frame as a starting point because 1998 was an El Nino year, which means the temperature is going to be higher than normal... so of course the non El Nino years that follow are going to seem cooler by comparison.

Personally, I have yet to find a single denialist article, book or graph that doesn't trace back to a PR firm, or the oil and gas industry. You have people with degrees in political science, English majors, lawyers, spin doctors, people who worked on the campaign to convince people tobacco wasn't bad for them, etc... all of these people are working on the denialist movement. They appeal to people through oil-funded grassroots organizations, 'charities' (ie: propaganda machines with tax breaks), conspiracy theories, etc. They get people who used to work for NASA in unrelated fields to do amateur studies and then use their NASA experience to lend them an air of legitimacy. They get petroleum geoscientists who actually work directly for the oil sands in Alberta to state their opinions on global warming in company surveys and publish the results in whatever non-climate-science related journal will stoop low enough to publish it-- omit the 'petroleum' part of their job description and pass them off as altruistic, objective sources.

It is an extremely aggressive and manipulative collection of people, but NONE of it is legitimate science.

And the coldest, snowiest winter in the US doesn't mean 'nothing'-- I highly doubt that anyone except maybe some random commenter on a board like this one would actually say that-- more likely, you're exaggerating.

And the dire predictions ARE coming to pass... food prices have gone up, storms have become stronger, water levels are rising, ice caps are melting, and the Darfur conflict is triggered by desertification. Just because you personally live in the first world where everything is easy doesn't mean the entire world is exactly like what you see every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies