Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do burglars deserve death?
Yes 156 59.77%
No 105 40.23%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 12:15 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,524,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Look at the some of the comments they are flippant.
Of course they're flippant. How else do you respond to a purblind fool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 12:28 PM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,673,481 times
And the childish name-calling begins in earnest.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:41 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,077,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
How else are folks who are intent on ignoring human decency going to respond to calls for them to act with human decency? They have to shrug it off because otherwise they'd have to bring themselves to face the indefensible nature of what they want to do.
Why dont you respond to questions? You make comments but you can't defend your position by answering questions. Go back and look at all the questions you have avoided. You are not debating. It's easy to come on CD and be a keyboard commando, but defending your opinion is quite different.
Do you believe it is human nature to possess the instinct of self preservation? Your opinions seem to indicate that you think that somehow defending your self, weather you are a man, a single woman, a handicapped person, or elderly person is somehow being the aggressor.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:45 PM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
How else are folks who are intent on ignoring human decency going to respond to calls for them to act with human decency? They have to shrug it off because otherwise they'd have to bring themselves to face the indefensible nature of what they want to do.
How can thief have human decency?

They would not be a thief if they did, right?

Want to do? Do tell, what do we "want" to do?

Old 02-24-2015, 12:54 PM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
And the childish name-calling begins in earnest.
As normal, you are about 499 posts short for name calling to begin...

Old 02-24-2015, 06:02 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,994,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Which is why you plant a kitchen knife on them.
Which is exactly what a police officer told me to do before the Castle Doctrine went into effect in Ohio.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I still think a lot of folks here talk tough about killing someone without realizing the consequences afterwards if found out to be an unarmed minor.
An unarmed minor is quite capable of beating me to death, raping me, choking the life out of me.....therefore, they don't get a pass.....and the law in Ohio agrees with me.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:

...........Because you are. That's really the point. That's why I called the excuses "cop-outs". You are under a moral obligation to take all steps practicable to ensure that you only kill to prevent injury or death.........
And what, exactly, are those steps?

Let's see......I have security lights, my house is locked up tight as a drum, I have a dog and signs warning people of that fact.......those are all steps that let an intruder know they are not welcome.

Will I lock myself in a room? Depends where I am when they break in. If they enter that room, I will shoot.

Will I call out and warn them I am armed and have called 911? Depends where they are. On the other side of a door? Yes. Ten feet away from me? No.

Do I care if they have a weapon? No. I am a petite 61 year old woman who could easily be overpowered and killed by an unarmed intruder, even a teenager.

These are not cop outs.....they are facts.

There is nothing immoral about killing an intruder because I do not want to bet my life they will not harm me. They do not get the benefit of a doubt. They have already proven themselves to be a CRIMINAL by breaking into my home.....not the kind of person I am willing to trust with my life.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:57 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,867,795 times
Angry Are we still talking about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And what, exactly, are those steps?

Let's see......I have security lights, my house is locked up tight as a drum, I have a dog and signs warning people of that fact.......those are all steps that let an intruder know they are not welcome.

Will I lock myself in a room? Depends where I am when they break in. If they enter that room, I will shoot.

Will I call out and warn them I am armed and have called 911? Depends where they are. On the other side of a door? Yes. Ten feet away from me? No.

Do I care if they have a weapon? No. I am a petite 61 year old woman who could easily be overpowered and killed by an unarmed intruder, even a teenager.

These are not cop outs.....they are facts.

There is nothing immoral about killing an intruder because I do not want to bet my life they will not harm me. They do not get the benefit of a doubt. They have already proven themselves to be a CRIMINAL by breaking into my home.....not the kind of person I am willing to trust with my life.
Plus we as victims do not know the intent of the criminal and many B &E are done by gangs who thrive to be Professional Thugs. Plus if they know a area is pro-gun it likely they will move to a Liberal hood where the doors are held wide open by some Liberal Home owner.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,837,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As normal, you are about 499 posts short for name calling to begin...
He thinks it is not name calling if you use three syllable words. Half his posts are little more than name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies