Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 07:26 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
In most of the county, yes, a business absolutely can fire a homosexual for the simple reason that he or she is a homosexual.

It is, however, illegal everywhere in the US to fire a person because he or she is a Christian.
But let a Christian Health Director state what the Bible states about homosexuality and well they find themselves suspended by the government. This must be what Obama ment by having a fundamentally reshaped America.

Pasadena Official in Trouble for Anti-Gay Remarks, Says Disney Is a 'Dark Empire' of Witchcraft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 07:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
ROTFLMAO!! From your link...

The city of Pasadena placed its health director Eric Walsh on leave this week, because it turns out that he apparently thinks DisneyLand is a "dark empire" of witchcraft, that the scientific theory of evolution is a satanic religion, and that homosexuality is a sin.
Some health director. You just know that he believes in scientific principles...like calling schizophrenia demonic possession.

Too funny!

Old 05-10-2014, 08:37 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
But let a Christian Health Director state what the Bible states about homosexuality and well they find themselves suspended by the government. This must be what Obama ment by having a fundamentally reshaped America.

Pasadena Official in Trouble for Anti-Gay Remarks, Says Disney Is a 'Dark Empire' of Witchcraft
No, let a Health Director make a statement that indicates he's living in cuckoo-land and he gets suspended. "Dark Empire of Witchcraft", indeed.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:15 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
" I have to swear allegiance to your deity when I say the pledge."
If you are talking about the Pledge of Allegiance, NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO!
YOU have the absolute freedom to leave the phrase "under God" out when YOU say the Pledge. YOU have the absolute freedom to NOT EVEN SAY THE PLEDGE AT ALL, EVER, if YOU so desire!
YOU don't even have to swear on the Bible in a court of law if you don't want to! In fact, technically it just might be perjury if you did so, since you don't believe in the Bible or God anyway!

Old 05-10-2014, 09:16 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
" I have to swear allegiance to your deity when I say the pledge."
If you are talking about the Pledge of Allegiance, NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO!
YOU have the absolute freedom to leave the phrase "under God" out when YOU say the Pledge. YOU have the absolute freedom to NOT EVEN SAY THE PLEDGE AT ALL, EVER, if YOU so desire!
YOU don't even have to swear on the Bible in a court of law if you don't want to! In fact, technically it just might be perjury if you did so, since you don't believe in the Bible or God anyway!
How are things out there in left field?

Old 05-10-2014, 10:41 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I'm trying to get this whole things straight. Conservative Christians have spent decades doing everything in their power to dehumanize gay people and have also done everything in their power to make sure that gays are unable to achieve political equality. But now that the tables have turned, they're screaming bloody murder and claiming that people are not tolerant of them?? It's like a bully on a playground that finally got their nose punched and screams to the principal that it's the other kid who started the fight. There is so much irony here that I don't even know where to start.
Exactly, this is payback time & we're gonna get everyone of those damn Christians!! Level headed people like you & I aren't going to take the high road or lead by example, we're Progressives & we're going to exact revenge against anyone who doesn't think like us. High five!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:46 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I love how that narrative - and by narrative, I mean brazen lie - has gained steam. Your side could have tried offering "civil unions" in something resembling good faith, but you didn't. The state amendments against gay marriage went out of their way to make sure any sort of civil union stayed good and banned, as well.

The LGBT side and their supporters went for broke, and it paid off. Don't try to pretend that your side would have enthusiastically embraced civil unions, when your actions make it clear that the opposite is the case.

When you've lost your queen and both rooks, it's too late to offer remis. Surrender the game, leave the table or suffer through the endplay.

"The LGBT side and their supporters went for broke, and it paid off. Don't try to pretend that your side would have enthusiastically embraced civil unions, when your actions make it clear that the opposite is the case."

Speaking of narratives!

"Went for broke"?

Your side never went for anything else.

Talk about a rewrite!

No Dane_in_LA, what would have been an easy compromise was discussed and rejected by same-sex marriage advocates because the stated goal has always been a lie.And don't get me wrong, I understand that being rejected and mocked for something that cannot be readily changed is a very difficult way to go through life, but constructing a huge Orwellian government sanctioned ruse to attempt to force mainstream acceptance of something that in the end cannot ever be normalized just sets homosexuals up for more disappointment.

Were this truly about domestic partnerships for homosexuals, the smart approach would have been the less destructive civil unions that would have shown a respect for the opinions of others while still providing equal legal benefits and structure.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:48 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's also the same people who say that private businesses should have free reign on who is allowed to be employed there and who can patronize their establishment. But, now that an employer has exercised their right to fire someone because of remarks they made, suddenly it's "no employers shouldn't be able to do that". Well, which is it? Either employers have indiscriminate rights to control their employees or don't they? Sheesh! Reminds me of all the arguments these idiots make about "unconstitutional" parts of the Constitution and the like, LOL. They are not consistent
This is such a good point and really apples to apples. People saying that the employer didn't choose to fire the employee, but rather were forced to due to a massive blackmail/shakedown racket are so off base.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:29 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Huh It has nothing to do with Christianity, it has to do with HGTV making a business decision. I would not have fired them, but I respect private company's right to hire and fire anyone they want and for any reason.

How about inviting them (or not) to a basketball game for any reason?

Would that also be a "business decision"?

Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
It's a commercial enterprise and gays/gay allies make up a significant chunk of their viewer base. Why would they wish to hire a loose cannon who takes joy in offending the viewers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies