Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 10:48 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And you FAILED in your attempt to prove the point that ALL cops are bad because of the actions of a few.
How many cops does it take to set you up or assault you?

You can wave your pom poms around all you want but its a lost cause. People can see through the BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 AM

924 posts, read 666,941 times
Obviously not all cops are bad, but that's not the point. It doesn't take every single cop in the country to **** me over, does it?

Not all citizens are bad either, but I bet if I run into enough of the bad ones I'm gonna start being a little suspicious.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:25 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I always argue that vast generalizations make poor arguments but the more I've thought about this........ I am sure there are exceptions but it seems to me that the overwhelming vast majority would not turn in another cop that they knew violated someone's rights.

Does that make them a bad cop? Yeah, arguably so.
"I am sure there are exceptions but it seems to me that the overwhelming vast majority would not turn in another cop that they knew violated someone's rights." If you support your theory, back it up

"It seems to me" is pure conjecture based on NOTHING. Remember the media generally ONLY report BAD stories. Seldom when people do something good does it get any media coverage.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:27 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
How many cops does it take to set you up or assault you?

You can wave your pom poms around all you want but its a lost cause. People can see through the BS.
How many times have YOU been set up and assaulted?

"You can wave your pom poms around all you want but its a lost cause. People can see through the BS" Right back at you. You hate cops. That is plain and simple.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:30 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
"I am sure there are exceptions but it seems to me that the overwhelming vast majority would not turn in another cop that they knew violated someone's rights." If you support your theory, back it up

"It seems to me" is pure conjecture based on NOTHING. Remember the media generally ONLY report BAD stories. Seldom when people do something good does it get any media coverage.
It is conjecture which is why I said "seems to me". We have many examples of cops doing things that citizens would get arrested for. Are any of them arrested by their fellow cops?

When something is brought to our attention that isn't right who is bringing it to our attention? Fellow police officers? If so I certainly do not see it.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:35 PM

924 posts, read 666,941 times
Police officers commit violent crime every day in this country with impunity.

At least if a citizen criminal messes with me, I have legal avenues for retribution. The entire system is set up to protect the police, and save face for the system.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:37 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Police officers commit violent crime every day in this country with impunity.

At least if a citizen criminal messes with me, I have legal avenues for retribution. The entire system is set up to protect the police, and save face for the system.
I've beat them twice in court.

To be fair, one was a bad cop and one was a bad prosecutor.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:

Perhaps it gets all the media coverage it deserves. The overwhelming majority of COPs are bad, and therefore get the overwhelming majority of the media coverage. The tiny minority of good COPs get only a tiny minority of the media coverage.

This is why maybe once per year, if even then, you will see positive media coverage of the police, while the remainder of the year will be nothing but negative media coverage of the police.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:22 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
How many times have YOU been set up and assaulted?

"You can wave your pom poms around all you want but its a lost cause. People can see through the BS" Right back at you. You hate cops. That is plain and simple.
Set up once and assaulted once.

I know many other personal horror stories as well.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:49 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
ROFLMAO! I didn't attempt to prove that point! I don't have too. You punks prove it all by yourselves. There are literally hundreds of cases yearly that prove it. Bad cops make the other 5% look bad too! The way that cops cover for each other, lie for each other, etc is again proof enough. The innocent Americans that are murdered by cops every year is proof enough. People's pets that are murdered by cops every year, even when they don't pose a threat, is proof enough! In fact, there is no proof to prove otherwise, all your whining notwithstanding.

Quote:
And you FAILED in your attempt to prove the point that ALL cops are bad because of the actions of a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies