Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 04:25 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Surely you are mistaken. Right here on C-D we have it on excellent authority that the "government" successfully orchestrated a massive conspiracy to murder four Americans in Benghazi, and successfully keep it hidden from hordes of international media, the Senate Intelligence Committee and Darrell Issa!
And failed to keep it a secret, proving my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 04:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Do you think "government" creates problems in order to pretend to "solve" them?
No.

[too complicated]

Old 05-09-2014, 04:28 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And failed to keep it a secret, proving my point.
Well, of course, when you're up against CD's RWNJs, no one stands a chance …

Old 05-09-2014, 04:29 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Do you think government (federal, state, local) creates problems in order to pretend to "solve" them (by creating new bureaucracies, infringing on Constitutional rights, etc.)? If so, please give examples.
Absolutely, although I'm not certain government creates problems in order to solve them. Instead, government is the problem .... and, as most of us have noticed, they solve nothing!

In their inability to get beyond polarized inefficiency, politicians tend to ignore the real problems (economy, unemployment, deficit spending, immigration, waste, fraud and abuse). Whenever these issues are raised, politicians simply direct our attention to the pretense of 'solving' things like 'global warming,' environmental studies/research', political 'red herrings.'

The public cooperates in this charade by refusing engage in actual critical thinking, or to remember any major issue or scandal for more than about ten minutes.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:32 PM

88,966 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Do you think "government" creates problems in order to pretend "solve" them?
Yes.

The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy : Foundation for Economic Education

Old 05-09-2014, 04:38 PM

295 posts, read 358,798 times
Yes. Even here in Texas, I see voter id laws, the merry christmas bill and the recent requirements for ER proximity to abortion clinics as solutions in search of a problem.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:48 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
I think the government more uses uncontrollable events as justification/cover to further push governments true agenda, to increase the power of government. Both parties do this and the American people just do not care anymore.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 228 times
Lightbulb US Gov creates the problems it pretends to solve.

Absolutely. Remember this; the US government corporation is made up of the same people who killed the Aboriginal Americans and Native Americans and are still doing it today. Europeans gave coats to the Aboriginals and those Europeans knew that those coats contained smallpox in which the Aboriginals had no immunity to. Many died from pox. There are several more examples but time would fail me to speak of it.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:14 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
My honest answer is that I'm not sure...probably incompetence most of the time, but likely a few where it's intentional. If it is an accident, it's very convenient for them.

It's just crazy...poverty was actually going down until the government stepped in with programs and the "war on poverty", and now they've created this permanent underclass that's dependent on them and demands that the programs keep going.

The war on drugs is another that's done the opposite of it's stated purpose, and I really do think they knew what they were doing on that one. It's great for revenue and justifies a lot more hiring and funding law enforcement...gives them more power to work with too.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:23 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Murderous psychopaths committing awful acts against their fellow citizens. Then these same nuts get a plea-bargain, and are out in a couple of years.......THAT is by design, and done to make the filthy and corrupt Government even more powerful.

You don't think Governments are power-hungry and will do almost anything to gain more and MOARE power........................LMFAO at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies