Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 11:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, I've never seen a 7th round draft choice get this much media attention. But there's no gay agenda right libs? He's a 7th round draft pick, he'll probably end up getting cut and five years from now nobody won't even remember this dudes name.
As are most seventh round picks. He is gay though so the gay army and friendly media will make it out that he was cut because he is gay. Hey I hope the kid goes in and makes it. Seems like a good kid. In the NFL it's about getting it done not who you sleep with though. He isn't fast enough IMO. We shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 11:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I have a daughter. And I will teach her to be very wary around any man who cries because it can only show one of two things - that they're weak and unstable or trying to manipulate others. We're raising a generation of weak and overly sensitive crybabies.

So tell us about these sissies you're raising...
OK. I taught my son that it's healthy to express emotion. I told him not to swallow all the toxic rage and pain and tamp it down until it festers and puts out poison and consumes him.
I raised an absolutely wonderful human being. Great kid.
Yes, sometimes he cries. I'm glad he can.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
People get too caught up in meaningless combine results. Richard Sherman is now the highest paid corner in the history of pro football now and he only ran a 4.6, which is dog slow for an NFL defensive back. Jerry rice and Emit Smith both a 4.7, and they're statistically the greatest players of all time at their positions. This nonsense that a player has to be a certain height, weight and speed is just stupid. If Reggie white ran a 4.9 and and was successful, this kid can do it to0. It's all about using what you've been given to the best of you abilities IMO.
Why was Sherman picked in the fifth round..............

Yes it doesn't mean you CAN'T play..............but if your a speed rusher and run a 4.9............well he was lucky to be even drafted. Can't play the run much either. Hey if he goes in and is the steal of the draft good for him. All some need is a shot. He has his now.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:32 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
but if your a speed rusher and run a 4.9.....
Again, he ran a 4.69 at his pro-day.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not according to the 14 head coaches in the SEC. They thought he (along with CJ Mosely) was the best defensive player in the entire conference.
Yes your right. He was very good in college. That doesn't always translate to the NFL. He is simply too slow and not quick enough. I mean we shall see. It all depends on the system and if he fits. Rams have a helluva defensive line right now. Put him on the edge and see what he can do in pre season. They could have a steal.........or just cut him. Not a bad pick at all IMO. Problem is everybody will be scared to say anything around him. Or maybe Sams just rolls with the crap. I would bet he does.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Again, he ran a 4.69 at his pro-day.
I read a 4.7............lol

Like I said I wanted the Chiefs to take a shot on him with one of their sixth rounder. Some just don't want the circus to come to town along with him. Media just should go away and let the kid play football.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:44 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
This is not about an openly gay man in the NFL.

I think the bigger issue that hasn't been discussed is why is another successful black man (Michael Sam) with a white partner!!

There are way too many successful black sports athletes who pursue white partners these days even the gay ones.! Ha ha.
Guess jungle fever is going around on both sides of the fence: Michael Sam and boyfriend Vito Cammisano party in Las Vegas after NFL draft selection - NY Daily News

Old 05-11-2014, 11:47 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Micheal Sam will be first out NFL player as he was just drafted by the St. Louis Rams.

The times, they are a changin'! Congratulations, Michael Sam!

Making history, it's about time.
The NFL has joined the 21st century of acceptance, kudos!
It already wasn't a straight-only league. Michael Sam is just the only openly gay player. There are others we don't know about.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:47 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I read a 4.7............lol
4.7, 4.69 - same thing. In any event, faster than Jared Allen, Tamba Hali, Greg Hardy, Michael Bennett, Lamarr Houston, Chandler Jones, etc, etc.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:10 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I have a daughter. And I will teach her to be very wary around any man who cries because it can only show one of two things - that they're weak and unstable or trying to manipulate others. We're raising a generation of weak and overly sensitive crybabies.

So tell us about these sissies you're raising...
If Michael Sam wanted to, he could have you in the hospital in a minute or so. It is the NFL, not Pop Warner. He has better things to do than get obsessed with immature haters. Waste of his time. You are just jealous. Calling you on it. Deal with it.

Last edited by chessgeek; 05-12-2014 at 12:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies