Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 06:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times

Advertisements

Micheal Sam had his first press conference since the announcement.

Rams took him on because the
Quote:
team's owners and coaching staff "[sees] good potential in people, and they're ready to win a championship."
He also said that while
Quote:
he has never been taunted on the field by other players because of his sexual orientation, he was ready to play tough if it did indeed happen.
Quote:
"When I do make it and when I put my pads on and somebody wants to say something to me, then you're going to see number 96 running down that field and making big plays with his team,"
he said.
Though Sam said he "can't really do anything about" the fact that Missouri workers could still be fired because of their sexual orientation or gender identity, he did talk about the story of a young boy tearfully coming out to his father after Sam was drafted. He said he felt honored by the story and said he is glad to help others feel comfortable with who they are. But he added,
Quote:
"If somebody disowned you, hey, be part of my family. I welcome you. Ram up."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a750fe-CW6g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He ran a 4.9 at the combine. Speed rusher.......lol

Kid won't make it sorry. NFL is best of the best whether you are gay or not. If Clowney said he was gay he'd still go number one. Get it yet ?
If he's being drafted to be politically correct, he's going to be one and done.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Tebow was terrible. He couldn't throw, couldn't run, and was completely useless the first three quarters if the game. I think only 2 games did he complete half his passes. He got bailed out by his defense and playing in a weak division.
Whoa... hold on

His QB rating is 76 which though not great isn't terrible. He only fumbled 7 times in 35 games. In 2011 he started 11 games and went 7-4. The Jets never let him start a game. He completed 6 of the 8 passes when he was allowed to throw.

True his overall completion % is less than 50, but passing for 1729 yards, 12 TD's and only 6 interceptions, and rushing for 660, with 11 starts is not terrible. There are plenty of worse QBs playing

Old 05-14-2014, 07:08 PM

589 posts, read 638,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Whoa... hold on

His QB rating is 76 which though not great isn't terrible. He only fumbled 7 times in 35 games. In 2011 he started 11 games and went 7-4. The Jets never let him start a game. He completed 6 of the 8 passes when he was allowed to throw.

True his overall completion % is less than 50, but passing for 1729 yards, 12 TD's and only 6 interceptions, and rushing for 660, with 11 starts is not terrible. There are plenty of worse QBs playing

He isn't terrible. That's why even the Jaguars didn't even want him. He played in a weak division. Why do you think no one wants him?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Tebow was terrible. He couldn't throw, couldn't run, and was completely useless the first three quarters if the game. I think only 2 games did he complete half his passes. He got bailed out by his defense and playing in a weak division.
Terrible? He took the donks to the playoffs. Yeah he couldn't do anyting but win. He is a football player........nowdays everybody wants the superstar. He just got it done. Then got run outta the league because he was a God lover. Sad.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Micheal Sam will be first out NFL player as he was just drafted by the St. Louis Rams.

The times, they are a changin'! Congratulations, Michael Sam!

Making history, it's about time.
The NFL has joined the 21st century of acceptance, kudos!
It never was a hetero only league. Not even close. What same has done was gutsy, though. Courage is a good quality in a teammate.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
He isn't terrible. That's why even the Jaguars didn't even want him. He played in a weak division. Why do you think no one wants him?
Quote:

The stats don't lie. He wasn't terrible.

I'd say it's more the media baggage he brings with him.

Look, nobody will tell you a college QB should be able to pilot a team in just 2 years. Very few are like Luck and Bradford. He basically had one season and got them into the playoffs, weak division or not, he beat the Steelers. All I'm saying is he could have been good, but was never given the chance to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Terrible? He took the donks to the playoffs. Yeah he couldn't do anyting but win. He is a football player........nowdays everybody wants the superstar. He just got it done. Then got run outta the league because he was a God lover. Sad.
It's okay to have the post game prayer circles, or openly praying when a man goes down... but they drew the line at the guy doing the kneel and pray and getting all the atheists and media heads in a froth.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-14-2014 at 07:34 PM..

Old 05-14-2014, 07:31 PM

162 posts, read 177,263 times
I guess what I don't like is that he is already using the NFL as an agenda vehicle. During the draft he smears cake on his boyfriends face and breaks out into a disgusting make out session. This is militant behavior and just trying to rub everyone's nose in it. Expect more distractions as this guy chooses to put his sexuality ahead of the sport.

Rick Sanchez: Michael Sam

Old 05-14-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
The stats don't lie. He wasn't terrible.

I'd say it's more the media baggage he brings with him.

Look, nobody will tell you a college QB should be able to pilot a team in just 2 years. Very few are like Luck and Bradford. He basically had one season and got them into the playoffs, weak division or not, he beat the Steelers. All I'm saying is he could have been good, but was never given the chance to be.

It's okay to have the post game prayer circles, or openly praying when a man goes down... but they drew the line at the guy doing the kneel and pray and getting all the atheists and media heads in a froth.
You can play or not. I don't care where anybody prays........go play football. You ran him out of dodge. I hope your happy.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
I guess what I don't like is that he is already using the NFL as an agenda vehicle. During the draft he smears cake on his boyfriends face and breaks out into a disgusting make out session. This is militant behavior and just trying to rub everyone's nose in it. Expect more distractions as this guy chooses to put his sexuality ahead of the sport.

Rick Sanchez: Michael Sam
Playing the game. Go play football..............not this media BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies