Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 08:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Heck, they're still ice fishing in Wisconsin. 18 inches thick.
What's up with that?
apparently global warming, aka summer, hasnt hit there yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Heck, they're still ice fishing in Wisconsin. 18 inches thick.
What's up with that?
There is a difference between weather and climate, also Wisconsin is not the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAgMZom8E7o

Old 05-11-2014, 09:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
The global scale is meaningless without a reference point and with climate... there is no such thing as a reference point which makes your global scale equally meaningless...

Old 05-11-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The global scale is meaningless without a reference point and with climate... there is no such thing as a reference point which makes your global scale equally meaningless...
What exactly are you trying to say?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is a difference between weather and climate, also Wisconsin is not the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAgMZom8E7o

With the magnetic north pole on a constant move toward Russia, would it also change where the equator is actually located, making it closer to north America.

I notice the sun coming in the windows in the evening, during the summer, no longer blinds me while I'm sitting here in my recliner, like it did 20 years ago(different recliner), when I bought the house. The side of the window casing blocks the sun now.

Seems the sun moving further north in our hemisphere, would be a good reason our summers are hotter and longer.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What exactly are you trying to say?
first question, what is the global mean temperature supposed to be? you, and your AGW cohorts have NEVER answered that question.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first question, what is the global mean temperature supposed to be? you, and your AGW cohorts have NEVER answered that question.
I have answered you awhile ago....There is no temperature that it is supposed to be...In the past it has been too hot for humans to exist, and too cold for humans to exist....

Researchers have long known that heat waves kill more people than other weather-related disasters do. And amid the hottest year on record and a scorching summer in the United States comes new research warning just how deadly heat waves can be.
Unlike a tornado or hurricane, a heat wave's impact on human lives is usually not realized until much later. An estimated 70,000 people died when parts of Europe boiled in the summer of 2003. In Paris alone, nearly 15,000 people were killed by the suffocating heat.
Why Heat Waves Can Mean High Death Tolls | LiveScience

Old 05-11-2014, 11:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With the magnetic north pole on a constant move toward Russia, would it also change where the equator is actually located, making it closer to north America.

I notice the sun coming in the windows in the evening, during the summer, no longer blinds me while I'm sitting here in my recliner, like it did 20 years ago(different recliner), when I bought the house. The side of the window casing blocks the sun now.

Seems the sun moving further north in our hemisphere, would be a good reason our summers are hotter and longer.
Does the magnetic pole change the tilt of Earth's axis.....?

Old 05-11-2014, 11:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I find it fascinating, they had the equipment, or even the thought to measure such, 100,000 years ago.

Much less the co2 in the 1930's

Maurice Strong is the man that started this whole global warming deal. His motive, money and power.
Involved in the UN and creating the World Conservation BANK(carbon tax money)

Do a google on that guy and research him yourself.
Follow the money!
Spot on post. Most don't know who this clown is. He is evil.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
They never will either because that would pin them down. So they shuck and jive. All they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies