Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 06:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why is there a marine with PTSD and 3 loaded guns in his car driving anywhere, why does he even have a license.
Good question. This ex-marine has documented PTSD yet is driving around with loaded weapons and enough ammunition to take out a school or shopping mall!

Old 06-02-2014, 06:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes you would hope or at least remember his way since he had been there 6 times, yet he got lost. No GPS and he has 3 loaded guns going across a border crossing and tells them I'm just turning around?
In his defense he was drunk the last time he walked back from Mexico and doesn't remember the street layout. (Greta interview).

According to his Mom he didn't feel safe in his section of the prison and his escape attempt was just to get from an unsafe area to a safer area of the prison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slp96fz5A9A#t=270

We know he checked in to the Hotel Nelson in Tijuana but have not heard if he checked out or returned the key. This would indicate if his return was an accident or not.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:16 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueringfools View Post
Where is the outrage????????? After the VA scandal Obama should be doing everything his worthless self can do to pressure the Mexican government to release this guy. No American Marine should unfairly be rotting away in a Mexican jail. And where are the Mexican Americans? We feed, cloth, and shelter MILLIONS of you people that flow into this country legally and illegally and you can't muster an ounce of protest to your government and your kind living back home to go out and protest for his release? A hair on this guy's head shouldn't have been touched! I'm surprised I don't see more outrage among fellow Marines?????????????????

the usa should trade 12 million illegal aliens to get him back

Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the usa should trade 12 million illegal aliens to get him back
Brilliant idea

Old 06-03-2014, 11:26 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I also know some American kids who were around 20 years of age who took a wrong turn and went into Mexico by mistake. They had a weapon in their vehicle but luckily they stayed cool and luckily Mexican customs didn't check their vehicle but waved them through and they turned around and came back over to the USA.

When you have a border as open as the southern one is, it's very easy to just drive over without realizing. And you have to keep in mind that other countries actually enforce border laws -- while ours does not.

Mmm; I beg to differ.

Peace Bridge » ezbordercrossing.com

Old 06-03-2014, 12:29 PM

741 posts, read 764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
When you have a border as open as the southern one is, it's very easy to just drive over without realizing.
In this instance, and with the facts about this individual and his prior travels into Mexico ... the comment is irrelevant as I view it.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Smile RE: Marine entry into Mexico and now in prison

I have been retired in Rosarito area for 18 yrs and as such do cross the border into the US frequently.

For those not familiar with the area at San Ysidro border crossing the I-5 and I-805 Fwys merge real close to the border and thus. there are 6-8 lanes coming together quickly down to just 2-4 depending on the time of day you are crossing along with the extensive construction being done it can be a hassle.

Normally in the US a person would exit the FWY to the right while the "RETURN to the US" sign is at the far LEFT Lane and a person might think they have already crossed into Mexico and have to use that lane to return back into the US....see what I mean.

If your in with a bunch of heavy traffic of cars going south and in the WRONG lane it would be easy to cross the border when NOT intending too. Best would have been for him to slowly pull to the right traffic or not and stop to check his location.

I have driven all over the US and when in doubt of where I was I would pull over before proceeding ahead.

Have not read/heard all of the important info re the Marines current situation so will not guess here.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:04 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
With Obama's negotiation skills, Mexico should be able to get back the states of California and Texas in exchange for the Marine who got lost and drove into Mexico and is being held for ransom by the Mexican Government.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:20 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
With Obama's negotiation skills, Mexico should be able to get back the states of California and Texas in exchange for the Marine who got lost and drove into Mexico and is being held for ransom by the Mexican Government.
Why would there be negotiations? This person isn't on active duty in the Marines.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I support Vets, I myself am a Vet. That said the Marine intentionally or not violated the laws of another country. That is his own doing. He now myst face the consequences for his actions. We demand a free pass for him, the same will be expected every time a foreign national breaks our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies