Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 11:40 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, Marine Held in Mexico Tells His Story to Greta Van Susteren | Fox News Insider

Let's get the facts straight. He did not accidentally cross into Mexico. He knowingly crossed into Mexico with guns. You cannot miss the signs advising firearms are illegal in Mexico crossing over. He had a grand old time hanging out in Tijuana, had dinner, even checked into a hotel, and "accidentally" ended up at a Mexican checkpoint trying to get back to the US, and "accidentally" got CAUGHT with possessing THREE guns on Mexican soil.

He did not think the rules applied to him. Why would you take firearms across the border knowing they are illegal? This seems to be a habit of US military members. Either A) They think they are above the law or B) They are illiterate.

There's a reason why he fired his first attorneys. They probably told him the same thing and he did not want to hear it.
Thanks for setting the record straight. The idiot had crossed into Mexico earlier with his guns and upon returning to the US, hit a check point. That is when his problems started. He deserves everything he gets. What an idiot.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:50 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Tahmooressi fired his lawyer because his lawyer wanted him to lie and 'keep it simple'.

The lawyer wanted him to say: “`I was meeting with friends in San Ysidro, I missed the last exit and ended up at the Customs Check point in Tijuana. I have never been in Tijuana, I have a permit in the US to carry weapons, these weapons and ammo are mine, they were never intented [sic] for sale ….End of story,’” Osuna wrote. ”Andrew kept insisting he wanted to change it, but our concern was that if he mentioned he had been in Tijuana about 6 times prior to his detention (which seems to be the case), his story would have been less credible. I think in the end he understood, but we will still need to talk to him and prepare for what is coming.”

Email: Jailed Marine’s Attorney Told Him to ‘Stick to the Script,’ Not Reveal Past Mexico Travel | TheBlaze.com

Old 05-31-2014, 11:54 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, Marine Held in Mexico Tells His Story to Greta Van Susteren | Fox News Insider

Let's get the facts straight. He did not accidentally cross into Mexico. He knowingly crossed into Mexico with guns. You cannot miss the signs advising firearms are illegal in Mexico crossing over. He had a grand old time hanging out in Tijuana, had dinner, even checked into a hotel, and "accidentally" ended up at a Mexican checkpoint trying to get back to the US, and "accidentally" got CAUGHT with possessing THREE guns on Mexican soil.

He did not think the rules applied to him. Why would you take firearms across the border knowing they are illegal? This seems to be a habit of US military members. Either A) They think they are above the law or B) They are illiterate.

There's a reason why he fired his first attorneys. They probably told him the same thing and he did not want to hear it.
And there you have it straight from the horses mouth, I shall love watching Greta, Bill O'Reilly and all the others spewing BS on FOX eating crow over this!

Old 05-31-2014, 01:11 PM

According to a Tijuana newspaper, he had been in Mexico previously, checked into a Tijuana hotel, and had a Mexican 'girlfriend'. He had returned to the US to pick up his truck.

Newspaper reports Tahmooressi stayed in hotel - San Diego, California Talk Radio Station - 760 KFMB AM - 760kfmb
(use Google translate)
Ex Marine se hospedaba en hotel de Tijuana
Ex Marine cambia de abogado, suspenden audiencia
Ex Marine no ingresó a México por error
Trasladan a ex Marine a "El Hongo"

Old 05-31-2014, 01:12 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Ever make a wrong turn???

I have.

The roads are not very well marked.
Incorrect.

In light of the info posted above, it's a moot point anyway.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:23 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
And there you have it straight from the horses mouth, I shall love watching Greta, Bill O'Reilly and all the others spewing BS on FOX eating crow over this!
He knowingly committed a crime, got caught and tried to escape. I am not condoning the way he is being treated (i.e. stripped naked, chained, beaten), but clearly is not innocent. That's the point.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
He knowingly committed a crime, got caught and tried to escape. I am not condoning the way he is being treated (i.e. stripped naked, chained, beaten), but clearly is not innocent. That's the point.
I understand, what I was getting at was that Greta has been ragging all week about putting pressure on the government to do something about getting him released, O'Reilly is promoting an online petition in which if 100,000 signatures is obtained he will have Jesse Watters(what a goof that guy is) deliver it in person to the state dept. The guy isn't innocent as you say and as someone else posted earlier in the thread, "if you can't do the time don't do the crime".

Old 05-31-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I understand, what I was getting at was that Greta has been ragging all week about putting pressure on the government to do something about getting him released, O'Reilly is promoting an online petition in which if 100,000 signatures is obtained he will have Jesse Watters(what a goof that guy is) deliver it in person to the state dept. The guy isn't innocent as you say and as someone else posted earlier in the thread, "if you can't do the time don't do the crime".
In the Greta interview he says that he had walked and driven through that border crossing before this incident. It is unclear if he was the driver or a passenger.

Tahmooressi also says that he rented the hotel room at noon expecting to stay the night - but changed his mind and crossed back at 10pm. This counters the claim that he had dinner plans with friends.

He says he was treated well until his escape attempt. He was let out of his cell to make a phone call and then clambered up to the roof and then ran across multiple roofs and fences until he was shot at.

He's luck they didn't shoot to kill. He then cut himself with a broken light bulb and was sent to the infirmary. I suspect the beating was because the guards got in trouble for letting him get away. Naked and chained to a bed would prevent further escape and personal injury attempts - and was also (not right) punishment from the angry guards.

Exclusive: A hopeful jailed US Marine recalls night of wrong turn, arrest in Mexico, says he has been beaten, chained to a bed and feared for his life | OTR Interviews | On the Record | Fox News

Old 05-31-2014, 05:44 PM

369 posts, read 392,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree. This is your brother, uncle, father, friend. This is a U.S. MARINE who fought twice, sign a petition.
Sign a Petition to the White House to Demand the Release of Our Jailed Marine from Mexico

I was making my plans for vacation and was seriously considering Mexico... not now. There are other places I'd like to go.
I'd never go to Mexico...not ever.

I'm also disgusted how they treat U.S. Soldiers.

I'd be all for kicking their asses and would sign up for it free of charge.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:48 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueringfools View Post
Where is the outrage????????? After the VA scandal Obama should be doing everything his worthless self can do to pressure the Mexican government to release this guy. No American Marine should unfairly be rotting away in a Mexican jail. And where are the Mexican Americans? We feed, cloth, and shelter MILLIONS of you people that flow into this country legally and illegally and you can't muster an ounce of protest to your government and your kind living back home to go out and protest for his release? A hair on this guy's head shouldn't have been touched! I'm surprised I don't see more outrage among fellow Marines?????????????????
What is this guy charged with? I mea, if he committed a crime, why shouldn't he be in jail? Because he's a Marine? Because the jail is in Mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies