Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,836,128 times

Advertisements

"Should Ukraine deport the ethnic Russians?"

What a stupid question that shows total ignorance!!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
...You are proposing real-life ethnic cleansing.
Unfortunately, this is what that already going on in Ukraine.
New illegal ukrainian govt declared war to its own people of southern and eastern parts of Ukraine.
They have labelled citizens of these regions as "terrorists" and have sent military troops there. Ukrainian military forces are killing peaceful citizens daily but almost all western mass-media is silent about it.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Yes I agree with Mountains, Russia should be doing more to encourage and help with the settlement of ethnic Russians from the former Soviet republics. A lot of ethnic Russians have left places like Uzbekistan, Latvia, and Lithuania and returned to Russia. They should do the same with the ethnic Russians in Ukraine. Ukraine should also encourage them to leave as well.
Do you know how many millions of ukrainians live in Russia? How many ukrainians have businesses in Russia, have family' members, friends, relatives etc.?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Well, it's the same Stalin did. It would only be retaliation.
First of all, Stalin was a georgian, not a russian.
Second of all, what retailiation you are talking about??? Russians and Ukrainians have the deep blood ties.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
You know as much history as Obama.
Kerry is the same sh*t.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:02 PM

10,150 posts, read 15,847,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
No.

They should hold a referendum:

[ ] Yes, all ethnic Russians should leave Ukraine.
[ ] No, I am a traitor to my country and I deserve to die.
I agree with this. As an American I am bothered by the fact that there are people here who are not loyal to the US and don't have America's best interests in mind, yet vote in our elections. For example many legal Mexicans living here and their children support illegal immigration for purely racial and Mexican nationalist reasons and believe in Reconquista. Many British Muslims are Muslims first and support al-Qaeda.

Its the same with Ukraine. The ethnic Russians are not loyal to Ukraine yet had undue influence in the previous government, forcing their rule on the actual indigenous peoples of Ukraine, the ethnic Ukrainians who are a separate and distinct race from Russians. Russian settlers poured into all the former republics of the USSR during the Soviet days it doesn't legitimize their presence today. Ukraine was an independent nation occupied by the USSR, much like Armenia, Latvia and Kazakhstan. The "coup" in Kiev was the indigenous peoples of Ukraine rising up and taking back their country against the descendents of the Russian colonists. If those people are more loyal to Russia then they should go to Russia.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
My wife is an ethnic Russian whose family lives in Ukraine. Most were moved there, and not always by choice. Her view, and that of my in-laws still there, is that it's only logical to seek alliance with Russia given the corruption and powerlessness of the Ukraine government. The map of Ukraine is soon going to look like a piece of Swiss cheese.

Having been arrested by the military and held at gunpoint on my first visit there, I'm really not a fan of the Ukraine government.

As for deportation, might as well try to get the Irish out of Boston and back to Ireland. Ain't gonna happen.
If those families were forcibly moved to Ukraine by the Soviet government, its the responsibility of Russia, the successor state to the USSR, to help resettle them in Russia, the way Israel helps resettle Jews from other countries into Israel and integrate them into Israeli society. When Germany's borders changed after WW2, German people in the Sudentenland of the Czech Republic were resettled in Germany with help by the German government. Russia ought to do the same.

Its unfair for the indigenous people of Ukraine to suffer and have their territorial integrity threatened because of the colonization policies of the Soviet Union which by the way was an evil system as evil as Nazi Germany even though liberals and Democrats like to whitewash communist atrocities in the US education system vs Nazi and imperial Japanese atrocities. If the ethnic Russians in Ukraine were forced to move there in the first place, they should move back to Russia with help from the Russian government instead of remaining on another people's land. The Russians have always been an imperialistic people, that's why its the biggest country in the world. A lot of people focus on the Indian wars in the US but that is exactly how Russia expanded all the way to the Pacific by subjugating the native tribes in Siberia and stealing their lands from them.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The "coup" in Kiev was the indigenous peoples of Ukraine rising up and taking back their country against the descendents of the Russian colonists.
You are watching the Zombie news channel too much.

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
The influence tho was thru elected officals. Remember that that government also applied for EU help before seeking Russian. Now they are up against a deadline to pay for the gas they owe from Russia. Seems its not been paid.It never came up as a issue tho until the elected government was overthrow by revolt. That lead to revolt by Crimea;so what is the difference. That is how breakup happens and civil wars .I think they are stupid top chose Russia but that seems to be their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Do you know how many millions of ukrainians live in Russia? How many ukrainians have businesses in Russia, have family' members, friends, relatives etc.?
Would be much simpler if people just stayed in their country OR if they immigrate, to be loyal to their new country. Split loyalties is what is causing the illegal alien crisis in the US, it also contributed to Islamic terrorism in Britain and the massive riots in London and Paris's Islamic neighborhoods where large numbers of Arab Muslims live, who don't consider themselves British or French but live in those countries. I believe in the integration and assimilation of immigrants, and the oath of citizenship and loyalty should be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.