Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 08:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Freedom of speech does not mean that you are free from the repercussions of what you say. It only means that the GOVERNMENT can not punish you for what you say.
Very narrow definition. So all is good until someone gets arrested for their opinion ?
When that happens it will be too late to do anything about it.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I find it seriously disturbing-
because it's all part of the agenda.
And the masses just follow along....
no objections & no outrage
for losing freedom of speech.
I almost don't recognize
this country anymore-
it's all downhill from here....
And I guess we can thank
the liberals; I never
realized why people seriously couldn't
stand the liberal mindset-
I think it's obvious now.
The country looks the same as when I was born, some new buildings and roads, but the landscape is still the same. I am sure those that lived during the slave era would say the same thing you just said seeing all these Black Americans out and about living a free life.

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
NFL Player Fined After Posting Negative Tweets about Michael Sam

Well that should seal it. Im done with the NFL now if this is what its come to. A fine and "re-education" for daring to say he thought the kiss was gross?! Really?! ********* NFL and the rest of these loons.

This is un-American insanity. This is the sort of thing I knew would be coming after the gay marriage push. You cant even utter a single thought of a hint of negativity about anything homo or you get punished now. You aren't allowed to feel differently and say something about it now.

I found the kiss gross too. Thank God I dont work for an org. like the NFL that would punish me for daring to say so.

Of course. The "I just want to love who I love" was The Big Lie, and plenty of people saw through it. No one cares (or should) what you're doing, but don't force people to change what they think or say about it.

BTW, good for the people who won't be told that they have to take a picture of someone or bake someone a cake, because they have the option of working out of their homes.

There's nothing like the Rainbow Mafia--except for those who won't become sheeple.

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Sure. Homosexuality is natural.

Sorry, the Church is 100% wrong on this issue.

Let's move on.
So because animals do it, that makes it natural?

Dogs roll in their own poop, should we do it too? Because it's natural?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you want the government to tell businesses who they can or can not fire, fine, or punish?
Nope. But I also don't like the actions of the thought police today approving what speech is acceptable or not, be it from the government, or a business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How about not be upset when an employer punishes an employee for doing something wrong.

It depends on what they did "wrong." All the player said was he thought it was gross. Big f***n' deal! Personally, I don't care if Michael Sam is gay or not. Whether or not he can play the game, is the ONLY thing that he should be judged on. If not, he'll be out of the league. Having said that I have no desire to supress someone elses opinion, such as this player's opinion whether I disagree with him or not.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
hmmmm...

Thought you free market conservos were all in favor of private concerns treating employees as they please.

As right wingers would say on this site, only when the mob approves, and right now, the right wing mob does not approve of this private business decision.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:26 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What about a heterosexual couple that can't have children and choose to adobt? Neither are the biological parent. See how quickly your argument falls apart.

Yes, slapping something in the face is a natural act, not sure what that strawman argument has to do with anything though.
Does your counter point change the fact that it takes a man and a woman to create a child?

I didn't think so.

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Very narrow definition. So all is good until someone gets arrested for their opinion ?
When that happens it will be too late to do anything about it.
That is the definition. You can say what you want, I can say your opinion sucks, your boss can say you're fired. As long as the government doesn't say you're under arrest, the first amendment is intact.

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
It's on ESPN and their commie crew up there. The display was appalling, and that's it. It's more appalling though that ESPN and other MSM are glorifying it to the degree they are. It's so disingenuous and shameless on all their behalves. And the fact that the player(s) who spoke up about it are fined and shamed is equally appalling. Liberal fascism indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You can always move to Russia.
Actually no, no we can't.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Probably because it got plastered all over the media and shoved in peoples' faces.
Nice way to "push" an issue.

His gayness seems to trump his football ability.
I actually didn't see it, so clearly it didn't get shoved in my face. How many heterosexual couples did you see kissing over the weekend? Heck, if you don't like what you see on tv, you have control over what you watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies