Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 06:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I looked and could not find anything on a federal level for any private business.

Do you have a link???
I will when I get home, I am not gonna look for a link for you on my phone.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:59 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
When a normal player gets drafted there isn’t a public display off affection with his girlfriend.
You obviously don't pay attention because this is an incredibly stupid statement devoid of reality.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:59 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I will when I get home, I am not gonna look for a link for you on my phone.
Thanks.....no hurry.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Law, most states have anti-discrimination laws, and I believe it is a US law as well.
Could you tell me when calling something "gross" became discrimination? Was it during the schoolyard days of cooties and gross-outs or was it after?

If I call a pimple on my ass gross... no, let's rephrase that: if I call the broccoli on my dinner plate gross, do I now run the risk of being burned at the stake by Big Broccoli if the CEO of Big Broccoli Inc hears me? Where exactly does this bull**it stop? Are we going to start cutting each others' tongues out like those Christians that you hate so much used to do?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:02 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
In any company or organization, it is frowned upon to ever criticize fellow employees on twitter or fb or any social media. What Jones did was not cool with management and wouldn't be with most companies.

On the otherhand, Sam has an agenda, an in-your-face agenda, and he is pushing it to the max. He is not trying to gain acceptance for homosexual players, he is trying to stir up this controversy and make a name for himself, in my opinion. He has not handled his fifteen minutes of fame with grace and humility. I'd bet he won't even make the team. Not because he is gay, but because he just isn't a great football player. He ranked poorly in the combine and is too small.

aye .. but he will make the team indeed .. St. Louis doesn't have that choice to drop him if he isn't any good .. If they dropped him now, he would scream discrimination and sue for billions ... because after all, he's more than Gay .. He's Special. /sarcasm

You're right about his poor ranking, but then again, who knows? He might do alright.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:02 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The homosexual kiss was gross, repulsive and completely unnecessary. When a normal player gets drafted there isn’t a public display off affection with his girlfriend yet the homosexual feels the need to foist this sickening excretia onto the general public.
You guys are so off the rails and out of touch with your ignorance and gayhatederangementsyndrom. It's like you're not even TRYING anymore.

Gross. Disgusting. Weird. Watching NFL players kiss wives, girlfriends - Outsports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rirsA8YaM

If the display of affection had been edited by ESPN, Markman said, it would have been inconsistent with more than three decades of draft-day coverage that includes a long string of players kissing their girlfriends.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/dra...0769--spt.html

Old 05-12-2014, 07:03 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Why can't he tell the truth? He could have told everyone around him what he thought and wouldn't have been fined, but he chose to document it and tell all of the public and his employer felt that violated their code of conduct. I always thought right wingers were all about the private sector being able to do whatever they want.
I believe in freedom unlike you, I don't get upset and want anyone punished for speaking their mind, not even you, I enjoy knowing how a person truly feels and nobody should have to hide it. It's really quite childish behavior for adults.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:05 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
What thread. There are people that still think being gay is a choice (who would choose to be persecuted), and that it is unnatural (despite being found throughout nature in a larger number of species). Even best, that people can tell who is gay and who isn't just by looking at them.

This thread is like its out of a time capsule.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:05 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I believe in freedom unlike you, I don't get upset and want anyone punished for speaking their mind, not even you, I enjoy knowing how a person truly feels and nobody should have to hide it. It's really quite childish behavior for adults.
You don't believe in freedom. At least not for an organization to control its own image.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I believe a corporation can handle their employees however they like as long as it complies with the law. This player wasn't arrested or fined by the government for what he said, he is free to say hateful things, but his employer is free to respond to those hateful comments anyway they wish. That is because I love freedom and don't think either should lose their freedom unlike you who thinks the employer should have the freedom to do what they want with their own employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies