Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 08:19 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What liberal agenda are "activist judges" pushing?
You know, telling the NFL they have to draft a gay player...oh wait.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:20 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No, but there was a problem with his grandstanding and attention wh*ring.

Instead of just quietly joining his Christian teammates in a dignified group prayer on the field just before kickoff, he did a solo act every time he went into the game.

"Look at me! See how extra super duper religious I am? I'm even more religious than my teammates!"
I see you used quote marks.....can you post a link to these quotes please???

I would like to read the complete stance.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Unfortunately TriM no matter what you say, or do, not everyone is going to be supportive of homosexuality. That is just reality. And trying to FORCE people to approve something that goes against what they believe whether it be right or wrong, is only going to breed more hatred, and discontent, and the results may not be favorable. Personally, I don't care what you do, or how you live your life, because it's your life. IMO more people should take that stance, as life is too short as it is to get hung up about what 2 consensting adults do in their private life or other trivial BS, and instead worry about their own lives, and morality.

Nobody expects everyone to accept homosexuality. I do expect that everyone at least recognize basic truths: 1) sexuality is not a chosen thing; 2) everyone should be treated equally just as we're "supposed" to treat everyone's right to worship as they please.

But what anti-gays, the overly-religious and the moralizing busy bodies need to understand, is that people are no longer just going to sit back and let you run roughshod over their rights without pushback, or to suffer nasty comments.

People don't HAVE to sit back and take it anymore, and they will not.

This, ultimately, is what the heartburn is all about in the social conservative community, who finds itself the minority.

And actually, I disagree that "hatred and contempt" is being bred. Those who claim as much were never allies to begin with, and frankly, would never be converted or convinced to be decent human beings in the first place, so screw them.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:23 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,580 times
Quote:

Instead of just quietly joining his Christian teammates in a dignified group prayer on the field just before kickoff, he did a solo act every time he went into the game.

"Look at me! See how extra super duper religious I am? I'm even more religious than my teammates!"
It was the media that blew Tebow out of proportion. He just did what he always did.

This is a guy who would bring a family with a sick child to the game, get them seats, give them jerseys and merchandise, and then walk them to their car after the game. Sometimes take them out to dinner. This is a guy who started a foundation to help build a children's hospital in the Philippines.

And absolutely vile, hateful things were said about Tebow on Twitter and elsewhere online because he wore his faith on his sleeve. Hatred of him was justified and went without accountability. So we're still waiting for people to be held accountable for the hate speech aimed at Tebow. But he's part of the one group that's still acceptable to be bigoted towards, so that's not gonna happen.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:24 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I was addressing the wider issue of liberal ideology being pushed by activist judges as part of the overall problem. I know you don't agree it's a problem and that you support the liberal agenda for America.

Get a new shtick already.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:27 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post

And absolutely vile, hateful things were said about Tebow on Twitter and elsewhere online because he wore his faith on his sleeve.
Link?

Old 05-13-2014, 08:27 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:

So without even knowing the guy, you just assume that he was only doing it for show. Or maybe he has a real faith and wanted to have a personal moment of prayer. What should he have done? Run back into the locker room and then prayed? It was the media that made a big deal about his faith.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:30 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
This is just your typical nonsense. These people are employees of an organization and have willingly accepted terms governing their conduct. Nobody is forcing you to accept anything, nor is your employer forced to accept your views damaging their reputation. If these people were just nobodies like you then nothing would happen as a result of their words. I encourage you to try the following experiment to see if you have freedom to say whatever you want at work: walk up to your boss and call him a ****ing ****. Its just free speech, nothing will happen right?
So, the Miami Dolphins have a rule where you are not allowed to say "OMG"? Is that what you are trying to tell me? No, they don't have such rules, the head coach suspended the player to be politically correct. There is nothing more to it.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:32 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So without even knowing the guy, you just assume that he was only doing it for show. Or maybe he has a real faith and wanted to have a personal moment of prayer. What should he have done? Run back into the locker room and then prayed? It was the media that made a big deal about his faith.
The poster will be back shortly with a link for his quotes.....we will have to wait.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:32 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,087 times
yep. It's the fascism from the left.
Apparently nobody reads history because this is exactly what Hitler did to the Jews in Nazi Germany.
He got the populace all wound up with his charisma and blames all of Germany's problems in the Jews.
The media and the fascist LWNJ need a common enemy and Christians are it. You would NEVER hear then say anything negative about Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It was the media that blew Tebow out of proportion. He just did what he always did.

This is a guy who would bring a family with a sick child to the game, get them seats, give them jerseys and merchandise, and then walk them to their car after the game. Sometimes take them out to dinner. This is a guy who started a foundation to help build a children's hospital in the Philippines.

And absolutely vile, hateful things were said about Tebow on Twitter and elsewhere online because he wore his faith on his sleeve. Hatred of him was justified and went without accountability. So we're still waiting for people to be held accountable for the hate speech aimed at Tebow. But he's part of the one group that's still acceptable to be bigoted towards, so that's not gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies