Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Are you referring to real laws, or HappyTexan's made up "hate speech" laws?
I didn't say there was a law but this is being perceived as "hate speech" by the vocal minority.

Really.."Horrible" is now hate speech against gays ?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:55 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Although I am no fan of public displays of affection (either straight or gay), I sometimes think the only way people who are repulsed or "grossed out" by seeing two men kiss is for it to be as common place in public as a straight couple. Gay couples continue to avoid showing any visible signs of affection toward each other in public (with the exception of gay events or gay ghettos) because of reactions like the one quoted above. Maybe gay and lesbian folk need to just say *@#* it, and put their arms around each other, hug, kiss, whatever straight couples have done forever in public, without worrying about everybody else's reactions. It really IS the problem of the observer. I thought Sam's public display was over the top but reading this thread I think, maybe we all need stop worrying about what other people think and just live our lives. People need to get used to it, time is marching on, gay folks are not living in the closet anymore and that means we should expect them to behave in public just as heterosexuals have done for decades. get used to it!
I also wrote it would be inappropriate if a hetero player was deep throating his girlfriend on national tv. loser.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:56 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, it is getting to the point where every word someone utters on social media is by hate-filled idiots. Didn't mama ever tell you to not say something if it wouldn't be nice? You can think what you want.. but when you put it in writing on the computer, it is legal text that can and will be used against you. You are better off saying your hate-filled remarks in person where there is no paper trail. At least that requires consent.
It also requires wayyyyy more courage than any of these keyboard commandos possess.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:56 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I also wrote it would be inappropriate if a hetero player was deep throating his girlfriend on national tv. loser.
How can you deep throat a women?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:57 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,974 times
BARF !!!!!!!!!

Nobody can fine me for saying what I think

Old 05-12-2014, 08:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Sheesh. How about we draw the line when we come to it, instead of making dramatic predictions of the sky falling? These kinds of dire warnings are nothing more than a way of saying, "Back in the closet, gay people. You make me feel icky and I demand the right to arrange society around my comfort level."

I don't care what 2 consenting adults do with each other, and never have. Unlike progressives who are only for free speech that they approve of. I also realize that not everyone is going to approve of gays being able to marry, or agree with their lifestyle no matter what, and that is their right to do so. It is also their right to express their opinion, just as it is your right to run your mouth about how bad Christians, or conservatives are, or whatever rant you're on on any given day!

Just remember, someday it could be something that you say on social media, or even in private could come under scrutiny, causing you financial distress, or job loss. It works both ways.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, it is getting to the point where every word someone utters on social media is by hate-filled idiots. Didn't mama ever tell you to not say something if it wouldn't be nice? You can think what you want.. but when you put it in writing on the computer, it is legal text that can and will be used against you. You are better off saying your hate-filled remarks in person where there is no paper trail. At least that requires consent.
"Horrible" is what he tweeted.

How will that be used against him ?
Is "horrible" with regards to gays now considered hate speech ?

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Are you referring to real laws, or HappyTexan's made up "hate speech" laws?
Perhaps not enacted laws but there's no doubt the results of things like Donald Sterling's speech will ultimately benefit the lawyers who will both defend him and vilify him while billing him either way over words that not so long ago would just have died a peaceful death with no lawyers involved.

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
I'm not going to bother going back through the thread, but tell me: have any genius conservatives dragged the First Amendment into this yet? ESPN's comments (never an enlightened place to begin with) are littered with such nonsense.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:59 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I don't care what 2 consenting adults do with each other, and never have. Unlike progressives who are only for free speech that they approve of. I also realize that not everyone is going to approve of gays being able to marry, or agree with their lifestyle no matter what, and that is their right to do so. It is also their right to express their opinion, just as it is your right to run your mouth about how bad Christians, or conservatives are, or whatever rant you're on on any given day!

Just remember, someday it could be something that you say on social media, or even in private could come under scrutiny, causing you financial distress, or job loss. It works both ways.
We are in agreement.

The difference is conservatives think their bigotted ways deserve a pass because they are "Christian."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies