Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 10:04 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It's natural based on what? This is starting to sound familiar.
Um, it's widespread within the natural world. It's been observed in essentially every higher animal species, and is especially prevalent in birds and mammals (humans are mammals, by the way). It's existed in every human culture since we started recording our history.

The question isn't, is homosexuality natural. The question is why and how has homosexuality been selected for an maintained within so many species (including humans).

Quote:
Because as I have already explained, how do you justify saying homosexual relationships are equal to heterosexual relationships when they are not? They are not equal or the same. You can have civil unions and be recognized in that way, but to put it on the same level as a heterosexual relationship and call it marriage, is just something that I disagree with.
Why would we create two identical laws (but with different titles), that do the exactly same thing - one for gay people and the other for straight people??? The only reason would be for the purpose of making sure gays realize they aren't deserving of being thought of in the same regard as straight people. Doing so is the epitome of disrespect (not to mention antithetical to the Constitutional promise of equal protection under the laws enshrined in the 14th Amendment).

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
It's funny how quickly these bigots reveal themselves.

Our culture is saturated with sex, we can have a dozen half naked women shaking their breasts and assets on the sideline, but God forbid a man kisses his boyfriend during the happiest moment of his life.

As far as getting punished, the NFL can do whatever it likes to its employees in regards to discrimination.

After all, we wouldnt want big government intervening, would we?
They are nothing but hypocrites bowing to public opinion.
Did anyone get in trouble regarding the mocking of Tebow ?

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It took a male and a female to produce the child. What happens after that point is irrelevant. There are different ways in which a child can be raised, but a child can only be created from a male sperm and a female egg. That is the point here.
Yes, but what does that have to do with relationships and a man kissing his partner in joy? And I would beg to differ, my parents raising me has a massive impact on my life.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:05 AM

860 posts, read 1,109,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
It's funny how quickly these bigots reveal themselves.

Disagreeing with something does not make one a bigot. If someone thinks two siblings kissing is gross does not make them a bigot.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:05 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,977,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The difference is solely the set of legal privileges granted by the state. Married people are two consenting adults in a relationship. In that sense, it is identical to an unmarried couple.
Meaning not the same, right?

The poster's point was well they are all relationships so why does it matter. The point is there are differences just like there are with any other type of relationships and people on here will not recognize the difference because it doesn't fit their argument.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Disagreeing with something does not make one a bigot. If someone thinks two siblings kissing is gross does not make them a bigot.
True, but the comments on this thread reveal the actual bigotry.

Which, of course, means it's just another day on CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, but what does that have to do with relationships and a man kissing his partner in joy? And I would beg to differ, my parents raising me has a massive impact on my life.
It has to do with people stating that a gay couple and a heterosexual couple is the same. They are not. One can create life and their bodies are made to create life. The other couple can never do this.

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Thinking he shouldn't be allowed to kiss his partner in public is being a bigot. Do you think he should have been allowed to kiss his partner?

Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Or a mother and son ...remember those beach pictures of Stephanie Seymour and her sons.
People dismissed that because her son is gay so it was ok.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
True, but the comments on this thread reveal the actual bigotry.

Which, of course, means it's just another day on CD.
In that case, forcing people to agree with you can be a form of bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.