Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The guy tweeted "Horrible" and look what he's got to go through now..undisclosed fine and "diversity training".

That isn't going to change him. He'll just keep his opinions off social media.
Which is what he should do to begin with. Too many times people openly voice their opinions, yet think their freedom of speech means that it cannot cause any negative effects against them.

Does he also consider it to be gross to see a man and woman kissing because that too involves a man kissing?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:58 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It DOES NOT MATTER. They are NOT different.

Your comfort regarding someone choosing to "hide" or "display" homosexuality is irrelevant.

What I believe is also irrelevant. Homosexuals are born homosexual. This is fact. Did you choose to be a hetereosexual?
It is extremely relevant. If it wasn't then this Michael Sam situation wouldn't be a big deal. Remember he is the first "openly" gay player, not the first gay player. There have been gay players who have played in the NFL and it wasn't a big deal because no one knew. When the first black player played, everyone knew. The context of both are just completely different. There is no such thing as an "openly" black person. Once someone sees you, they will generally know if you are black or not.

Something that is not different would mean they are the same without condition. That is not the case here. That is the only point I am making here.

I have already answered your question in the other thread. I do not agree with your opinion on this topic because that's all it is, your opinion.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
My brother and I were watching a Draft recap yesterday and the kissing segment. We just looked at each other and said "Gross" simultaneously.

I am telling you folks no real guy(hetero) understands this sort of attraction as normal. A man's penis is designed to fit inside a woman's vagina not another male's orfice. Male to male contact is an aberration.

Brave New World we have created.

NB: Both of our wives agreed it was gross as well.

This echoes my sentiments....
just the thought of 2 guys kissing- yuck.
I'm not a fan of football,
but this guy has every right to voice his opinions.
Omg what is this country coming to???
Hell yes it's gross....
I don't care if it's politically correct or not.
Talk about an agenda-
wake up people.
There is no freedom of speech anymore, it's long gone.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It is extremely relevant. If it wasn't then this Michael Sam situation wouldn't be a big deal. Remember he is the first "openly" gay player, not the first gay player. There have been gay players who have played in the NFL and it wasn't a big deal because no one knew. When the first black player played, everyone knew. The context of both are just completely different. There is no such thing as an "openly" black person. Once someone sees you, they will generally know if you are black or not.

Something that is not different would mean they are the same without condition. That is not the case here. That is the only point I am making here.

I have already answered your question in the other thread. I do not agree with your opinion on this topic because that's all it is, your opinion.
Who was the first openly heterosexual NFL player?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:01 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,751,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
NFL Player Fined After Posting Negative Tweets about Michael Sam

Well that should seal it. Im done with the NFL now if this is what its come to. A fine and "re-education" for daring to say he thought the kiss was gross?! Really?! ********* NFL and the rest of these loons.

This is un-American insanity. This is the sort of thing I knew would be coming after the gay marriage push. You cant even utter a single thought of a hint of negativity about anything homo or you get punished now. You aren't allowed to feel differently and say something about it now.

I found the kiss gross too. Thank God I dont work for an org. like the NFL that would punish me for daring to say so.
Well go ahead and boycott them. As far as the kiss being gross and Sam pushing his "gay agenda", he is doing what every straight person has been doing for years. Look how many years as a gay person have I had to be forced to see straight people kiss in front of people. I don't get why people are making a big deal about this. Let people live their lives.

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post

My opinion is not what we were discussing. Homosexuals are born homosexual. Heterosexuals are born heterosexual. Let's agree on the facts first.

My point was that gays have no obligation to appease you on the basis of comfort. Whether they "hide" or "display" their homosexuality should not matter. They are entitled to the same rights and treatment as every other citizen. The rest is bigots trying to rationalize how gays should "stay in their place" and act "straight" to make others more comfortable. Like seeing a black person, people will just have to get over it and deal with it.

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
The reprecussions are not to "change" the way someone thinks. They are to change the way someone acts.

There is so much hypocrisy in that statement, it's not even funny.

That is the exact thing that homosexuals do not want Christians doing to them. I don't see how you justify this thinking but then speak against it when there are Christian organizations that is believe to want to do the same to gays.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
This echoes my sentiments....
just the thought of 2 guys kissing- yuck.
I'm not a fan of football,
but this guy has every right to voice his opinions.
Omg what is this country coming to???
Hell yes it's gross....
I don't care if it's politically correct or not.
Talk about an agenda- wake up people.
There is no freedom of speech anymore, it's long gone.
There is still freedom of speech, but the NFL is allowed to fine their employees who violate their rules. If you started saying hateful things about other employees at your work, your boss is gonna have something to say about that.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
The reprecussions are not to "change" the way someone thinks. They are to change the way someone acts. Homophobia is illegal discrimination in public. Call gays horrible in your private quarters, but do not discriminate in a business environment.

Hmmm, since when was being "homophobic" illegal? Or are we now the thought police too? I have no issue with gay people, but if someone else doesn't agree with it, I will also respect their opinion as well, and defend their right to speak freely.... as silly as some of the arguments may sound. Then again, it seems progressives are only for free speech, or individual freedoms that they approve of.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
In that sense, yes, one is a race and the other is a sexual orientation. All that means is one is easier to hide than the other.
Actually race is NOT a choice... whereas one's sexual orientation is a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There is still freedom of speech, but the NFL is allowed to fine their employees who violate their rules. If you started saying hateful things about other employees at your work, your boss is gonna have something to say about that.
Something to say from the boss, and fining employees (tax deductible mind you) are two different things. Regular people are not fined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies